Install Arc
Options

To Many Ground Endeavors/Trek Happiness in Jeopardy

124»

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Except, those types of missions have been in the Foundry forever....even before they got labeled "Endeavors". LOL!

Great for practice and testing different things on specific enemies.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,028 Community Moderator
    I have no problem with ground endeavours. You can't always conduct missions from the seat of your bridge. It often takes an away team beaming down to get the job done.

Not just that, there are boarding actions like the one against the Tzenkethi Battlestation that attacked Bajor. That's not done via Starship. That's getting "boots on the ground".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Except, those types of missions have been in the Foundry forever....even before they got labeled "Endeavors". LOL!

Yap, but different reward schemes may different attitudes by Cryptic. However, I doubt they'll do something about it, probably only a fraction of players use foundry in the first place, only a fraction of that for endeavours/accolades/whathaveyou (probably will account for a good percentage of actual plays), a similar foundry mission is probably popping up anyways, so much hassle, little to gain.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »

Yap, but different reward schemes may different attitudes by Cryptic. However, I doubt they'll do something about it, probably only a fraction of players use foundry in the first place, only a fraction of that for endeavours/accolades/whathaveyou (probably will account for a good percentage of actual plays), a similar foundry mission is probably popping up anyways, so much hassle, little to gain.
    I wouldn't bet on that. Cryptic puts high priority on "fixing" things that benefit players.

They were pretty efficient killing the Foundry daily when people invented "click a console in the academy" missions to get it. They were pretty efficient capping the amount of loot and XP you can get from Foundry when people invented "battleship farming" missions. They removed the ability to make hostile mobs passive when people were making missions to farm enemies that wouldn't fight back. It's plenty clear they don't want the Foundry to be a mechanism to grind easy rewards with.

They've ignored the accolade missions because accolades don't do anything, but I would totally expect them to do something about people grinding endos with them sooner or later.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

I wouldn't bet on that. Cryptic puts high priority on "fixing" things that benefit players.

They were pretty efficient killing the Foundry daily when people invented "click a console in the academy" missions to get it. They were pretty efficient capping the amount of loot and XP you can get from Foundry when people invented "battleship farming" missions. They removed the ability to make hostile mobs passive when people were making missions to farm enemies that wouldn't fight back. It's plenty clear they don't want the Foundry to be a mechanism to grind easy rewards with.

They've ignored the accolade missions because accolades don't do anything, but I would totally expect them to do something about people grinding endos with them sooner or later.
    From a Foundry design standpoint, the "accolade" missions, as you put it, were left in even though they're actually quite effective as loot grinders. It's the "free" loot missions that had to die, not all the stuff that gives loot.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »

From a Foundry design standpoint, the "accolade" missions, as you put it, were left in even though they're actually quite effective as loot grinders. It's the "free" loot missions that had to die, not all the stuff that gives loot.
    No missions "had to die." They simply capped the amount of loot and XP you can get per day from ANY Foundry content.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    OP doesn't like ground. Idea would be to make it possible to use up two reroll tokens into an option for space or ground-only reroll, or dilithium or EC or rep marks. Such resource dumps are necessary, and that way everyone benefits.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    OP doesn't like ground. Idea would be to make it possible to use up two reroll tokens into an option for space or ground-only reroll, or dilithium or EC or rep marks. Such resource dumps are necessary, and that way everyone benefits.

So let people use X-amount of dilithium to reroll a task they didn't like into a guaranteed ground/space one? Interesting idea, and it might bring the exchange rates under control a bit i guess. It would be a pretty constant dilithium sink after all.

I honestly don't see it happening though, they are all optional and you can reroll already. If you don't like what you get, then i guess you just miss a day because it's not like anyone will suffer from lack of the buffs.

I personally am quite enjoying the excuse to visit some areas of the game I normally ignored. I now how reasons to visit them and often i'm reminded that i do enjoy them (like Defera, or the Voth ground BZ) so i actually find I stay longer than the task at hand.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,514 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

So let people use X-amount of dilithium to reroll a task they didn't like into a guaranteed ground/space one? Interesting idea, and it might bring the exchange rates under control a bit i guess. It would be a pretty constant dilithium sink after all.

I honestly don't see it happening though, they are all optional and you can reroll already. If you don't like what you get, then i guess you just miss a day because it's not like anyone will suffer from lack of the buffs.

I personally am quite enjoying the excuse to visit some areas of the game I normally ignored. I now how reasons to visit them and often i'm reminded that i do enjoy them (like Defera, or the Voth ground BZ) so i actually find I stay longer than the task at hand.

Yep, my Discovery captain went to Nimbus a few days ago when the dance endeavor came up, and stayed to do the episodes and get the Law doff.

I treat the personal endeavors just like the universal one: I do them if I feel like it, I skip them if I don't. Missing a day doesn't hurt me in any way.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I definitely agree that the Personal Endeavors are heavily weighted in favor of Ground.

In fact, I have had exactly 1 Space Endeavor this entire week (Plasma Damage in Space.) The last 3 days in a row all 3 of my Endeavors have been ground.

I don't really care, as I am fine doing Ground Endeavors.. they're easy to do and it's not a big deal.. but there are definitely more Ground then Space.

It would probably be a good revenue stream for them to sell Re-Roll tokens in the C-Store. I imagine most would just buy them with converted Dilithium, but that's fine too. It would either help normalize the Dilithium Exchange rate or would make them some extra cash.

It's a win either way.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    It would probably be a good revenue stream for them to sell Re-Roll tokens in the C-Store.
    Yes. Always good idea to cash in on people who want to avoid playing.

But again, I would pair that up with ability to reroll already completed endos, to also cash in on people who want to play more.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I definitely agree that the Personal Endeavors are heavily weighted in favor of Ground.

In fact, I have had exactly 1 Space Endeavor this entire week (Plasma Damage in Space.) The last 3 days in a row all 3 of my Endeavors have been ground.

I don't really care, as I am fine doing Ground Endeavors.. they're easy to do and it's not a big deal.. but there are definitely more Ground then Space.

It would probably be a good revenue stream for them to sell Re-Roll tokens in the C-Store. I imagine most would just buy them with converted Dilithium, but that's fine too. It would either help normalize the Dilithium Exchange rate or would make them some extra cash.

It's a win either way.
    I think mine have been a 50/50 split, but space endeavors, unless it's kill 60 ship, are typically easier. Doing 500k damage sounds like a lot, but it really isn't.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

It's a win either way.
    I think mine have been a 50/50 split, but space endeavors, unless it's kill 60 ship, are typically easier. Doing 500k damage sounds like a lot, but it really isn't.

Same, been a good split for me, as well.

Yesterday I got...

Universal - Defeat Ships in Gon'cra
    Green - Deal Tetryon Damage(Space)
    Yellow - Heal Shields(Space)
    Red - Defeat Undine Ships
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    I don't mind ground at all. I have weapons of all types and styles and my BOFFs nuke everything within a 10 feet ratio. they all have Mk XV Lobi weapons as well. so whenever there is a kill said species they make it fast.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,716 Community Moderator
    and this is just going in circles at this point /thread
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.