> @where2r1 said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > I don't need help in Kobalistan.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Don't you want to help other people, though?

I'll help if I'm there when they are, I don't team in BZs though, so I may head off somewhere else at any moment.

This is me. I'll help if I'm there, or if someone is asking for help. But, in general for this, I'm there to defeat vaaduar, so once I'm done with that I leave.

If the rewards for doing the bz were better, I'd like spend more time there. It's a good bz, but as is, just not worth the hassle to do reward wise.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Except the last two Missions where you can pick up two Delta and Iconian Elite Marks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • val#9932 val Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Love Ground. The only problem I have is with the heal Hitpoints on Ground. I really have to let my Shields fail to get damage to Hitpoints to actually heal.

I just take off shields and armour then go and stand in the Nimbus desert.

And then the worms come

https://youtu.be/B8-eiBqri0U
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    val#9932 wrote: »
    Love Ground. The only problem I have is with the heal Hitpoints on Ground. I really have to let my Shields fail to get damage to Hitpoints to actually heal.

I just take off shields and armour then go and stand in the Nimbus desert.

I just go to Dyson ground with Rally Cry, a Sci Boff with healing abilities and a Engi with Medical Generator. Engi Shield gen works great for the shield healing(ground) as well.

Though I can't I've been getting to many ground ones. Right now my personal endeavors think it's best I go exterminate all the Tzenkethi in Gon'cra. I've gotten Defeat Tzenkethi Ships three days in a row.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User

I usually have the opposite problem. I often get killed with 75% shields left due to bleed-through damage. It hits my engineer captains hardest, since their only health heal option is the medical generator. (And if the enemy triggers an AoE you have to run from your only source of health regen.)
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!

I usually have the opposite problem. I often get killed with 75% shields left due to bleed-through damage. It hits my engineer captains hardest, since their only health heal option is the medical generator. (And if the enemy triggers an AoE you have to run from your only source of health regen.)

Sci Boff with Medical tricorder and nanite health monitor.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • aeieaeie Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    While i don't mind some of the ground endeavors, i do get tired of them being the majority of what i get. Using a token to pass on them just results in a different ground for me, never had one become space, but i have had the opposite occur. While STO is supposed to be a mix of both, would be nice if the RNG would actually be a bit more fair with the different types instead of one being more prominent then the other.

Last 4 days have been 2 ground & 1 space. I grant its rng, and it is likely i'm just not getting a mix of them like others or whats normally seen. It happens.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @kjwashington said:
    > ltminns wrote: »
    >
    > Love Ground. The only problem I have is with the heal Hitpoints on Ground. I really have to let my Shields fail to get damage to Hitpoints to actually heal.
    >
    > I usually have the opposite problem. I often get killed with 75% shields left due to bleed-through damage. It hits my engineer captains hardest, since their only health heal option is the medical generator. (And if the enemy triggers an AoE you have to run from your only source of health regen.)

Other ground heal options available to Engineer captains. Hypos, the Pahvo crystal, the Omega Rep active power, the Undine Rep active power, there are more.
    One of the Lukari kit modules at the Fleet colony is great. It's a TEAM heal that works on your Boffs and other players even if they're not in the same room.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Back to the topic: I think it is common knowledge that most players prefer space over ground, and by a wide margin. As I said, common knowledge, whether it is actually true, I don't know. Generally it is for me, but as has been correctly stated, there is a reason we space barbie our captains, and I want to see it. Only problem is: I suck at ground. Okay, people who saw me fly will mention that I suck at space, too, but believe me, ground is worse.

That being said, between random TFOs and endeavours, I am playing more ground right now (never did a ground TFO before ViL I think, may be wrong though) and I am kind of enjoying it as a change of pace. More variety is nice.

As for endeavours: I usually have things I want to do and then no more play time, so I tend to ignore them. Sometimes they coincide, just today I finished two without even knowing what they were (though most certainly ground). If I indeed do have the time, I will decide whether I actually want to play towards them. If yes, great. If they include something I wanted/needed to do soon anyway, great, too. If not, I'll just do anything I want. I may be behind on endeavour level for that, but so be it.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I'm fine with ground fun. Oddly enough, ground combat takes me back to the late 70/early 80s, playing with Star Wars and GI Joe figures. Or running around the woods around that era with friends.

