Options

To Many Ground Endeavors/Trek Happiness in Jeopardy

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    edited February 2019
    mefit1 wrote: »
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Without Ground, all those hours spent in the Tailor are for naught. :smirk:

Would be nice if the tailor bug that goes back to around 2009 was fixed or responded to ... :o

Would also be nice if you could turn off target mod while not in combat so you can look at your character outside of the character menu .

Maybe even take pictures with your fleet members and selfies

No idea what you mean by not being able to turn off target mode so you can take pictures. This is the first I'm hearing of anyone having a problem turning it off.

> @rattler2 said:
    > Tailor Bug from 09?

After the 2-3rd Boff , when you use tailor and select a piece of a uniform to color , instead of just that piece , multiple pieces will color .

Like my new rare Science Gorn (that I bought off of exchange as a Very Rare) , I went to change the color of the chest piece and it changed the color of Chest , Back , Left and Right Hip pieces at the same time .
    (It’s not always the same pieces . )
    I spend a lot of time with Tailor as character customization is important to me .

It’s been happening since I started playing in 2009-10 I can’t remember .

From what I understand, this is a holdover of costume color linking from Champions. You can break the link by hitting the "Random" button, and then go from there. But none of this has anything to do with the OP, so let's move on.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    If nimbus is too far to fly manually, go to mission replays, select a nimbus one and transwarp over FOR FREE.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I have had it happen just to certain Boffs with certain outfits. While I may be placing a particular outfit on a number of Boffs on a Character and make them all the same, this problem shows up on just one Boff.

It manifests itself with a top and bottom, where there may be four part color settings on the top and three on the bottom. Changing one of the settings on one piece would change the other settings on that piece to that color and alter the settings on the other piece as well. That Boff's outfit cannot match the other Boffs even of the same race. The others did not experience the alterations.

As I said it rare and it will happen on one outfit on one Boff. The color palettes were the same between the Boffs, pieces, and settings.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »
    Love Ground. The only problem I have is with the heal Hitpoints on Ground. I really have to let my Shields fail to get damage to Hitpoints to actually heal.

Could always unequip your shield.
    I had to do that last time... and my armor. Then tell my boffs to stand in the corner. After all that I took enough damage to heal. Ok, it was a level 65 character on Nimbus, but hey...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Would also be nice if you could turn off target mod while not in combat so you can look at your character outside of the character menu. Maybe even take pictures with your fleet members and selfies
    Press B to toggle out of shooter mode. Once in RPG mode you can view yourself and the world around you from any angle and at a greater distance. The field of view is great.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    If nimbus is too far to fly manually, go to mission replays, select a nimbus one and transwarp over FOR FREE.

Wow! Someone took me seriously.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    szim wrote: »
    I like the mix of ground and space endeavors.

Me too.

If I compare the new progression system with any reputation or with the spec point grind I think it is the best one we got so far. :)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I think the main take away is: this game has variety and flexibility. Solo and team, ground and space, clicky or video game.

Let's add: content from Devs or from other players via Foundry...because that is available, too.

You can pick and choose whatever you feel like doing on any particular day, and can find time for, if you can find time for it. And at any level, now.

And the Devs are working on ways around various "blocks" preventing players from the "things to do" things. Either by making it easier to access (crafting from UI, rTFOs), or shortening the pain (sponsorship for Rep, Jem'hadars, Admirality vice DOFFing).

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    That's still way, way too much hassle for 400 points.

Universals are very worthless, only to be done on the side of something actually rewarding. I could maybe just barely justify to myself detouring into the city for the dance, if I was on Nimbus for a kill endo already.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    That's still way, way too much hassle for 400 points.

Universals are very worthless, only to be done on the side of something actually rewarding. I could maybe just barely justify to myself detouring into the city for the dance, if I was on Nimbus for a kill endo already.

I normally look at the Universal and decide if I'm going to pursue it. Normally I don't, this time though. I had Nimbus Dance, Kill Gorn on Nimbus, and Deal Plasma Damage(Ground). Threefold completion. Basically, if the Universal doesn't really coincide with an of my personals, I don't do it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    protoneous wrote: »
    Would also be nice if you could turn off target mod while not in combat so you can look at your character outside of the character menu. Maybe even take pictures with your fleet members and selfies
    Press B to toggle out of shooter mode. Once in RPG mode you can view yourself and the world around you from any angle and at a greater distance. The field of view is great.

You can also take a screenshot anywhere by using the chat commands.

/screenshot_jpg

and to have the UI show in it.

/screenshot_ui_jpg
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Half the reason for the endeavor system is to get players into things they wouldn't normally do. And for most, that means ground.
  • Options
    duasyn wrote: »
    Half the reason for the endeavor system is to get players into things they wouldn't normally do. And for most, that means ground.

Ground I don't mind. I can see what I'm doing there.

Space... this is all I see.

gPdHcQH.gif
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    duasyn wrote: »

gPdHcQH.gif
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DYje57V_BY
  • Options
    slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    > @trennan said:
    > duasyn wrote: »
    >
    > Half the reason for the endeavor system is to get players into things they wouldn't normally do. And for most, that means ground.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ground I don't mind. I can see what I'm doing there.
    >
    > Space... this is all I see.

Quite the opposite for me, however, the Procyon TFO can get pretty bad.
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I think the ground endeavors are great. I do prefer space (since the game's ground engine is.......dated?) in general, but the ground missions are forcing me to go places I haven't been in forever. Defeat Borg Ground specifically. I haven't been to the borg invasion zone for at least 4 years. So I forgot how to play it, and that made it a CHALLENGE again; thus, fun! Same for Defeat tholians ground (or captains, or whatever it was)....haven't hung out on Nukara in FOREVER. So A+ to getting players en masse to play some older maps. I think this goes well with the random TFO bonus.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I think the ground endeavors are great. I do prefer space (since the game's ground engine is.......dated?) in general, but the ground missions are forcing me to go places I haven't been in forever. Defeat Borg Ground specifically. I haven't been to the borg invasion zone for at least 4 years. So I forgot how to play it, and that made it a CHALLENGE again; thus, fun! Same for Defeat tholians ground (or captains, or whatever it was)....haven't hung out on Nukara in FOREVER. So A+ to getting players en masse to play some older maps. I think this goes well with the random TFO bonus.

Yep. I've never used the dance emotes before and my Discovery captain hadn't done Nimbus yet so I headed there for the dance contest and to do some Tetryon damage. I also did the Tholian one while finishing the New Romulus missions.

No one is forced to do every endeavor every day. If you feel like doing something you've always skipped or have avoided for years you can give in, if not you can wait a day and the endeavors will change.

• Options
    valoreah wrote: »

gPdHcQH.gif

Honestly that graphic is very close to what the space game really does look like - way, way, way, way too much visual spam...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOQqRwVDlTg

But that is a separate topic.

Space the final disco ball!

And true it is a bit off topic.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    A bit? :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited February 2019

::::::ACKKKK!!! I had to remove that blinking picture it is driving me insane::::::

THAT actually look like GROUND on Neverwinter...if you get in them with some of the upper level toons.
    Yup...can't even see the dragon you are supposed to be attacking.

• Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    I'm fine with the ground endeavors. Jurassic Park's still alright. Spider Smash and Zombie Protectors are easy to do, just not as fun. If more were still around for the Kobali zones progressing the optionals like when it was first released, it would be better. If they wanted more people doing the ground zones, they would increase rewards, xp or otherwise.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I don't need help in Kobalistan.

Don't you want to help other people, though?

This discussion has been closed.