test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DISCO Era Andorian - Tellerites - and Suarians

stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
Just wondering when will I be able to create either a DISCO era Andorian, Tellerite or Saurian. Seems like these Federation founding species are missing in the lineup
StarTrekIronMan.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Saurians aren't founders.

Point taken, but the other two are. Hoping to see if they implement them in the game, least the first two.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    I doubt they will put the resources into creating these. My original toon was a Saurian, and I haven't seen another in years. Though, I did just see a Benzite for the first time in forever, I'm guessing the cost-benefit ratio isn't to Cryptic's liking.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,493 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    True, the most popular Andorian, just going by the people running around ESD and other social zones, seems to be the smooth forehead TOS type with close to ENT style antennae. Bumpy-latex-faced aliens seem to take a back seat to the more human-looking types for the most part. I would imagine the even lumpier than ENT DSC type would be third place in the lineup if it was used much at all.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    I like the Discovery take on Andorians and Tellarites. I really wish they would make them. My Discovery engineer character I created I used the alien gen to make an Andorian but it didn't quite feel right so I changed her.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    I already have my TOS Andorian captain Gray, so I'm good. Also ageless.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    I think with the Andorians they want to make sure the animated antennae are working properly, and they might also be trying to figure out how to make the existing parts compatible for mixing and matching. Tellarites and Saurians will probably be at the same time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    If I recall correctly, it was stated these will happen after the 10th Anniversary.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Looking forward to it pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    +1 for Saurian makeover.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • tharilion#8359 tharilion Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    True, the most popular Andorian, just going by the people running around ESD and other social zones, seems to be the smooth forehead TOS type with close to ENT style antennae. Bumpy-latex-faced aliens seem to take a back seat to the more human-looking types for the most part. I would imagine the even lumpier than ENT DSC type would be third place in the lineup if it was used much at all.

It is always good to have more options but I must admit I am not fond of the Disco makeover for Andorians, I prefer the older version.

I don't know why they even changed it in Discovery.
    If I recall correctly, it was stated these will happen after the 10th Anniversary.

This indeed is a moment of celebration, I am soo looking forward to the new Andorian look as well as the pig people. I hope they include the saurians, least give them the "Motion picture" look.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    That is "IF" the Saurians are included.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

That is correct. Which is NOT to say any time "soon" after the anniversary, it simply means not before. So we really have no ETA on these at all.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Soon, like in Jem'Hadar Veteran Ship for LTS. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    stark2k wrote: »
    That is "IF" the Saurians are included.

Considering we actually got to see one for longer than a few seconds in Discovery... and he even spoke and interacted with main characters...
    I'd say its pretty optimistic to say that the Discovery Saurian is coming.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Hoping that the Andorians have moving antennas, be nice to see that animated xD
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    stark2k wrote: »
    Hoping that the Andorians have moving antennas, be nice to see that animated xD

Considering they just added the default/Enterprise style antennae animations, and the Discovery Andorian NPCs have them animated...
    Magic 8 Ball says...
    Magic_8_Ball_-_Instrument_Of_Evil%3F_%282426454804%29.jpg
    It is always good to have more options but I must admit I am not fond of the Disco makeover for Andorians, I prefer the older version.
    It's got to be said, but the Andorians and Tellarites of ENT are perfect. I don't see why DSC needed to change them either, as I'm neither a fan of their redesign.

Then again, the DSC makeup guys went OTT on the Klingon rework, so it stands to reason they'd have to do something for the other species. I'm amazed Vulcans didn't end up with four ears.

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @flash525 said:
    > (Quote)
    > It's got to be said, but the Andorians and Tellarites of ENT are perfect. I don't see why DSC needed to change them either, as I'm neither a fan of their redesign.
    >
    > Then again, the DSC makeup guys went OTT on the Klingon rework, so it stands to reason they'd have to do something for the other species. I'm amazed Vulcans didn't end up with four ears.