So yeah, ground combat takes me to a nostalgic happy place, so ground combat good.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    As a science main, Pahvo is a bit different from what most of us are used to as healers. I normally slot the healing grenade from Miracle Worker and it's aoe good-ness help call it a day, Pahvo is a bit different with people spreading out more, so adapting is taking longer. Heck, personally I took it as an opportunity to redo most of my traits and gear. I'm thinking if you're trying to heal for it, an aoe and a target-able one are the way to go.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    For ground healing I noticed that the Miner Incursion Elite is one the best since normally regardless of class I'm not getting enough HP damage but just by playing semi-normally I got more then enough damage to get the ground healing (since those TOS era RSE mobs are OP as hell).
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    Back to the topic: I think it is common knowledge that most players prefer space over ground, and by a wide margin. As I said, common knowledge, whether it is actually true, I don't know.
    I would say the belief that "most players" prefer space over ground is likely far more common than the actual preference of space over ground. The true preference is more likely to be for fast, easy content in general (assuming equal reward), which in the queues just tends to be space by coincidence.

Though there is a minor objective incentive for preferring space over ground. Space content can reward ship XP while no equivalent exclusive mechanic exists for ground.
    Right now, I won't complain about the endeavors. Since my perks are showing me some love.

MUU9ozY.jpg?1
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Sorry OP but 99% of all the Series happens on the ground or on a station. If anything there is not enough good ground missions. If you don't like Ground don't do them simple as that.
  • jozen#9312 jozen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Sorry OP but 99% of all the Series happens on the ground or on a station. If anything there is not enough good ground missions. If you don't like Ground don't do them simple as that.

Would it really be so much to ask to have the mission type selector affect the random button?

I don't mind ground missions, but some of them seem to take way too long, and there's just not enough reward to feel it well-spent. I actually prefer the battle zones to any of the ground TFOs.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    jozen#9312 wrote: »
    Would it really be so much to ask to have the mission type selector affect the random button?

I don't mind ground missions, but some of them seem to take way too long, and there's just not enough reward to feel it well-spent. I actually prefer the battle zones to any of the ground TFOs.

Well, I think the idea is: Points for completing the Endeavor is the additional reward.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    Right now, I won't complain about the endeavors. Since my perks are showing me some love.

MUU9ozY.jpg?1

4 x Crit Chance Space hu? GZ! B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I have no problem with ground endeavours. You can't always conduct missions from the seat of your bridge. It often takes an away team beaming down to get the job done.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I've got no issue with the ground tasks. Often you can complete 2 or even 3 in one go so that just means a single stop at Nimbus III or maybe a BZ.
    SulMatuul.png
    I got 'Complete Iconian TFOs' yesterday. Queued for 'Herald Sphere' and 'Bughunt'. No takers. So I used the reroll for the first time. Had 10. Got 'Defeat Terran Ground' for Medium and 'Polaron Damage Ground' for Hard.

Perfect. I had to run the Pahvo TFO anyway. Easy to finish the Medium and just a bit left for Hard. Went to Kobali for the Elite Mark runs and done.

I used six of the ten re-rolls. I was getting the re-rolls mostly from the Easy Endeavors. I did get one 250 Mark Choice Box from a Hard the other day and a few 1/4 Spec Points and 50 Mark Choice Boxes overall, but mostly EC, and R&D Materials and some Dilitium.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited February 2019
    LOL! I got lucky with the Ferengi last night....first time I finished all three Endeavors and the Universal. Universal was no big deal....Quark's for Dabo.

Ferengi had to finish Illusion of Communication. Medium was kill 60 Terrans, got to 34 by doing the ground portion of that mission. I warped out and did that segment, again. Easy was scan ground node for mats, there are three next to the shuttle in that map.
    Along with a supply box that rewards a Purple Sniper Rifle.

(Btw, ranged weapons work better when up against Tilly's elite forces....not throwing knives and energy whips. But it was fun the rest of the way. LOL!).

By the time I was done with the space portion, I was up to 75,000 out of 150,000 plasma damage. Which was the Hard Endeavor. I had to look at what the heck I was using that gives plasma damage on the D'kora. ??? It was: one Particle Emission Plasma torpedo. I finished that up in a Foundry mission called Battle Royale....only using that PEP torp.

Makes me wonder if the ground Endeavors are harder??? Or the space ones too easy? That PEP torp is not upgraded at all but finished the hard space Endeavor by itself.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    BTW, a Foundry author created missions full of specific ground enemies for use to complete Endeavors. If you look, you may find ones for space...Or maybe they are working on it. I am not sure.

It is a great time saver for casual players in a crunch.

I got that Dabo in Quarks for the Universal the other day. Unfortunately, the Universal showed up on a reset a couple of hours after I completed the Hard Endeavor, win 3,000 GPL at Dabo!!

I was lucky with that 3,000. After a bunch of 10s and 15s, I got two 1,000s in a row.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    BTW, a Foundry author created missions full of specific ground enemies for use to complete Endeavors. If you look, you may find ones for space...Or maybe they are working on it. I am not sure.

It is a great time saver for casual players in a crunch.
    At least until someone blabs about it to Cryptic and they "fix" it. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.