test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please add more NPC cameos (like Shon, Franklin Drake and so on)

13»

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Everyone wants to knock off Kurland

Then I am not everyone. I do not want him to die a senseless death.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    just have your captain open the hail, "Kurland here" and then switch the channel
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Side note, on the matter of returning characters. There is an interview on trekcore with Denise Crosby and she says Gecko called her recently about possibly doing a Picard tie in mission. Well she said "Star Trek Online's Lead Dev", and that's Gecko. She did clarify she is not in any way saying she is going to be in Picard, but since the last time we saw her she was talking to Data and Spiner is coming back in Picard maybe we get him here too, and we get to finish that bit off.
    Assuming Picard doesn't do something like make Data a holgoram, which would mean he was never restored like he was in STO.

If they want to tie into Picard, they would have to pretty heavily recton parts of the Path to 2409(but its not like that haven't done that already) to make it post Picard, and his time on the Enterprise FAR less.

Since STO starts YEARS after the events in Star Trek Picard (unless they do a time jump in the series as hey, Patrick Stewart is 80, so this series ain't going to run for 7 years - 3 tops which was what Mr. Stewart has said) - STO COULD revive Data (IE place what's left of him in whatever holo-recreation Picard is using) into another Soong-Type android body. It wouldn't even be the most rediculous ressurection Star Trek has had (and as ridiculous as ST: D's was for Culber -- the one that takes the cake still is Spock's regeneration - amazingly to the age he was when he died with no physical after effects from the destruction of the Genesis planet - and the transfer of his FULL mind from McCoy - in STII:TWoK <--- and TOS is still my favorite series and STII:TWoK my favorite to second favorite film <-- Depends on my mood on a given day,) ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    Well, even if the Data presented in Picard turns out to be a hologram, that wouldn't necessarily mean the real Data isn't somewhere else in the Galaxy commanding the Enterprise.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

Kurland should have been airlocked during the Hurquh attacks
  • Options

Kurland should have been airlocked during the Hurq attacks

I think you have an anger issue. Unbecoming of a Starfleet officer, unless you are just KDF or Romulan.
  • Options

I think you have an anger issue. Unbecoming of a Starfleet officer, unless you are just KDF or Romulan.

No anger issue Kurland has run his course and should have been killed off and a new DS9 commander added
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    To be fair the whole Captain Data stuff that's been retconned can easily be discounted from STO's continuity since it has no impact or even reference in any mission so it's just text stuff that only a small percentage of the overall player base has read that gets changed with no tangible consequences.

There are a few original characters that definitely have been neglected or needlessly erased from history. It makes me worry a little about what will get axed when the Romulan arc is revamped, though I do look forward to hearing about things other than how not afraid of the Tal Shiar they are.

Maybe they could do an event to celebrate their original characters and by extension the game's early history by having some of the axed storylines appear as temporal anomalies.
  • Options

No anger issue Kurland has run his course and should have been killed off and a new DS9 commander added

That works in the Terran Empire and Klingon Empire, that does not fly in the United Federation of Planets.
  • Options

That works in the Terran Empire and Klingon Empire, that does not fly in the United Federation of Planets.

Not that hard to kill off Kurland and put in another commanding officer
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Hell, there has never been any official confirmation in-game that the character seen at the end of the "Survivor" mission bringing the Tasha Yar hologram to Sela was Data. They could easily just say it wasn't Data.
    Hell, it could be Lore fulfilling a 'last request' of Data's :s;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Except... Lore is a bit too... nihilistic.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    To be fair the whole Captain Data stuff that's been retconned can easily be discounted from STO's continuity since it has no impact or even reference in any mission so it's just text stuff that only a small percentage of the overall player base has read that gets changed with no tangible consequences.
    This is true. Much of the Path to 2409 has never been mentioned in any mission, and could easily be changed around and still achieve the same result.

Like in the Path to 2409, both Tuvok and Dax were stated to be retired just a few years before STO begins. But Tuvok shows up in-game as an active admiral, with no mention of having ever left/being reinstated, and Dax is currently the captain of the USS Aventine, again, no mention of retirement/reinstatement.

Hell, there has never been any official confirmation in-game that the character seen at the end of the "Survivor" mission bringing the Tasha Yar hologram to Sela was Data. They could easily just say it wasn't Data.

Precisely my thinking my friend, unless they do something dramatic like kill off Seven of Nine in Picard then they don't really have to change anything substantial in game. Uniform change in 10 years is perfectly reasonable, the Romulans will always be up to some kind of tricks and the Borg are just a force of nature short of them adapting Destiny.
  • Options
    haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I wouldn't be surprised if Data starts out STP dead but ends S1 restored. So, just a bit of retconing of the past, maybe with hints of temporal alteration in the game itself -- like how stations are often severely damaged before the maps are revised (though that's not required).

As for Franklin Drake, not only do I hope he continues in new missions, I think a proper introduction needs to be given to him. In the original missions, he was introduced in (to me) a mediocre Romulan Front mission then returned in a superb Cardassian Font mission before bringing him back for the Davidian Arc (which now is easily missed; I hope most new players don't skip it). In the Davidian missions, he just hails the ship. He was already known when the Davidian Arc came out, so that was fine. But now the preceding missions are gone.

He is introduced properly in the KDF tutorial, but I hope he gets a proper (mandatory) introduction for Federation Players. A mission would be too much work, but maybe he could be introduced in an a cutscene, like Daniels is. Federation aligned players are sent somewhere (maybe by falsified Quinn communications), possibly to Drozana, and then a cutscene plays with Drake coming out of the shadows to say he needs us to do a job for Starfleet Intelligence. Then the Davidian Arc starts for those who wish to play it. As it stands now, he just hails the ship with no explanation.
This discussion has been closed.