test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes and Maintenance on All Platforms

Comments

• Options
    johnl75johnl75 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Well this is the latest Twitter update. Seems Twitter is the most reliable information thats geting updates atm.

Star Trek Online

Verified account

@trekonlinegame
    Follow Follow @trekonlinegame
    More
    Our Xbox Maintenance is now complete. Thanks for your patience.

PC maintenance is unfortunately going to be further delayed due to technical issues. We're looking at having it up by 1:00 PM PT, but it may be sooner, we'll keep you posted.
  • Options
    hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I used to use Arc for the "Arc Points" system they had, to earn some extra Zen, but since that feature has gone away, I don't even bother with Arc anymore. And I never use Arc to load and play the game, unless I make a new alt and I want the Khan outfit, since you need to log into the character while using Arc to get it.

Agreed, these are about the only things the Arc Launcher is useful for, and I'm still very annoyed that they dumped the Arc Points.....I was able to use it -ONE TIME- and then they closed it. :pensive:

Hmmm....I must log in with the Arc Launcher for the Khan uniform on new characters....thanks for mentioning that as I have new ones that will need it.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    tritan2409 wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »

My current Breach Run music.

Old skool, I like it :)

No school like Old School. B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    So still no DOFF missions on DS9? The revamp took so much away from DS9 that wish we still had the old one.
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Again time is passed but the server is dead :neutral:

Launcher says 1pm Pacific which is still 90 minutes from now.

• Options
    johnl75johnl75 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    This is not the worst downtime in the history of STO downtimes. Back in 2015 when they released an Episode, server was down all week. It come up for a few hours then go back down for 8-12 hours and this happened for 4 days in a row. Be happy we only at 8 hours atm
  • Options
    pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    It's the account server, I swear it... technical issues mean they can't get the account server to work...
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • Options
    woowhizerwoowhizer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    so i guess i should be playing on console instead ? Someone witrh insight why this takes less effort for maintenance ?
  • Options
    angelux#9643 angelux Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    "It's now looking like it might be 2 or 3pm PT until the PC servers are back online. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience."
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    johnl75 wrote: »
    This is not the worst downtime in the history of STO downtimes. Back in 2015 when they released an Episode, server was down all week. It come up for a few hours then go back down for 8-12 hours and this happened for 4 days in a row. Be happy we only at 8 hours atm

Well... its not too bad.
    I remember when the newest content in the game was... Of Bajor. Back when we still got whole Feature Series episodes. After running that particular mission... extended maintenance would have been preferable to doing it again and again for a week.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    "It's now looking like it might be 2 or 3pm PT until the PC servers are back online. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience."

I hope people get fired over this. getting very angry. I'm hardly going to get to play at all today.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    tippy69tippy69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    and this is how you lose players
  • Options

And the OP still states this is happening on September 11, with no further update here ever since... and I thought Trendy was a bad community manager.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • Options
    sicnussicnus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Taking spikes out of a Jem’Hadar mouth is TRICKY & HARD!

HAVE A HEART PEOPLE!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Wow. Normally not one to comment on downtime, but this is a bit excessive!

Hehe; gotta love that British sense of understatement. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    paradoxro#7981 paradoxro Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    dcrose1168 wrote: »

Time was extended , reading comprehension is a common skill you may want to invest in. Its posted clearly on the launcher.

Star Trek Online
    ‏Verified account @trekonlinegame
    8m8 minutes ago

It's now looking like it might be 2 or 3pm PT until the PC servers are back online. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.
    12 replies 1 retweet 13 likes
    Twiter post 8 min a go
  • Options
    As I understand it, the patch is not the problem, but the hardware upgrade. And I understand, that these things take longer as planned. What irks me, is that I have to consult twitter etc., because our community manager can't be arsed to post any updates on the official forums after leaving a copy/paste announcement with the wrong date.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

