test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next Delta Recuitment event?

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
Anyone hear when the next Delta Recruit event when happen? (Don't care about the other 'recruit' stuff - just Delta)

The sooner the better I say!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    for us that doesn't grind favors, this times would be nice for recrt. reruns
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Nothing has been disclosed. It has already be re-run once in April 2018 so I'd expect it to be years away.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I'd guess one of the other recruit events will rerun before Delta does.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Temporal had way better unlocks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »

True, however due to the nature of the Temporal Recruit event (Being Fed only), its not likely to happen.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I really wish the devs would get over thier Klingon hate and do a KDF AOY. not all factions liked J'ula
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    yep discovery recruits should be kdf centric,then at the end of s2 content temporal centric ...
  • Options
    But, but, 'everyone' says that Cryptic hates all the Factions except the Federation, so doing a Temporal Event would be just what they would do. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    We already had a second Delta run, I think it's time they had a second Temporal one but only if they fix the damn reward unlock for finding all temporal probes.
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I'd like to see a Discovery flavoured event along the lines of Delta, Temporal and Gamma. That being said, not opposed to seeing those events re-ran for folks that didn't get to do so before for whatever reason, or even for folks that enjoy re-running them, if that's their sort of thing.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    jr20mb13jr20mb13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    youll see a Discovery Recruitment event before another Delta.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    I believe they said that there isn't going to be a Discovery Recruitment event.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Temporal needs to re-run before delta gets another pass. The temporal rewards vastly outclass the delta imo. Both are still worth having but you get more bang for you buck with temporal imo.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

True, however due to the nature of the Temporal Recruit event (Being Fed only), its not likely to happen.

I'm pretty sure that the devs have reiterated this too and that retooling the AoY event to include all factions was probably not going to be an option that was pursued.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The least they could do is fix the bugs on peoples AoY toons.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Sorry, relatively new here, what is a Delta Recruit?

Delta Recruits are captains of any faction who are recruited during the Delta Recruitment event.

This should help:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Delta_Recruitment
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

I know they said that, does that mean they aren't going to run another Vanguard recruit event either? If they were so worried about these events being one faction only, then why didn't they put some more time to make them open to every faction?
  • Options
    Because they wanted you to create AoY or Jem'Hadar Characters.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The recruit events are a sort of optional theme overlay on the normal progression of episodes that add tasks and rewards to characters started during the event. So far there have been three of them: Agents of Yesterday, Delta Recruit, and Gamma Recruit (only the Delta has run twice, the others have been one-shots). Each recruit receives a macguffin object clicky in their inventory that when used opens the special mission tracker for the recruitment overlay stuff.

I missed AoY by a day or two when I first started STO but I hear it was great. Characters for it are from TOS (Fed only unfortunately) and adds a temporal cold war element from what I hear.

Delta is really good too (I have done that one). It has a temporal element too, though it builds up to events in the Delta quadrant rather than the temporal cold war. Characters are modern day and can be from Fed, Rom, or KDF factions.

I have heard that Gamma is rather annoying. It is only availible to Jem'Hadar unfortunately (if the Dominion was a real faction instead of just a convoluted single race unlock it might actually be something). I have a Gamma recruit but cannot really comment on the annoyance factor since I have not done any of it except the two level awards (and maybe crafting ones, I do not remember offhand if Gamma Recruits have them) since they are the only short-term ones that do not involve ground and I find the Jem'Hadar impossible to get a feel for which makes any ground scenarios extremely tedious with the thing (the ship is nice though so I use it occasionally for space farming).
  • Options
    Because they wanted you to create AoY or Jem'Hadar Characters.

Then why later on say they don't want to do it because it's exclusive? So it's exclusive for the event but TRIBBLE people who weren't around for it?
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The recruit events are a sort of optional theme overlay on the normal progression of episodes that add tasks and rewards to characters started during the event. So far there have been three of them: Agents of Yesterday, Delta Recruit, and Gamma Recruit (only the Delta has run twice, the others have been one-shots). Each recruit receives a macguffin object clicky in their inventory that when used opens the special mission tracker for the recruitment overlay stuff.

I missed AoY by a day or two when I first started STO but I hear it was great. Characters for it are from TOS (Fed only unfortunately) and adds a temporal cold war element from what I hear.

Delta is really good too (I have done that one). It has a temporal element too, though it builds up to events in the Delta quadrant rather than the temporal cold war. Characters are modern day and can be from Fed, Rom, or KDF factions.

I have heard that Gamma is rather annoying. I have a Gamma recruit but cannot really comment on the annoyance factor since have not done any of it except the level awards since they are the only short-term ones that do not involve ground and I find the Jem'Hadar impossible to get a feel for which makes any ground scenarios tedious with the thing (the ship is nice though so I use it occasionally for space farming).

I've got four temporal agents from AoY and a single Delta Recruit and single Gamma Recruit. Age of/Mirror of/Rise of Discovery missed a golden opportunity by not including a recruitment event? Well that and not allowing Andorian or Tellarite toons to be part of the mix. I already had human and vulcan toons, so rolling those left me indifferent to the all of the Disco content. I WAS hoping for a revamped Tellarite or Andorian, so yeah, they blew it with me.

I suspect that in a couple of years they will float Delta again, but the logic for not repeating Temporal Agents also applies to the Dominion's Gamma Recruits. So, doubtful that they will repeat?
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

[citation needed]
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »

[citation needed]

I don't remember when, but someone basically said since the event is Fed only they probably wont do it again, said maybe they'll look into other ways of obtaining the rewards some day.
  • Options
    sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    I'd love another Delta recruit event, or any other solution to get last delta recruit event's KDF alt out of the tutorial...
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    I think they should start with one of them, and run it. Then, wait a month or two, and run the next one. Keep doing this each year as regular events. The whole point is to get players to create new characters, who wouldn't normally do it by rewarding them. This will not only do that on a more regular basis, but will also give something for new players to be interested in as well.

Razar.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
This discussion has been closed.