What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Command the Elachi Qulash Frigate!

2»

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It's about time that those older Lobi Space Sets get automatically get upgraded to VR to begin with like you did for the Ground Weapons.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    frankly, i'd prefer every piece of gear in the lobi store be upgraded to UR mk 13...we're certainly paying enough for it

but that's a topic for another thread, really​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    kavolkavol Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    AFAIK this is the Elachi vessel class that lands on planets and turns into Elachi walkers, transformers style. Note the legs tucked up against its sides.

We won't get to do that though. ;)
    sto-large.jpg
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    kavol wrote: »
    AFAIK this is the Elachi vessel class that lands on planets and turns into Elachi walkers, transformers style. Note the legs tucked up against its sides.

We won't get to do that though. ;)

I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. While the player ship obviously does not actually do that ingame it does open up a lot of RP possibilities :)
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    now if only the silent enemy set was actually worth using...​​

You can make it work on the Qulash but it really is pretty underwhelming, like most lobi sets.
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Also I can smell a frigate bundle coming out... C-store has that in the oven most probably.
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    casualsto wrote: »
    Also I can smell a frigate bundle coming out... C-store has that in the oven most probably.

That would be good especially if they do a 4 ship one(KDF, Fed, JH and Rom) and give them decent looks as well
  • Options
    With another Console, that no matter which of the ships you fly, will always give you your Faction Specific Bonus. And instead of it being 8,000 Zen but 6,400 on initial release Weekend it will be 10,000 list and 8,000 initial rekease Weekend as they will throw in some thing-a-ma-jigs. And not Fleet grade either.

Not doing the big Bundles anymore (would require them doing 12 ship now - too much work) they need to get the price point back into the realm where those 9 ship Bundles used to play.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    casualsto wrote: »
    Well we didn't get a science scout bundle in the c-store after the Lukari scout ship but I guess that could be because science doesn't sell.

• Options
    The Console is in a Set with the Hun'garian Qulash Frigate. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    and the russian Gou'lash frigate​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Oh, I do hope we get a set bonus in the frigate that lets it transform to walker mode so I can live out some space Regult fantasies (bonus points if you get the reference)
  • Options
    Zentradi Battle Pods?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    Zentradi Battle Pods?

Yup!

Its why I fly the gen 1 pilot raptors with the MMM console and the ferengi/kentari rocket launchers (spread enabled) equipped as while its not the greatest for dps...boy, it makes me happy to unleash

• Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    avoozuul wrote: »
    science doesn't sell.

Not true. Sci-bundles were usually received pretty damn well, starting way back with the Vesta in S7.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    miirik wrote: »
    Because I been getting a bit tired of them not putting in a simple forum thread when I click "discuss on the forums".

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11245823-command-the-elachi-qulash-frigate!

My thoughts: I'm excited, Elachi is one of my favorite aliens and probably top 5 alien ship designs. I'm grinding this for sure.
    Also, I like they made a new ship type, last we had was scout ship, which was a science vessel and raider hybrid. Now we got frigates being a cruiser and raider hybrid. Makes me wonder if they should do something with heavy raiders.

I agree 100% what is the point of that button without tge thread and they keep doing that.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    science doesn't sell.

Not true. Sci-bundles were usually received pretty damn well, starting way back with the Vesta in S7.
    Well the devs don't seem to think so. ;)

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Zentradi Battle Pods?
    Disgusting Protoculture addicts!

Or at least that's what the Haydonites think of Zentraedi. The Invid had something else to say that I won't try to repeat here... mainly because the Invid language is a series of psionic echoes. I could attempt a translation, but it'd be vague at best.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.