test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What will be your T6 coupon ship?

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I will unlock mine in a few hours and I'll be getting the Andorian Thozyn.

I greatly prefer the Kuthar, which I already have, but I am getting the Thozyn for the Trait (Promise of Ferocity) and cosmetic unlocks for the Kuthar.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User

iamjmph wrote: »
    hmmm... because of a missed day i wont actually get the coupon till next ftfo, but.. ATM my picks are(links probably not needed but...:

1. Ketha- https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ketha_Recon_Raptor ... My KDF side is a little lacking in KDF t6's(cross-faction yeah but until a recent splurge(the t6 oddy megabundle and the negh'tev cross-faction bundle) i only had the Nas'Jov for KDF t6.
    2. Arbiter- https://sto.gamepedia.com/Arbiter_Battlecruiser ... I have plenty of FED t6 ships, but I've had the Avenger since it came out and the console set bonus would be nice.
    3. Hathos - https://sto.gamepedia.com/Hathos_Warbird ... I only have 2 ROMS, but the t6 picking for ROM ships is also slim. pretty much the same as the KDF side. I like the trait for this one too.

Anyone have any ideas on my choices to help make the decision easier? I play more FED, but i have a KDF fleet i love, so i do stay active kdf side(both roms and jem'hadar are kdf...)

All 3 are solid choices. Depends on what you want.
    KDF-recon is an awesome ship to fly. While i primarily use the Fed-recon the KDF version is a solid choice and fun.

Arbiter is still one of the best fed battlecruisers and gives access to an awesome trait.

Hathos is a fun ship to fly, but for me personally i lean more towards the T-Varo so the Hathos only gets taken out for a spin once in a while.

So which T6 ship did you end up getting with your free token? I picked the Narendra-Class Support Cruiser T6 for it's starship trait History Will Remember.

Nice ship. If i did not have it i probably would have gone for this one.
    While i still really like the https://sto.gamepedia.com/Negh'Tev_Heavy_Battlecruiser i will probably not use it often.
    My other choice is https://sto.gamepedia.com/Intel_Assault_Cruiser for the trait.

Will get the coupon today but still haven't make a final decision. I may end up sitting on the coupon for a future T6 Nova
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    thecrusaderxthecrusaderx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    TFW everyone got their coupons and I am just 200 short.

Some of the runs I did probably didn't get credit towards progress or something. Well that just stinks but I can only blame myself for it or something.
    tumblr_p7rwq2Qtxu1wsk1foo1_500.jpg

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I'm still a hundred or so away too, even after doing runs before maint.

I'm also still undecided about which ship to get.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Some of the runs I did probably didn't get credit towards progress or something. Well that just stinks but I can only blame myself for it or something.

I'd bet its the annoying 20 hour limiter. That is absolutely miserable if you play after work during the week, and then want to play during the morning/day on the weekends, especially when there is no indicator to tell you how much longer till it rolls over.

I really wish they would go to a daily reset like endeavors and other sensible games.
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    if you like the universal upgrade I think you can still get the pack that gives some coupons and it
  • Options
    edited June 2019

especially when there is no indicator to tell you how much longer till it rolls over.

If you open your TFO interface, there is a button at the bottom to click that tells you how much time you have before it rolls over.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited June 2019

I'd bet its the annoying 20 hour limiter. That is absolutely miserable if you play after work during the week, and then want to play during the morning/day on the weekends, especially when there is no indicator to tell you how much longer till it rolls over.

I really wish they would go to a daily reset like endeavors and other sensible games.

I am about 300 short, and I am fairly sure that it is because they do have it set up on a fixed daily timer like the endeavors instead of a floating 20 hour cooldown. At first I assumed it was synched with the FTFO cooldown but when I got more time to play this last week or so instead of dropping in to do the daily run for the ship and having to leave, I started keeping an actual track of how the numbers incremented I noticed that was not the case.

It does make sense that they would do it using a variant of the endeavor system since it is already set up to be account-wide whereas the cooldowns are per character. It would make a lot more sense if they included the timer readout somewhere though.

As for what ship to get, I am thinking of getting the Chronos Temporal Dreadnaught Cruiser, it looks interesting and I like the idea of the mode system, and it also works for every faction.

• Options
    The Chronos is an awesome ship. I fly it on a couple of my toons and although it isn't 'optimized' it does kill things fairly quickly.

An optimized one would probably blow mine out of the water, but I'm happy with mine.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

Don't worry, I am a couple of hundreds and almost a thousand away still as I missed the first event almost entirely on my alt account and to large parts on my main. pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

Don't worry, I am a couple of hundreds and almost a thousand away still as I missed the first event almost entirely on my alt account and to large parts on my main. pig-2.gif​​

Me to on my alt account, my main already have the Hestia, so i'm good with that..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    rhazedurilerhazedurile Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    200 short too.

It's ok. I'm holding out for that T6 Oberth anyway. :smiley:
    dZWjlSs.jpg
  • Options
    So ended up using the coupon on the Archon, intel cruiser. Mostly for the trait.
    If the ship ends up having sufficient redeeming qualities while leveling i may use it, but i tend to lean more towards the classic TNG look instead of the Ent-E.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    So ended up using the coupon on the Archon, intel cruiser. Mostly for the trait.
    If the ship ends up having sufficient redeeming qualities while leveling i may use it, but i tend to lean more towards the classic TNG look instead of the Ent-E.

If you like FAW Beam Boats.. it's a pretty good ship. Handles nice, looks great, has access to Intel seating and it's pretty tough to kill.

