test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I want more Borg content. I hope I'm not alone.

jatszompc#5609 jatszompc Member Posts: 42 Arc User
It would be nice to have a new, great-looking Borg story and Delta Quadrant's territorial and content expansion.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    After using it I did not find similar.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    if it is well written like assimiliated, then sure otherwise, Meh
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    At best the Borg have one hand out of the grave, clutching the ground to keep from going under. I don't think we'll see them for a long time if ever again.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The Borg are not the threat they used to be. Everyone knows how to fight them and the Borg don't innovate. They're stagnant unless they assimilate something totally new.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I would like to see the Borg returned to being a credible threat. But I would also like to see other story lines finished to, like the undine/voth/gamma etc a bunch of the stories just end without really doing much to wrap it up. And from what I played of Discovery what little there is, its trash. Discovery first episode is summed up by 'its classified its classified its classified its classified its classified its classified its classified its classified its classified its classified its classified mission complete'. It was basicly a commercial for CBS streaming, want to know whats going on?! Get out your credit card!

I found the voice acting to be horrible for those missions as well. Almost at random in some sentences the volume would spike up like the person was shouting but for no reason needed in the dialog. They clearly rushed those missions out ASAP before they were done, the fact that they plan to still be releasing discovery content all the way into May kinda says it all. I dont care if Discovery stuff gets added, but do with with the same care as what was given to the Gamma content at minimum.

Id like to see some real TMP era/Ent era stuff and I dont mean the temporal cold war. Release a set of Ent era/TMP skins for the temporal ships even. Ent era could focus on the Romulan war the creation of the neutral zone and TMP could focus on stuff around The Undiscovered Country the klingon war and the bitterness between the KDF/Feds leading to peace and healing the wounds of war. This could also allow for the Ent-B mission where kirk was lost, and a mission to the planet he died on near the nexus.

Now that Picard is coming back a full on TNG expansion wouldnt be bad either, tons of missions could be made from that era. A series of missions centered around the Ent-D.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    The only way I see Borg becoming a threat is only if they literally get their hands on some 29th century tech like that one Borg from Voyager that garaks linked, and even then who knows...the Terran Empire is supposed to be loaded with future tech and they were but a footnote.

There just isn't much out there right now that could make them a threat again unless Cryptic pulls something like they assimilated some unknown thing from unexplored space.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would not mind seeing more on the Borg, and honestly with them it is only a fact of them getting their hand on some new tech to become potentially a threat again. I mean them getting their hands on some Voth ships or even an Iconian ship, could give them alot of advancements in their tactics an technology via what they would gain an also the new types of Borg that would be born from such a assimilation. Though as much as I would want to see them come back, it would need to be less the form they have now as a inflated hp sponge, an more as something dynamic in how we fight them an react to their own attacks an abilities.

it would be nice to see them actually have some interesting mechanics that give them that feel they had in the shows, as right now they feel off compared to the Borg in the show an boring to fight. I have suggested before bringing back the idea of them regaining the ability to adapt to weapons an shield types they are attacked with, or by via assimilating some new more advanced technology, which if they assimilated some more advanced technology would be quite possible to have happen credibly story wise. Make it that we as players need to use our boff abilities to counter different mechanics they use, like adapting to our shield type thru using specific boff/captain abilities to reduce or reset the adapt stack, or thru the same method using different boff/captain abilities to work around a stacking buff they get against the energy type they are hit with the most/hardest, which would be just a basic concept of what they could do with it an still would be more interesting to fight against in my opinion.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I honestly don't think you're alone, but realistically, I just don't think Cryptic has the creative writing potential to bring them back in an interesting way. While, most people will just say "no" or "That's stupid", as most forum posts go, there are plenty of people here saying that they aren't as credible a threat anymore.

Voyager made a huge misstep with the borg and then just did their best to trample them into the dirt, once they realized the borg were still more popular than the enemies they were trying to pull over, using the borg. Given our current standing, i think the best way to bring in more borg content would be through the Cooperative. Either use the cooperative to fill that borg void, or really, bring the borg back in a much darker, more horror driven.

We've beaten the borg. Janeway beat the borg. Picard beat the borg. Archer did... something, and there were borg there.

But for the Borg, that was business as usual. But what happened when they realized humans were a threat? the queen herself went back in time to stop us. Where the stand now, it would be more interesting to see an erratic borg. A hive without the queen. Like a rabid, dying animal, the borg need to return desperate and frantically searching for something. I would even suggest, making it more of a Halloween event, where the defunct drones are more like a zombie invasion than usual. If they were to do a proper borg content drop, they would need a much smaller scale. Sto makes the same mistakes voyager does. Its tries to go too big each and every time. The better option would be to reel it in and make it more personal. You shouldn't be saving the universe from the Borg. You shouldn't be erradicating the borg once and for all... for the fifteenth time... But your ship has been taken, and some of your main boffs have been assimilated (story only, they just get grayed out and given generic borg voices), and they need to make it a mission on a much smaller playing field. Make it hit harder to home, and make it much darker than the usual STO additions. And i'm not talking that devidian mission on the station...

I would absolutely love to see more borg content, i just honestly don't think that Cryptic has what it takes to make it interesting, at the moment.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    The Borg will be the next full faction in the game.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    "The Borg will be the next full faction in the game." That would be great.

The borg is similar to Stargate's replicators. They're too strong so they can not stay long as enemy.
    But they are too badass to be gone forever.

• Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied.

By the way, when we are in the future in the Delta Quadrant, the Borg Collective and Coopoartive have no representative by the time pact. So... what happend with them.

• Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Thank you to everyone who replied.

By the way, when we are in the future in the Delta Quadrant, the Borg Collective and Coopoartive have no representative by the time pact. So... what happend with them.

It's classified...

The potential for the Borg is there, but without a new view of them on screen, (film or television,) I doubt we'll see them in anything but existing content.

Now if NuTrek IV or Discovery involve the Borg, it'll be all over the game.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    The only way I see Borg becoming a threat is only if they literally get their hands on some 29th century tech like that one Borg from Voyager that garaks linked, and even then who knows...the Terran Empire is supposed to be loaded with future tech and they were but a footnote.

There just isn't much out there right now that could make them a threat again unless Cryptic pulls something like they assimilated some unknown thing from unexplored space.
    The only thing they need to be a threat again is Cryptic writing them as one.

Make them assimilate an infinity lockbox, lol. :D
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Yes I would like to see more/new Borg content. The thing is, because the Borg were one of the first sets of enemies at the games launch, they have aged the worst out of a lot of enemy types. I think an overhaul for both space and ground would make them significantly better. Give them new adaption mechanics while also diversifying their enemy types.

As for story, I think there are a ton of different ways you can make them a legitimate threat again. We have tons of threatening foes running around with powerful technology for the Borg to assimilate now (Voth, Na'kuhl, Hurq, Vaadwaur, and even Iconians). The borg obtaining any of this technology would make them a dangerous player in the galaxy again.
  • Options
    "Now if NuTrek IV or Discovery involve the Borg, it'll be all over the game."

I hope they will not mess up.

But I want post Janeway story rather.
  • Options
    "the Borg don't innovate" But perhaps they will adapt to the new situatuion and they will. They have so much potentional... billions of minds of different words working together... they need more space for free fantasy.
  • Options
    Or they would change their nature... they are part technology, they can be TRIBBLE. Or someting big would hold them back for a while like the Asgards hold back the Goa'uld.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing the Borg come back with a furious vengeance.

Right now, they're a joke.. nothing but cannon fodder. Sure, they can drop your shields but you can hull tank them all day so who cares?

I miss the days when I was a newer player and the site of Borg made me tense up and prepare to battle for my life. Now I just see them as punching bags that are easily dispatched in just about anything but HSE.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    All the Borg would need to do is pool the resources to capture one single Vaadwaur ship, and they could build the technology to reestablish themselves as a major power. They still seem to have the numbers, after all.

Game-wise, I would wish them to gain an "assimilation" ability in TFO's - every time they kill a player ship, all their ships gain that vessel's console and boff abilities, including +crit consoles and the like. That could be fun... in PUGs.
    Why kill? That would make it all too easy to avoid it.

Just give 'em a scan beam that can dupe the players' abilities.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Mirror Borg? :)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
This discussion has been closed.