test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Endeavor Repair 50000 hull from team mates. Difficulties.

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
Does anyone else have difficutlies finishing this endeavor?
A2S, ET, HE. Protomatter console, none of them seem to have any effect.
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Comments

• Options
    poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I ran Crystalline twice, threw Hazard Emitters and Engineering Team at team members who got hammered in the blast. I forgot about doing DPS pretty much, maxed my Aux for the duration.
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I was having trouble with that because I never do it. But after a couple of tries in Crystalline Cataclysm, looking at my team mates and waiting for their hull to go down, all that stuff worked nicely. Of course, it depends on how tough your team is too.
  • Options
    zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    It was actually very easy. I did defend starbase one and healed a less fortunate teammate with engineering team and hazard emitters 2-3 times.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I tended to the endeavor with two fleet mates yesterday and yea it was tricky.

First we played HSa in which two of us managed to get the endeavor done by using HE, ET and the heal ability of the vanguard wingmen. It’s a bit difficult as peeps are only used to pull self-heals and what makes it worse here do so with automatic stuff like energy refrequencer and the ap beta-doff or the protomatter tac consoles which all do not count. Hard part for most DPS centric builds is the low spec into active heal abilities which are needed here and only count for the endeavor if the person you like to heal is actually below 100% hull. And you need to pull a few of those then.

For the third team-mate we faked a PvP match. As opponent I needed to take off 6 of my 8 beams in order not to instant kill the other player where the heals were supposed to be thrown onto. The https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Protomatter_Field worked for the final team mate in need of the endeavor then without any issues. It is also considered an active heal and is independant of any specs (which makes it so useful, almost OP).

If you need any team ups for getting it done we can do so together in the afternoon if you like. I think we are around at the same time often Questerius. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I was able to heal others as a sci toon on Infected Conduit.
  • Options
    It is safe to say that this endeavor may be my natural enemy, but i somehow managed to get it done.
    Used the team synergy trait and spammed ET and protomatter. It also helped that the ISA run i did had a large "new ship syndrome" looming over it.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Find a willing victim to pair with, go into a patrol together and they get hit while you heal them up. Swap roles and repeat.

Much easier to do under controlled conditions.
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Is this endeavor class-specific? I have never even heard of this one and I have over 70 endeavor points. :/
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I think they've added in a few more to offset the "do tfo x" ones. This one is something of an oddity because it almost seems like they want to promote teamwork over the usual mindless pewpew.

Don't attempt this one on console though, the targetting control system is just not suited to it at all.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It really fouled me up in CCA. No problem in SB1 Advanced.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Is this endeavor class-specific? I have never even heard of this one and I have over 70 endeavor points. :/

No its not. Its a universal.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    thank dog for that...because since it's universal, it can be safely ignored​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    This took me a lot longer to do. Hazard Emitters and Protomatter console didn't get the job done. People had the irritating habit of healing themselves when they were low on health - can you imagine being so selfish?

I finally realized that from a distance I could send the little VanJem wingmen to heal people.
  • Options
    Aux to Structural Integrity works as does Engineering Team.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    the enemies need to be damaged, so only real healing count. and you need to heal another player not yourself ;)
  • Options
    tomquantumtomquantum Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I had to run Crystaline a couple times to get it done. First run none of my teammates felt like getting beat up. Second one I had a guy who enjoyed hanging out for the explosion. Completed no problem.
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    This isn't working for me. I've gone through at least 4 TFOs needing 784 points. Actually I've been at this for hours being stuck at 11k and now 59k. Don't know what's wrong, but the brick wall is telling my head to stop trying. Hope you all had/have better luck.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Completed it in CCA and ISA, healing other players. Engineering Team and Hazard Emitters were what I used.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    baldrick8baldrick8 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Did it yesterday with a fleet mate in one of the New Rom patrols, taking turns. One's the victim, the other one heals.

While it was definitely a weird thing to do ("Come on, you TRIBBLE, hit me! Damage me! Please!"), we got it done in 10 minutes.
  • Options
    ulysses359#8595 ulysses359 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Wasn't too hard. Played as FED/Tec flying the Gagarin Cruiser and used the Miracle Worke Ability: Torpedoes: Nanite Repair Payload. Played three TFO's, cruising around and shooting healing torpedos on damaged team mates.
  • Options
    Had 14k left to do last night, got it done in SB1 Advanced. There were two Galors/Keldons on the Team that seemed to have Shields down a bit of the time. Used Aux to Structural Integrity III, Engineering Team I, and Hazard Emitters II.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Wasn't too hard. Played as FED/Tec flying the Gagarin Cruiser and used the Miracle Worke Ability: Torpedoes: Nanite Repair Payload. Played three TFO's, cruising around and shooting healing torpedos on damaged team mates.

Never tried the nanite repair payload. Might be interesting.
    @baddmoonrizin
    Can you move this to the academy? The universal endeavor is past, but some of the suggestions here may beuseful for others.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    /Moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch