test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Running STO from a flash drive

Im having some trouble trying to get a opy of STO running rom my flash drive to work. ARC insists on not being installed on it and breaks if I move it to the drive. Im at a loss how to get it to work.

I lack a steady internet so using the library's puter is all I can do. It works fine if it can run off the flash drive. I cant install any programs.
Stellarum, mea sunt
The Stars are Mine.

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    First of all, how much room does your flash drive have? Arc needs a lot of room, though after you install it, try again to change the drive you want it to go to and install Arc there and the STO game, then you can uninstall Arc and just keep the launcher for STO on it. Ironically, when I had Steam I tried that and was unsuccessful but when I did it with Arc it was ok. That was when I did not have enough room on the laptop I had, now I have enough room for STO on the laptop I use. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    dawnpromisedawnpromise Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Im having trouble getting a copy to run without arc. Id prefer to scrap it but *shrugs*

64 gigs is the room I have to install the arc/STO in.
    Stellarum, mea sunt
    The Stars are Mine.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    I cant install any programs.
    Could this be due to restrictions put in place by the library on their computers?
  • Options
    trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    The installer sets the file location in HKCU\Software\Cryptic\Star Trek Online\InstallLocation

If you move the files elsewhere and start the game, it will just redownload the files to the original location unless you change the registry key.
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS