test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What the hell is this?

tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
So before this now disaster of an update, I was able to see all the ships inside ESD. Now, I just get this. It doesn't load in properly and I can see the starry skybox. Whatever was done for the graphics looks like it needs to be rolled back! Also my game, as of yesterday, looked flawless and now, it looks like a janky mess. unknown.png
signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
[06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
[09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!

Comments

• Options
    Another screenshot from another character: unknown.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    And from Club 47 where you can, well could, see the gantries for the shipyards:

unknown.png
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
  • Options

Where should I send that to?
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
  • Options
    Also, I wasn't able to post this prior to something I had to do, but I also have really low poly models.

unknown.png
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Hello,

I am not experiencing any of the issues you've posted. The starships outside of ESD and so forth are displaying just fine for me, however I'm not at all happy with the new hair textures/coloring. But that's another topic.

But yeah, everything is working fine for me. I assume you have checked your graphical settings and tried to verify game files? Maybe you should consider a full re-install of the game.

I took some screenshots on ESD just now after you posted.

Here are my system specifications..
    Star Trek Online Patcher/Client downloaded and played through Steam. Lastest version, on demand patching: NO.

Dell XPS 8910
    Windows 10 Professional, 64 - Bit
    Version 1809 / OS version 17763.475

Intel Core i7-6700 3.40 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    250 GB SSD
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 - 8 GB VRAM (Driver version: 430.64)
    Resolution 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz
    Direct X version 12

fzVijft.png
    E74fWGZ.png
    VfQf3rP.png
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager

Where should I send that to?

If you can just upload it to any filesharing site, you can PM it to me here.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2019
    Also, I wasn't able to post this prior to something I had to do, but I also have really low poly models.

unknown.png

Don't want to step on your toes Kael, but I've seen this before, and I think I have an idea.

Can you check your settings in game and make sure your detail distances weren't changed to "Minimum".

Everything I'm seeing in your screenshots look like your settings got reverted to the BARE MINIMUM settings. Something that the client has been known to do in the past when it "believes" your system is below minumum specs.

It happened to me when they rolled out Lighting 2.0 for the first time, and it stands to reason that it could have happened again today when they made Lighting 2.0 the default for all systems.

[Edit]] I am able to reproduce what you are seeing by changing my "World Detail Distance" setting to Minimum, so I am pretty certain that is what might be happening here
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    primar13 wrote: »
    Don't want to step on your toes Kael, but I've seen this before, and I think I have an idea.

Can you check your settings in game and make sure your detail distances weren't changed to "Minimum".

Everything I'm seeing in your screenshots look like your settings got reverted to the BARE MINIMUM settings. Something that the client has been known to do in the past when it "believes" your system is below minumum specs.

It happened to me when they rolled out Lighting 2.0 for the first time, and it stands to reason that it could have happened again today when they made Lighting 2.0 the default for all systems.

[Edit]] I am able to reproduce what you are seeing by changing my "World Detail Distance" setting to Minimum, so I am pretty certain that is what might be happening here

So looking at my settings everything WAS INDEED set to Min. How the Client thought my Laptop(ACER[My Laptop is not a ASUS.] Nitro 5) was below minimum specs is beyond me.
    -sets everything to maximum-
    AND HOLY COW IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

unknown.png
    Post edited by tazurensavulen on
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    I
    primar13 wrote: »

So looking at my settings everything WAS INDEED set to Min. How the Client thought my Laptop(ASUS Nitro 5) was below minimum specs is beyond me.
    -sets everything to maximum-
    AND HOLY COW IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

unknown.png

It does it to me from time to time with a GTX 1080.
  • Options
    primar13, if this forum had something like Reddit silver/gold/platinum, I would give you one of those for your help. As the issue has been solved[Must check settings next time and max everything], this thread can be closed.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    How the Client thought my Laptop(ACER[My Laptop is not a ASUS.] Nitro 5) was below minimum specs is beyond me.

It probably just checked your graphics drivers, decided they were not the latest, and reset everything to minimum.

Game has been harassing me about my drivers for a long time now. Once a month it asks me if I want to reset everything when I go to login (I don't) and there is always a message at character select telling me to update.

I wish I could disable the damn thing. It's very annoying. I have zero issues running max everything on my machine. My hardware is old, but it was top of the line when I built it, and STO is old too, so no problems. Thing is, newer nvidia drivers just don't run as well on cards using the fermi architecture. So I use older drivers. Which have ZERO issues. Nevertheless once a month STO pops up an unhelpful; 'We see that your running old drivers, want to reset everything to potato?" at login.

I wish there was a command line I could add, or ini file I could edit to prevent STO from messing with my settings. I've looked for one, even thought I might have found a line I could edit in one of its configs, but it didn't work sadly.
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Hey! I suggested the video settings too! :(
  • Options
    Hey! I suggested the video settings too! :(

Sorry, I never actually saw that you had suggested that I check my in-game graphics settings.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!