test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[SPOILERS] ST:DIS Season 2 Finale, concerning 'future options' ingame.

Comments

• Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > jrdobbsjr#3264 wrote: »
    >
    > They aren’t totally free of canon, they are basically dropping into Daniels’s lap. Wonder how he and his organization will handle this
    >
    >
    >
    > Daniels is from the year 3050, Discovery goes into the year 3187, 130+ years after Daniels.

Didn’t know that. It’s a pretty serious temporal event though, his agency should still be around and will have to manage it
  • Options
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    >
    > Didn’t know that. It’s a pretty serious temporal event though, his agency should still be around and will have to manage it
    >
    >
    >
    > Assuming the Federation didn't collapse in that timeframe.
    >
    > There is a lot of, admittedly baseless, speculation that Discovery Season 3 will basically be Star Trek: Andromeda. With the Federation having collapsed, and an "ancient" ship helping restore it.

TBH, The Federation shouldn’t have survived Season 1, much less gone on to the destiny it had in the now discarded Prime Timeline.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    mccoy was pushing like...160 or more by TNG, and that was during the 24th century where medicine wasn't anywhere NEAR as advanced as it would be in the 3100s

i guarantee daniels would still be alive in the 32nd century, assuming he wasn't killed...whether he would still be a temporal agent, that's another matter entirely​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    mccoy was pushing like...160 or more by TNG, and that was during the 24th century where medicine wasn't anywhere NEAR as advanced as it would be in the 3100s

i guarantee daniels would still be alive in the 32nd century, assuming he wasn't killed...whether he would still be a temporal agent, that's another matter entirely​​

Plus we don't know what point in the 31st Century he's from.
    yjIzVE9.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I'm surprised our resident expert didn't chime in to correct the 160 to 137.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    cryptic has access to the CGI models, i imagine - doesn't matter if WE got a good look at them or not​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    The Section 31 ships seem to hit both Vengeance and Intel ship aesthetics, I think. Might be interesting.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    > @reyan01 said:
    > Can't help but wonder if a few more of those Section 31 ships we saw might find their way in-game, although I guess we didn't get a really good look at them, so who knows?
    >
    > Have to say, though, that from what we saw I couldn't help but wonder if they didn't take a few design ques (for one of the larger S31 ships) from STO's Eclipse class.....

If they’d only used that massive fleet to fight the Klingons half as hard as they did Mikey Spock......the Federation might have won the war. Lol
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I'm still waiting on redesigned Discovery era Andorians and Tellarites to be added to the Discovery character creator, before considering adding another toon to my roster. I already had humans and vulcans, so didn't need more of those options.
  • Options
    jesus...how much did they demilitarize after the khitomer accords if they had 7000 ships during the mid-23rd century, yet by wolf 359 the loss of 39 ships was considered a 'devastating blow'?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Those 7,000 ships included 6,500 Shuttles and Worker Bees. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    of course they did...because of what happened at wolf 359 with the cube, that was a wake-up call for the federation that they needed way, WAY more ships to protect against future incursions - which also happened to help with the dominion war as a happy consequence​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Those 7,000 ships included 6,500 Shuttles and Worker Bees. ;)

Sounds about right. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    except they can't have that many ships, because
    Although the outcome of the invasion could have been much worse, the result of the battle was nothing short of disaster. The loss of such a large number of starships left the Federation unprepared for any new sustained conflict. (TNG: "The Wounded")

in order for a loss of 39 ships to be considered 'large' the entire federation fleet would've had to have numbered around several hundred ships - certainly far less than a thousand, because if you have that many ships, losing 39 is no longer considered a 'large' loss​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Or the only ship in the Sector.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    except they can't have that many ships, because
    Although the outcome of the invasion could have been much worse, the result of the battle was nothing short of disaster. The loss of such a large number of starships left the Federation unprepared for any new sustained conflict. (TNG: "The Wounded")

in order for a loss of 39 ships to be considered 'large' the entire federation fleet would've had to have numbered around several hundred ships - certainly far less than a thousand, because if you have that many ships, losing 39 is no longer considered a 'large' loss​​

I think you really don't have a concept for what large means.

Imagine trying to distribute 30,000 ships across a 8,000 light year wide cube. If you divide the ships equally across the volume, they would be spaced about 250 light years apart, meaning a 60 day flight to the nearest ship at Warp 9. If you just cover the surface area, it's 46 light years (11 days at Warp 9 to your next neighbor).

Having to converge 40 ships all at one single point to fight just one enemy is a serious commitment of resources, since a large volume would be unprotected.
    And then you send those 40 ships, and 39 get destroyed. And the enemy ship is barely damaged. So a large volume of space is unprotected, and there is still an enemy there. Of course that is a serious loss, and of course it is a wake-up call.

That is a significant loss. If they had fought a Klingon or Romulan Armada instead of the Borg, the probably would have been able to destroy quite a few enemy ships, but they didn't accomplish anything against the Borg.

EDIT: MATH PROBLEMS. Its worse than I thought.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    I want Kelpiens now that they can fly space ships ...and i want the Oil race...would be cool running around ESD making the floors slippery...also want flying Pyramid ships to complete the Stargate experiences

Anywho Starfleet isn't really smart maybe that's why they say they aren't military to hide their incompetence , when they only have 1 ship every time something happens, or only have old ships defending Earth from the Borg where are the other Galaxy class ships ? Or keep the Enterprise away from the Klingon war?? umm what about the other 11 Constitution class ships? clearly from the end of season 2 the battle of the binary stars would have gone waaay different with the 12 Constitution class ships had been at the battle
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    you really, REALLY don't want a galaxy-class that isn't protected by plot armor anywhere near a borg ship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DptCYUDyLr4​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    >
    > If they’d only used that massive fleet to fight the Klingons half as hard as they did Mikey Spock......the Federation might have won the war. Lol
    >
    >
    >
    > Massive fleet? what?
    >
    > Section 31 had around 30 ships. The Federation, post Klingon War where they lost 1/3 of the fleet, had 7,000 ships.
    >
    > Section 31's "fleet" was a drop in the bucket compared to the Federation's full forces, and the Klingons had just as many ships as the Federation did.

Just a number the writers pulled out of their butts.......how many of them were combat capable vessels? Prolly half or less. Any modern military has a long logistical tail to support the combat forces. At the point The war ended, the Klingons were operating unopposed in the Sol System itself and overran Starbase 1 in mere hours and the only solution Starfleet Command had was hiring Space Heydrich to burn Q’onos.....something so hypocritical even Mikey Spock understood it was wrong once she figured it out and refused to do it.
This discussion has been closed.