test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deep Discounts in the Weekend Event Store!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Starting this week on PC, and in August on Console, all items in the Weekend Event Store will cost only a single token!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11180023

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    So no more Weekend Events going forward, is everything going to be 14-Day? You know you could have done something similar with the old 14-Day and First Contact Day 'Tokens' instead of summarily deleting them.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Are you going to run weekend events for those people who still need stuff in there and doesnt have any weekend event tokens? if not what good is what your doing for those who dont store tokens? As noted in the interview there will be no weekend event for those of us who do not have extra and were not able to obtain certain items *namely sompek shield due to the event mess up the first day* but i guess that was alot to ask for. I was unable to get the sompek shield cause the first day of the event messed up and i was unable to get my token. I for one can only stand running events for exactly what they run for 3 days 14 days whatever. I do not have the ambition to run extra to store extra tokens, the events are draining and tedious for me and cause me stress but oh well soo much for recovery of those things that i couldnt get the first time. Putting things in phoenix boxes also now makes them useless. Things in the phoenix boxes that were account unlocks in events are typically not account unlocks in the phoenix boxes making all those items useless and they will be passed over and left alone. I for one will not waste 3m in dil or even 1m in dil on items that are not account unlocks that use to be when they were in an event.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    After the store gets switched to phoenix packs. Where do you get your unlocked rewards for newly created characters?
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • elvnswordselvnswords Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Starting this week on PC, and in August on Console, all items in the Weekend Event Store will cost only a single token!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11180023

So, wait a mo'
    Is there going to be any way to EARN those tokens for this, or are those of us who didn't get the tokens in the first place just screwed out of it. I still have several items I didn't manage to get the tokens up for. Could you let us the token we are currently getting from the Crystalline Entity Event to cash for those items?
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    The items will still be reclaimable. They may move to a different location, but you'll still be able to claim them on all of your characters.

Working on getting an answer to the account reclaimability of these items when they hit the Phoenix Store.
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    so if they are doing away with the weekend event store and moving all items to the phoenix store does that mean that the items in the phoenix boxes will becoming account unlocks now?
  • earthwizard18earthwizard18 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So basically everything will be character locked from now on? Good to know. Just saying, as a veteran player, lifetime subscriber, and someone who spends a good chunk yearly for Zen with multiple characters, and strives to complete as many events as possible; this is going to deter me in the future. If everything keeps turning to character locked stuff, I don't see any reason to keep investing.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    So basically everything will be character locked from now on? Good to know. Just saying, as a veteran player, lifetime subscriber, and someone who spends a good chunk yearly for Zen with multiple characters, and strives to complete as many events as possible; this is going to deter me in the future. If everything keeps turning to character locked stuff, I don't see any reason to keep investing.

Didn't you know? That's what they want, grind for the sake of grind. They don't want you to transfer or earn for all your toons, they want you to break your fingers on multiple toons for fake metrics.
    The existing unlocked Items will still be reclaimible. They will probably move them to the Event Reputation Store Account Unlock Tab.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited June 2019

I have no idea how you read that.
    That is not what any of this says.
    Weekend event store are account unlocks, 14 day TFOs are account unlocks.
    The only thing changing is that the weekend store, for acquiring new items, is going away.
    There is no replacement afaik, but the TFO events are still account-wide, so we aren't moving to character unlocks. It's only character unlock if you missed the introduction event for that item, which is what the Phoenix box is for.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Yeah, that's what i was thinking, more carácter bound!.. i have 27 chars.. sooo, what happened with "The Account is the player"?, i'm all in for simplify the tokens, and to unify stores, but we are getting back to character locked ítems...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    No you're not. Read what was said and what I said above.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    phoenix841 wrote: »

The only thing changing is that the weekend store, for acquiring new items, is going away.
    There is no replacement afaik, but the TFO events are still account-wide, so we aren't moving to character unlocks. It's only character unlock if you missed the introduction event for that item, which is what the Phoenix box is for.

Nothing in the Pheonix Box is an account unlock. Yes, I will be able to claim what I already have, but what about the stuff I don't yet? Ideally if stuff was an account unlock in the pheonix boxes like it should be for some items, (i.e. past event starships) due to the rarity of high level tokens, it would be a different story. We will see, but unless something changes, I imagine future weekend event purchases will be a character unlock if you don't already have them.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The existing unlocked Items will still be reclaimible. They will probably move them to the Event Reputation Store Account Unlock Tab.

Yeah, for the ones we have… but one of the reasons that i liked playing the Weekend Events is that they where account, not character...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    edited June 2019

Nothing in the Pheonix Box is an account unlock. Yes, I will be able to claim what I already have, but what about the stuff I don't yet? Ideally if stuff was an account unlock in the pheonix boxes like it should be for some items, (i.e. past event starships) due to the rarity of high level tokens, it would be a different story. We will see, but unless something changes, I imagine future weekend event purchases will be a character unlock if you don't already have them.

The Phoenix box isn't new, it's been around for ages. It contains items that are now character unlocks for previously account unlocks for those that got it originally. Before the Phoenix box existed everything was character unlock, even for the original event, and if you missed it, you lost it forever. Now it only is if you missed the original account unlock event.

Lesson here is, don't miss the original event, and you'll never need the Phoenix box. This is true going forward (unless Cryptic changes things again).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I think people are missing something here.
    Any Account/Character unlocks we already have will remain. The location will most likely change. AmbassadorKael is looking into where they will go.
    This is concerning gear that hasn't been aquired yet. So for example if you haven't unlocked the Sompek Lightning Kit Module.

