test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

could we have the coupon apply to lobi ships too?

telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
Probably a long shot, but there are several t6 lobi store ships that im sure a lot of people would throw their free ship coupons at, given how hard it can be to accumulate 800-900 lobi crystals. This would be a good marketing decision for cryptic/pwe, as lobi ships are per character and arent cutting a potential zen purchase out of the game. Could maybe make any lobi store ships purchased with the coupon bind on pickup so they cant be traded/sold.

Personally ive been after the hurq mmsv for quite some time but cant seem to build up the lobi needed for it. Id definitely give up the chance at a t6 cstore ship to get that instead.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    It's a nice idea, but lock box key sales are a huge part of Cryptic's revenue. They make $200 on selling enough keys for that 800-900 lobi, vs. $30 for a T6 ship.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Its easier to program in discounts for the C-Store. Also... Lobi ships come in boxes that are not bound, so that could also cut into some money if people decide to get Lobi ships and sell them on the Exchange.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Its easier to program in discounts for the C-Store.

Pure speculation.
    Also... Lobi ships come in boxes that are not bound, so that could also cut into some money if people decide to get Lobi ships and sell them on the Exchange.

Fleet Ship Modules are usually unbound, but they have ones from rep that come bound. They have also done promotions with bound keys and other items, so it's perfectly possible to give a coupon that allows a Lobi Ship that comes bound.

That being the case though, I think the idea is highly unlikely, Lobi and Lock Box ships do seem to be the primary revenue stream for the game. I doubt that will risk cutting into it the way they did with the C-Store Coupon. I don't think it's out of the question.. but it doesn't seem likely.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    dannon#6463 dannon Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Great idea telbasta7386, in my opinion. I would have been far more interested in using the coupon for a lobi store ship in lieu of a c-store ship. As it stands, whenever I reach the 3000 mark, the t6 I get from the c-store will just be good as an admiralty ship, nothing more.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Not gonna happen. The coupons are strictly for the C-Store ships.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.