test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need better way to earn Assessed Strategems since nobody does pickup co-op queue anymore.

2»

Comments

• koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,816 Community Moderator
    No, we're not going to do this name calling and throw accusations thing. I suggest it stop now.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,803 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    koppster wrote: »
    I've tried repeatedly recently to get teams to queue using RedditChat and the in-game dps invite channels. Also tried zone chats and NoP public service to get groups to queue. No-one will touch them, because of a pathological fear of PvP in this game.

Can't say I blame them. PvPers can instagib most players in the space of time it takes to try hit a key on your keyboard for a defensive cd, BUT you try tell them BCE (Binary Circuit Elite) involves zero PvP and they're still not interested.

I once sat 8 hours idling in Earth Spacedock for both Binary Circuit Advanced and Elite, neither queue popped. Strategems are too hard to get and you're left with the solutions already proposed. Maybe the Rare and above random queue boxes can also offer an Elite mark of your choice?

Just another suggestion.

Can't speak for everyone of course, but it is at least generally not a case of "pathological fear of PvP" from what I have heard in chat and other places, it is disgust with PvP. And that disgust often starts in other games where it is highly toxic or set up so the biggest wallet always wins so it does not matter if it is relatively benign in STO or not, a lot of the players come here already wanting to have nothing to do with it.

edited July 2019
    (Discussion of moderation, trolling, harassing comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    With the introduction of the queue group instances it has become possible for 2 players to start a 5 or even 10 player private PvE map by just inviting their alts. Due to lack of interest of the playerbase (and I am in most PvE chans) I had no other choice but to play that way in groups of only 3-4 players for weeks now.

I never understood if this is a bug or feature but it seems to be a game sided necessity as the game wishes to maintain the philosophy that toons who log off during a PvE for whatever reason (DC, toonhop) they keep on getting forced on a PvE instance upon reloging for as long as it is being kept active by at least one single team mate.

Sadly the option to set up any competitive maps in such a fashion does not exist as it is not allowed to tent to them privately in the first place.

I think we have reached a point where the general PvE populations is so small (especialy during the summer months) that this should be enabled here. Geko's fear of exploiting rewards is unjustified since all 3 competitive maps include considerable PvE tasks to be fulfilled. This isn’t Shanty Town 2012. It's PvE void 2019 and one can't grab rewards multiple time that way. ;)

As a public solution those maps could also be re-designed as 3:3 instead of 5:5 teams to have a better chance of starting but I doubt Cryptic has interest to reanimate a patient who has been dead for months.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I've tried repeatedly recently to get teams to queue using RedditChat and the in-game dps invite channels. Also tried zone chats and NoP public service to get groups to queue. No-one will touch them, because of a pathological fear of PvP in this game.

Can't say I blame them. PvPers can instagib most players in the space of time it takes to try hit a key on your keyboard for a defensive cd, BUT you try tell them BCE (Binary Circuit Elite) involves zero PvP and they're still not interested.

I once sat 8 hours idling in Earth Spacedock for both Binary Circuit Advanced and Elite, neither queue popped. Strategems are too hard to get and you're left with the solutions already proposed. Maybe the Rare and above random queue boxes can also offer an Elite mark of your choice?

Just another suggestion.

Can't speak for everyone of course, but it is at least generally not a case of "pathological fear of PvP" from what I have heard in chat and other places, it is disgust with PvP. And that disgust often starts in other games where it is highly toxic or set up so the biggest wallet always wins so it does not matter if it is relatively benign in STO or not, a lot of the players come here already wanting to have nothing to do with it.
    Plenty of people like PvP. It's just they don't want to play STO because STO PvP is pointless and years abandoned.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    PvPers can instagib most players in the space of time it takes to try hit a key on your keyboard for a defensive cd, BUT you try tell them BCE (Binary Circuit Elite) involves zero PvP and they're still not interested.

Sadly this.

I don't have some "patholgical fear" of PvP, but my experience of it has never been good. Any time have played it have ended up Vs a PvP fleet who vape everyone and leave you staring at a 15-0 score chart before you even knew what happened.
    Ironically, that's exactly what I'd want to get in PvP. Have someone vape everyone and leave me staring at a reward before I even knew what happened. Well, if PvP had a reward worth staring at.