I disagree. Why was it necessary to make Tellarites dwarves? Thar rework also came completely out of nowhere, DSC brings them closer to the TOS incarnation again. But still no hoofed hands and feet 😃
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I disagree. Why was it necessary to make Tellarites dwarves? Thar rework also came completely out of nowhere, DSC brings them closer to the TOS incarnation again. But still no hoofed hands and feet 😃

ENT had its way with ST-continuity in all the wrong ways in general. It kinda felt more like they flew a museum-ship through the 24th century, and the other races just played along. That one Ferengi almost blew it tho, I bet he was thinking about telling Archer that this ISN'T the 22nd century if he got some stuff in exchange.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    We need the TMP and TNG Andorians as well
    275765036_7b3dd9de3f_o.jpg275749064_e78a6473dc.jpg
    4.jpg

I need to make a crew of ENT, DSC, TOS, TAS, TMP, Aenar, and TNG Andorians
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    I was hoping to make a DSC Andorian so I could take a beauty shot back when there was that snowy moon on the login screen. I was miffed to find there were only humans, Vulcans, and aliens on the start.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    > @flash525 said:
    It's got to be said, but the Andorians and Tellarites of ENT are perfect. I don't see why DSC needed to change them either, as I'm neither a fan of their redesign.

Then again, the DSC makeup guys went OTT on the Klingon rework, so it stands to reason they'd have to do something for the other species. I'm amazed Vulcans didn't end up with four ears.

> @azrael605 said:
    I disagree completely, in all respects.

> @angrytarg said:
    I disagree. Why was it necessary to make Tellarites dwarves? Thar rework also came completely out of nowhere, DSC brings them closer to the TOS incarnation again. But still no hoofed hands and feet.

In my opinion, their ENT appearance was more than justified; it was modern. To ask why they were made dwarfs and why they weren’t the TOS style, the same question should be asked of TNG Klingons. Why change them from TOS?

Modern times require modern changes.
    flash525 wrote: »

Yeah, but ENT is never going to be a good example for that. DIS did that way better.

Yeah, but ENT is never going to be a good example for that. DIS did that way better.
    I disagree. I quite enjoyed Enterprise, most of it at least. There's always the odd episode, or story arc that's a little lacking, but I felt the show got stronger as it went on, and I'd have loved to have seen the results of what they had planned for Season 5.

TOS was before my time, and I simply can't sit through an episode of that, even now; it's just too dated. TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT and DSC all have had their moments. Pros and Cons with each.
    edited September 2019
    TOS was before my time, and I simply can't sit through an episode of that, even now; it's just too dated.

Some episodes are kinda timeless despite dated looks, but these are very few IMO. I agree that a lot of it is borderline-unwatchable now, especially because it's despite all efforts still very conservative.

ENT on the other hand felt completely wrong from the start. I don't really mind the looks or anything, but at the time I wanted the story to go forward, not backward. Also, ENT has the WORST continuity-errors in all of Trek.

I posted that elsewhere, ENT feels like Starfleet had 22nd-century-people stored somewhere, woke them up after Nemesis and pretended that there is no federation yet (the moon's gravitational field also obscured all their warp-signatures, so Archer's ship did not detect Starfleet). So Archer and crew fly around on a secretly-museum-starship with forged sensor-feed and all other species just play along for the lulz. Fortunately, "These Are The Voyages" tells us that it was all just a holo-novel.

angrytarg wrote: »

I view it as possibly a different ethnic group of Tellarites. Same with the TOS Andorians.
    Just look at how diverse humans are. Why can't aliens be the same, and in some cases show their differences a bit more dramatically? For example the TOS Andorians could be from a more "temperate" region of Andoria, while the Enterprise style is could be more northern. Discovery style could be the "tropical" or southern group.

I know Andoria's a giant snowball, but I was basically stating regions, not actual weather. Throwing out a theory.
    edited September 2019
    > @redeyedraven said:
    > ENT on the other hand felt completely wrong from the start. I don't really mind the looks or anything, but at the time I wanted the story to go forward, not backward. Also, ENT has the WORST continuity-errors in all of Trek.
    >
    > Fortunately, "These Are The Voyages" tells us that it was all just a holo-novel. :p

What continuity problems are you specifically referring too? I know there were elements of ENT that seemed to have come out of nowhere (hello Xindi, Sullivan and Denobulan) but I wasn’t aware of anything that specifically overwrites established Trek?

I’m sorry to say too, but that last episode (as dire as it was) didn’t mean the whole show was just a holo-novel.

> @rattler2 said:
    > I view it as possibly a different ethnic group of Tellarites. Same with the TOS Andorians.
    > I know Andoria's a giant snowball, but I was basically stating regions, not actual weather. Throwing out a theory.

I like your way of thinking. Andoria is actually just a moon, it would make sense to think there’s other planets that Andorrans would have conquered where the climate is more tropical.
This discussion has been closed.