Overall, a good pick.. hope you enjoy it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I'm not really sure. I already picked up all the ships in the c-store with good traits and have a lot of lockbox and lobi ships that are superior to the garbage in the c-store. I might just sit on them till something else comes out with a good trait.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options

If you like FAW Beam Boats.. it's a pretty good ship. Handles nice, looks great, has access to Intel seating and it's pretty tough to kill.

Overall, a good pick.. hope you enjoy it.

If you like a generic FAW boat i suppose it can be made to work, but it has a high focus on engineering and tanking while the intel specialization has little sync with engineering and tanking.

The trait is good and the torpedo will also get some use, but i feel command specialization would have been a far better choice for the Archon.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    I'm thinking the Europa, Sutherland, Kathor or Phantom
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      > @smokebailey said:
      > questerius wrote: »
      >
      > zedbrightlander1 wrote: »
      >
      > What is the BIGGEST C-Store Federation ship?
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > Was about to mention the Pizza cutter, but i found out it is not actually C-store.
      > https://sto.gamepedia.com/Universe_Temporal_Heavy_Dreadnought_Cruiser
      >
      > I think this one is next in line:
      > https://sto.gamepedia.com/Sagittarius-class_Temporal_Cruiser
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > The Ent J would not make a good pizza cutter.
      >
      > The Discovery, however, would.

When I retired, one of the presents folks gave me was a Constitution Enterprise pizza cutter. The Saucer section being the cutter. It does work.

[Another present was a working TOS Communicator that connected by Bluetooth to your Mobile. You could answer calls and talk on it.]
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • Options
      ltminns wrote: »
      > @smokebailey said:
      > questerius wrote: »
      >
      > zedbrightlander1 wrote: »
      >
      > What is the BIGGEST C-Store Federation ship?
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > Was about to mention the Pizza cutter, but i found out it is not actually C-store.
      > https://sto.gamepedia.com/Universe_Temporal_Heavy_Dreadnought_Cruiser
      >
      > I think this one is next in line:
      > https://sto.gamepedia.com/Sagittarius-class_Temporal_Cruiser
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > The Ent J would not make a good pizza cutter.
      >
      > The Discovery, however, would.

When I retired, one of the presents folks gave me was a Constitution Enterprise pizza cutter. The Saucer section being the cutter. It does work.

[Another present was a working TOS Communicator that connected by Bluetooth to your Mobile. You could answer calls and talk on it.]

The TOS communicator sounds like a nice gadget.
      I went for the Archon, what are you folks considering for/get with the coupon?
    • Options
      angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      I still think it'll be the daystrom variant of the MW cruisers. With ViL they reworked boarding parties (without much debate I think, I was quire surprised when I found out). The shuttles are now really fast again which sadly renders the doffs for arming and using them as auxilliary combat craft less useful as the shuttles reach their target before they can deal damage. The daystrom trait to beam them over lets me use BPs (I just like the ability fluffwise) and frees up my doff space 😉
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • Options
      vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
      I've already got everything I want out of the C-Store so I think I'll just save my coupon for a rainy day.
      "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
    • Options
      zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
      artan42 wrote: »
      What is the BIGGEST C-Store Federation ship?

Jupiter.​​

f31ef78d4d344c9d8e18f8af1d933b34.png
      Finally found this.

Thanks everybody. Sorry if I started a Math War. :p
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      artan42 wrote: »
      What is the BIGGEST C-Store Federation ship?

Jupiter.​​

f31ef78d4d344c9d8e18f8af1d933b34.png
      Finally found this.

Thanks everybody. Sorry if I started a Math War. :p

Well please un-find it again. It's one of the worst ones I made. Go to the Federation Playable Starship page and navigate to the fleet charts section for a less embarrassing version. It's still incomplete due to the removal of the Foundry but it's far better than that.
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      Dang for a moment i though you were referring to the carrier, but that is the old school dread.
      https://sto.gamepedia.com/Jupiter_Class_Dreadnought

This one is probably also pretty big:
      https://sto.gamepedia.com/Jupiter_Class_Carrier

@angrytarg
      Tried that trait, but with NPC having such a high subsystem repair i failed to notice any significant subsystem downtime. Theoretically it is a very nice trait though.

Bought the MW pack a while ago. Using the tactical variant with a cannon build (SC/Turret). Loads of fun and scarily effective.
    • Options
      The Jupiter Carrier is quite large. I have one and I've been flying my son in law's on his Andorian captain.

They need some turning help, but they're not bad for a carrier.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
    • Options
      echatty wrote: »
      The Jupiter Carrier is quite large. I have one and I've been flying my son in law's on his Andorian captain.

They need some turning help, but they're not bad for a carrier.

Doesn't the Jupiter come with 3 Sovereign pets as tugs?
    • Options
      Two hangar bays of Callistos is what they come with.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
    • Options
      edited June 2019
      Must be my mind then. Dislike the sovereign to such a degree that i cannot see them in any other capacity than Tugs.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMrzdKzQTf8
    • Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      Dang for a moment i though you were referring to the carrier, but that is the old school dread.
      https://sto.gamepedia.com/Jupiter_Class_Dreadnought

This one is probably also pretty big:
      https://sto.gamepedia.com/Jupiter_Class_Carrier
      FleetChart6.png?version=58b93d770e95d46ce0eede99d5a67503

FleetChart4.png?version=6391581f889f9353928b2d2db3e70c7d

The Dreadnought is longer (only slightly) but the Carrier probably has more volume as it's lower hull mirrors the top whereas the Dreadnought's lower hull is much thinner than the top hull.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
      Out of interest, where did those size comparisons come from? Side by side in game comparisons, or measurements of the models in the Foundry? Or something else?

-K
    This discussion has been closed.