But then this is all off topic. It's unfortunate discussions of the competitive rep always devolve into PvP talk, because it just perpetuates the baseless myth that "comprep is PvP." It's not.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,816 Community Moderator
    PSA: You getting up in your feelings about someone disagreeing with you is on you. Disagreement is not trolling. Name calling, baseless accusations, and escalating hostility are though. If you cannot argue/debate without doing that (or worse) then perhaps you should walk away from the conversation. If you find yourself unable to do that, though, and you would rather "play games" with other forumites and moderators, then the moderation team can help you.

Carry on.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited July 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Sadly this.

I don't have some "patholgical fear" of PvP, but my experience of it has never been good. Any time have played it have ended up Vs a PvP fleet who vape everyone and leave you staring at a 15-0 score chart before you even knew what happened.

Same here. I've run the space PvP queues as part of the endeavour and just ended up disgusted and frustrated. In ground there's less latitude for instagib meta-builds and I can hold my own, to a degree, but it seems conspicuous that no sooner does a PvP endeavour roll around that the queues are full of teams that can all nuke other players in a literal second. They must be waiting in the shadows, ready to pounce.

Sadly, PWE does not seem interested in balancing the game in this respect, likely because only a very small minority particiapte in it. Even more sadly, they seem oblivious of the fact that the very reason players don't participate is their lack of action in making it accessible and competitive for everyone. Catch-22.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    PvPers can instagib most players in the space of time it takes to try hit a key on your keyboard for a defensive cd, BUT you try tell them BCE (Binary Circuit Elite) involves zero PvP and they're still not interested.
    Sadly this.

Real talk: PvP in ANY game has a BRUTAL learning curve. Just watch a youtube of people playing any of the 20 or so battle royale games that are out right now. Either you "git gud" or get noob-stomped. And that's in games where you use whatever gear you find laying on the ground during the match.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JyDRH-kBMA
    But in games where you actually customize your gear? The noob-stomping goes super-Saiyan because Noobs don't have good gear OR tactics. then there's how gear choice affects tactics... Hehe, reminds me of this old game:

Poor noobs, couldn't even see all my powers because they don't fit in the character tooltip. :p I'm sure you can guess how hard I noob-stomped people who were actual newbies in that game.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    luckily there is the binary circuit endeavor running atm. so right now it should pop more or less directly ;)
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 397 Arc User
    felisean wrote: »
    luckily there is the binary circuit endeavor running atm. so right now it should pop more or less directly ;)

Some variation of Murphy's Law at work here. --> The day after I obtain the last stratagem I needed (via the buy 1 a day for 100 marks method), the co-op queue lights up due to global endeavor.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    You can never have too many Elite Marks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Sadly this.

Real talk: PvP in ANY game has a BRUTAL learning curve. Just watch a youtube of people playing any of the 20 or so battle royale games that are out right now. Either you "git gud" or get noob-stomped. And that's in games where you use whatever gear you find laying on the ground during the match.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JyDRH-kBMA
    But in games where you actually customize your gear? The noob-stomping goes super-Saiyan because Noobs don't have good gear OR tactics. then there's how gear choice affects tactics... Hehe, reminds me of this old game:

Poor noobs, couldn't even see all my powers because they don't fit in the character tooltip. :p I'm sure you can guess how hard I noob-stomped people who were actual newbies in that game.
    Not to mention in most real PvP games, you DON'T get the same reward win or lose. You might even get penalized for dying in some games (really penalized, not a trivial little "injury" debuff you can remove for free).

STO's PvP is a preschool playground where nobody ever actually loses anything. Just like STO's PvE, really. If it had a worthwhile reward people would gladly play it no matter how bad they are, because even getting noobstomped doesn't actually hinder you in any way.
    ltminns wrote: »
    You can never have too many Elite Marks.
    Well, they are worth 333 purple rocks each.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    As for ground being better...you obviously have not run into a good science PvPer. We can stun lock entire groups basically forever. Yeah it isn't a one shot...it's worse.
    My fave thing about the winter kit powers is that my science people can now stack damage resists with AoEs and the AoEs hurt badly enough that the debuffs are overkill on most enemies. Neutron Blast, Ice blast, if they live, electric blast!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.