test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My STO Keeps crashing.

It started after the last Windows update. And after getting through the AoD tutorial with one restart of a mission.

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: ASRock, Z77 Extreme4
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 8467333120 bytes total

On Sat 10/13/2018 3:03:34 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!IoClearAdapterCryptoEngineExtension+0xF77)
Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x99, 0x16ED9F, 0x2, 0x2000150001536A0)
Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Now in the last 24 hrs, I've reset my PC, I've checked my Drivers, I've checked my memory, I've used a clean Steam install & game install (the Arc Launcher kept crashing on download). So, any ideas why I keep getting crashes with STO?

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    No idea though I have a similar problem. On mine it recompiles the shaders for a while then crashes to desktop.
  • jamestikirkjamestikirk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The key is "This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!IoClearAdapterCryptoEngineExtension+0xF77)"
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    can you revert the update of oct for win 10?

<-not a technical person, a player, a newbie and not a win 10 user. people reported issues with this update though

P.S.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1243931/game-crash-while-loading-after-todays-windows-10-october-update
    May be of interest to you.

Also, if you have a razer/alienware lighting FX you may consider removing this. No responsibility.
  • garabaldegarabalde Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I have had repeated issues with this as well. Though I noticed it first day after discovery went live, it may have been in conjunction with windows update as well.
    I have noticed it most with fleet holdings. I have been able to access my fleet starbase only once since discovery launched, other fleet holdings not at all.
    This also prompts for a full file check on restart of the game, which I did a few times, but has not resolved the issue so I have started declining the check.

I have also noticed the same crash on launching the Tholian Red Alert now that it is live.

I have a home built PC running Core I7 processor, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, and NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.

(Included in case devs happen to look at this, and hardware config becomes relevant).
  • teserotdsateserotdsa Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    same problems
  • snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    @garabalde, your issue may be different from what the other players are posting here. When your game crashes, do you get a "missing map or crc mismatch" error message?

If so, try the steps in my post in the following thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1244067/age-of-discovery-won-t-launch
    Short summary: You need to turn ON "Force verify" AND turn OFF "On-demand patching".

Unfortunately, these steps will not help those of you with Windows-based crashes.
  • garabaldegarabalde Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Thank You snovern, that did work. Now just have to do the same thing on 2nd computer. Was having same issue on both.