test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No crimson red Disco Torp on the Connie?

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
Rather disappointed by the lack of bridge on the new Dsico Connie, but more then that, there is not red torpedo like what was used on the show. The torp they fired was a crimson red and looked great. So where is it Cryptic? Add it to the dili store like you did the phasers!
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, you could use the Antiproton energy torpedo - that is a dead-set visual match but, obviously, doesn't really synergise with a phaser-focused build.

I watched that last battle a few times, I couldn't for the life of me tell when Discoprise fired torpedoes.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Well, you could use the Antiproton energy torpedo - that is a dead-set visual match but, obviously, doesn't really synergise with a phaser-focused build.

I watched that last battle a few times, I couldn't for the life of me tell when Discoprise fired torpedoes.

They fire it when they try to destroy the Discovery. its in the first part of the finale
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    It's possible that they hadn't seen the finale when the ship was made and there wasn't time to make special torps for the connie before launch, IIRC it used standard DSC era torps as default aka same torps every other DSC era fed ship uses.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User

Yeah, like rickvic said, its in the previous episode when they try to destroy the Discovery. But interestingly enough, you can hear the torps being fired in the finale, animators must have forgotten to add them in though. xD
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    You could always get the Crystalline Energy Torpedo Launcher which is red because it's antiproton based.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    there's also the agony phaser energy torpedo - that SHOULD be red since agony weapons usually are

of course, if you missed the mirror hell where they introduced it, you're SOL until they add it to phoenix, if they haven't already

or just wait until they add a red discotorp - if it existed on the show, i'll make its way ingame soon​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Uhh, that's actually orange like phasers not red.
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User

What's funny is that the Torpedo sound effects continue through that battle even when there are no visuals on the screen. Same for the phasers in some instances.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited June 2019
    While I haven't seen the full episodes (just clips on YouTube right now as I don't have All Access) I do know there is a LOT of chaos going on in that battle. It could be animation errors due to the sheer scope of the battle, or we're not focused on the ships actually firing said weapons.

In the meantime... there is the Discovery torpedo from one of the Discovery missions or the Fleet TOS Torpedos from K-13. May be blue, but at least they are era appropriate.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »

Yeah, like rickvic said, its in the previous episode when they try to destroy the Discovery. But interestingly enough, you can hear the torps being fired in the finale, animators must have forgotten to add them in though. xD

So they pulled the "We kind of forgot they fired torpedoes" :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Like shadowfang suggested, if you have access to it, the Agony Phaser torpedo is red.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited June 2019
    lexusk19 wrote: »

So they pulled the "We kind of forgot they fired torpedoes" :D

H5EmIOs.jpg

But honestly, we need more red photon torpedos. the normal ones look kind of meh. i would love to see the tmp,tng, ds9 and nemisis ones

Torpedo is here at 0:22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qb2hSrh3Q8
    I think the standard Photons are supposed to be like TNG photons.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    It's possible that they hadn't seen the finale when the ship was made and there wasn't time to make special torps for the connie before launch, IIRC it used standard DSC era torps as default aka same torps every other DSC era fed ship uses.

What the Devs can't tint an existing Discovery Torpedo Launcher red without weeks of preperation? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User

What the Devs can't tint an existing Discovery Torpedo Launcher red without weeks of preperation? ;)
    Well if I'm correct about the DSC Connie having the same torp as other DSC era ships, to "tint the torp red" they'd have to create the art of it (this would be the easy part as it seems like simple recolor in the vid), create a new item ID to hook that art to and make sure that new ID doesn't break any pre-exisiting items. Some might not mind if all pre-existing DSC era torp launcher started firing only red torps but others would mind (starting with fact that it's one best ways to get reasonbly close "TOS accurate" torp relatively cheap).

We should also remember that Cryptic isn't working on just 1 ship at any given time and those other projects might more important for Cryptic.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User

Well if I'm correct about the DSC Connie having the same torp as other DSC era ships, to "tint the torp red" they'd have to create the art of it (this would be the easy part as it seems like simple recolor in the vid), create a new item ID to hook that art to and make sure that new ID doesn't break any pre-exisiting items. Some might not mind if all pre-existing DSC era torp launcher started firing only red torps but others would mind (starting with fact that it's one best ways to get reasonbly close "TOS accurate" torp relatively cheap).

We should also remember that Cryptic isn't working on just 1 ship at any given time and those other projects might more important for Cryptic.

You're right, I mean hey - they didn't make ALL NEW SHIP'S PHASERS as special items for the Disc Connie...oh, wait... ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Surprised, that it has 6 VR Advanced Phasers and two Common Advanced Torps.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Surprised, that it has 6 VR Advanced Phasers and two Common Advanced Torps.

Its not the first time. You get 4 VR Spiral Wave Disruptors with the T5 Galor. Maybe even with the T6 Keldon.
    There is a bug, if you get the free four weapons with the Keldon first you won't get them from the Galor.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > ltminns wrote: »
    >
    > Surprised, that it has 6 VR Advanced Phasers and two Common Advanced Torps.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Its not the first time. You get 4 VR Spiral Wave Disruptors with the T5 Galor. Maybe even with the T6 Keldon.

Yes, you do. However that was four of eight (not a Borg :)). This was six of eight. In the Dilitium Store all it seems to unlock is the purchase of additional Advanced Phaser Arrays (one item selection) and at the Fleet Dilitium Discount price of ~35k. Normal ship weapon prices with the discount run in the vacinity of 26k. So not much of a selection and at a 33% or so premium.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Judging by the look of the red torpedo in the trailer they just should have create a red version of the kelvin one. boom tada
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    At least on Tribble the default equipment of the Disconnie came with 2 common white launchers that shoot red torpedoes. However, they are not upgradeable (they seem to be auto-leveling, but without an infinity symbol). This was also mentioned on the Stream recently. If you have configured your game to automatically transfer equipment when changing ships, there is a good chance it ended in your inventory. Hope you didn't delete them, treating them as the usual junk starter gear aboard ships.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    The Default torpedoes are Red from the show but can't upgrade them like the phasers
    GwaoHAD.png
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    And the Terran Rep torpedo, is not red??
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    Yes, i won a Disco Conny, they have red photons and the look great. You can even use them on a sovereign to make it look like nemesis. only the sound is a little bit weak.

Please Please, make this weapon in an upgradble version
    D7 Torpedo is also red. at the moment i would say they are the best looking red torpedos in the game. please, we need one version with the TNG sound effects with this graphic
    why? TNG photons were orange, not red​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    The ones in nemesis were red
    edited June 2019
    they were not; they were also orange...and shaped like missiles, for some reason

EDIT: okay, i watched a clip of their firing, and technically they're reddish-orange...but they still look to have more orange than red to me​​

#LegalizeAwoo

I think sometimes the look red, sometimes more orange. i just want the new torpedo with a more badass sound instead of the disco "pffft"
This discussion has been closed.