From what I'm reading here... this is not how "future events" will distribute gear. It is only going to be for older gear.
    And as for future weekend events...
    blog wrote:
    After this date, we will no longer be running Weekend Events, so these tokens will no longer be given out – so make sure you buy the things you really want!
    They're gonna try something new after this.

I have a feeling all of the gear we have in the reclaim section of the Dilithium Store that is event related will be moved into the Event Rep store. It is a little annoying trying to remember which store event items are in.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I'm sorry but does anyone Dev realize the irrational idea of what they did last week was bizarre:

All existing tokens used in the aforementioned projects will be automatically removed from players’ inventories, as they will no longer have a purpose going forward. >>>meaning arbitrarily deleted.

Why now rewarding for unused Weekend Event tokens? Don't get me wrong and I'm very happy with the rewards but why not doing the same with whats deleted last week? There was a lot of concern and outcry when arbitrarily those tokens were deleted and is this the reason why the change? to calm down those concerns? a bit illogical IMO.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
    That's what I said last week. The Account Unlock Tab in the Event Reputation Store is the logical place for all Event Account Unlocked Items regardless.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • asadir#3274 asadir Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Amazing...you keep making one bad decision after another. I know the goal is to make multiple characters unviable , becacuse you think than people will reach more into their pockets , but you dont have many clients left , and this decisions are pushing away what client base you have left. It's not a great game , it was an ok game to begin with , and only fans of the Star Trek franchise give this game a chance.And you keep pushing away those people who gave this game a chance. You are not going to get new customers. You may try to get new customers with this Disco stuff , but these people give it a try for a week or two and leave.The old players are the one you should be concerned , and you push them away with your decisions.Amazing...

The Phoenix box isn't new, it's been around for ages. It contains items that are now character unlocks for previously account unlocks for those that got it originally. Before the Phoenix box existed everything was character unlock, even for the original event, and if you missed it, you lost it forever. Now it only is if you missed the original account unlock event.

Lesson here is, don't miss the original event, and you'll never need the Phoenix box. This is true going forward (unless Cryptic changes things again).

I understand that. In the past 7 years, I have only missed one event due to work. Pheonix boxes are only for upgrades. Those items in it were limited time events. This is a re-occurring event that is now disappearing with out any real notice or event to be able to finish it out-as of yet. I pretty much own anything I wanted that is available in the pheonix boxes minus 1 ship. Will I try to reach that goal of hitting the ridiculous odds on an epic token? No. I have bought thousands of Pheonix Boxes since they were introduced, I have hit one ultra rare token, and never an epic. Do I care, not really. As of my original post, my concern to Cryptic is; if everything keeps going to a character unlock, why should I keep throwing money at them? If things were an account unlock, I am much more happy to support them and my multiple characters. As for the TFO's all going the same; I completely agree with it.

• hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    Oh look, another bad decision obviously being made to pad the metrics. If they think we can't see these changes are a direct result of hiring Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson, they are wrong. I can't wait for the day that this metrics driven, money driven, not give a damn about his players EP is shown the door.

One bad decision after another.
    Chipping away at the heart and soul of the game one day at a time.

This change is no bueno.
    if everything keeps going to a character unlock, why should I keep throwing money at them?

Citation needed. What is going to character unlocks?
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    What exactly is the advantage for all the players who already have all the weekend event items?
    edited June 2019
    totenmet wrote: »
    What exactly is the advantage for all the players who already have all the weekend event items?

Nothing, this isn't for us. All it means is we no longer have to hold on to them.
    Just cash them in for the dilithium boxes.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    So its best to have just 1 main toon? Because account wide unlocks get reduced?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    What's with the conspiracy theories? What does all that have to do with changing how we get event rewards?
    Because I don't see how anything adds up to anything more than "I don't like change". Feels like whenever they decide to try something new, its the end of the world all of a sudden.

Literally the only thing changing right now is they are retiring the old Weekend Event system in favor of something new later on down the road. Any of our existing unlocks will still be available to us, and they're giving us a chance to cash in before the change. Other than that... what's the big deal? Where's all this "metrics" data and conspiracy theory about attacks on the game coming from? Do I need to adjust my tin foil hat to get the proper signals?

Unless you can back up bold claims with evidence... it is nothing more than conspiracy theories at best, and fearmongering at worst.

Lets just lay off the conspiracy theories and discuss the topic at hand, and not give the mods a hernia. AmbassadorKael is working to get more details for us. Give it time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    totenmet wrote: »
    So its best to have just 1 main toon? Because account wide unlocks get reduced?

@ambassadorkael#6946 Perhaps some clarification is needed. Many people seem to think account wide rewards are going away.
    I have no idea why, but perhaps it would be wise to address this new development.
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Is there any way to get tokens? I spent all of them (except one) before last maintance, because there was a rumour about deleting all tokens without compensation (same as 14-day tokens). I'm very disappointed now :(((
  • mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User

Didn't you know? That's what they want, grind for the sake of grind. They don't want you to transfer or earn for all your toons, they want you to break your fingers on multiple toons for fake metrics.

That makes no bloody sense. Years ago -- back at the start of this game -- this was the case, which Cryptic went the course of making it account locked with the option to reclaim on other accounts for the sake of time-reductions. And you're now saying that they're going to go back to character locked for the sake of grind?

I can see them wanting to cut out weekend events to eliminate a lot of decision making (and potential weekend issues as they don't work those days). But really to go forward only to go back? Links or this is just FUD speculation.

And don't use this link as proof. There is positively no mention of this being character locked.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    RNGesus... Reading really got nerfed.

Look, folks, there's an AMA tomorrow, how about y'all save the pitchforks and conspiracy theories til afterwards, ok?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.