test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warp out sound

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,200 Arc User
edited October 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Is anyone else finding the warpout sound on normal ships (ie. not Discovery ships - odd that it won't let me use the abbreviation ST-) is not right? It makes a weird sound I can't quite describe.

(Also, the engines on my Pathfinder are twisted and broken, the textures muddy and spotty (she's using the Discovery class engines))

(Also also, the engines STILL don't go UP in sector space they way they're supposed to. They do during the warpout animation, but once IN sector space, they're down again)
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.

Comments

• Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Yeah it's a bug. For any non DSC ship on the Fed side, you get the engine power up sound for DSC, then standard warp out sound. Hopefully it gets fixed because it's damned annoying.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I think I get more audio for the Discovery warp out on my NON Discovery character than on my AoD character now.

I could have swore when I played her the first week when it was new, there was more visuals on the AoD, too.
    Playing with my AoD character this weekend, the ship just disappears with just a part of the warp out sound after the fact.

I hope they can get this all straightened out. Poor confused program.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Imho, the whole warp animation/sound-thing must be redone completely.
    Its been bugged for ages, and with quite a variety of bugged ones even.
    I wouldn't mind if it was all redone, so even pre-AoD ships gets the new, modern, version.
    It is quite cool, and that stupid square particle-box could be removed completely. its old, ugly and badly made of simple square pixles exploding outwards. That is something I made myself in basic on an old Amstrad CPC464 back in the '80's.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    What square particle box???? LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    Yeah it's a bug. For any non DSC ship on the Fed side, you get the engine power up sound for DSC, then standard warp out sound. Hopefully it gets fixed because it's damned annoying.

Federation? I get it on Klingon and Romulan ships, too.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »

Yep the Klingon ships in ST: D have the same warp in/out SFX, and since Romulans started using Klingon designs back in the TOS era... ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »

Yep the Klingon ships in ST: D have the same warp in/out SFX, and since Romulans started using Klingon designs back in the TOS era... ;)

Honestly I don't think there was ever any clear "racial" warp effects, the sound sfx evolved but they remained very similar regardless of race (when it played for non-hero ships to begin with, more often then not they just showed outside the camera's PoV without any effects).
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    fix soon please not a fan of the Discovery warp sounds
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.