• Options
    ladyvampiressladyvampiress Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I'm think that us in Europe are are very lucky if we ever get online today on our PC's
  • Options
    renebrehmer#9819 renebrehmer Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Although I agree with you (while we're at it let's throw the cloaking bug of 2011 in) but bugs are not easy to fix always. There's a balancing act in fixing and maintaining the existing content whilst pushing new content. On one hand you have to try to keep the game playable. Secondly, you have to make sure the bugs are being addressed methodically. Thirdly, when new content is pushed out, more bugs are destined to show up, thus putting a strain on my aforementioned points. Finally, the devs also have to address the longevity of the game which requires more content and so the cycle starts anew. You would hope they would already have this cycle(system) down, however it seems they do not as far being balanced with it.

Problem is they never attempt to fix any of the major bugs. We still have major issues that date back to beta that are just being ignored. Sure, we all want new stuff, but when you don't bugfix what's already there and instead only work on new content, all you do is pile more bugs on top of the existing ones, which makes bugfixing much harder. And it only gets worse because it's obvious that none of the new content is tested properly (and in some cases not tested at all) before being pushed out. The more bugs are left in the game, the harder it is to get anything working and keep it working. A buggy game has no longevity, especially when you don't support the damn thing.
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    pork77 wrote: »

And the OP still states this is happening on September 11, with no further update here ever since... and I thought Trendy was a bad community manager.

Oh no you didn't!
    signature.png
  • Options
    I'm think that us in Europe are are very lucky if we ever get online today on our PC's

Imagine they'd do that during their nightshift instead of their usual office hours...
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

• Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Did PWE give the job to contractors or employ the 3 stooges to do this maintenance ?. It's spite to deny the KDF access to the Vor'cha
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    dcrose1168 wrote: »

Time was extended , reading comprehension is a common skill you may want to invest in. Its posted clearly on the launcher.

Star Trek Online
    ‏Verified account @trekonlinegame
    8m8 minutes ago

It's now looking like it might be 2 or 3pm PT until the PC servers are back online. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.
    12 replies 1 retweet 13 likes
    Twiter post 8 min a go

This is getting somewhat less amusing now. Getting tired now (not of the BS, but literally, I need to go to bed soon). Which means I'll lose an entire day on the Event and my Reps.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Flaming/trolling removed.

ConcreteVagueCobra-size_restricted.gif

Knock it off. — StarSword-C
    Post edited by starswordc on
  • Options
    snazell5snazell5 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    what a load of bs some sort of comp should be offered to help with the breach event
  • Options
    guido#7573 guido Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @gameverseman said:
    > As a developer myself I completely understand the need for such extended downtime so thank you for attempting to keep us in the loop.

I have never seen such twaddle in my life. I have been developing solutions for more than 30 years. I currently am responsible for dozens of business platforms for customers, in the cloud, many of those highly complex and advanced systems handling millions of transactions. On any of those platforms a downtime of more than an hour *per year* would lead to substantial legal liabilities and cost claims. With modern technology, it is perfectly possible to carry out maintenance and upgrade platforms without any meaningful downtime to end users.

The amount of downtime on the STO platform is pathetic.
  • Options
    tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    *sigh* Jeez guys. Your REALLY making me wait for my T6 Bassy.

C'mon already im like a kid on Christmas morning here...
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    gotta love how FOUR bullet points on the patch notes takes half a day to do. Can't even get launcher to connect to get patch, so you know TRIBBLE still hitting the fan. Better be sooping up the servers and adding RGB strips to make them look cool. :D
    eazzie wrote: »
    Check the date Kael. You have it as 9/11 but I'm pretty darn sure today is 9/13

Gives your customers such faith in your abilities when you can't even get the date right. And two days wrong, geez. Look at a watch or your phone before you start typing. Of course, I asked one time why he put PST when we're in PDT and he didn't know the difference... :s
  • Options
    korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I always wonder when 'someone' says they deeply apologize or sorry for inconvenience what they actually mean by that. As all evidence seems to suggest that what they mean to say is, suck it up chump your out of luck if you wanted to play; as there is never anything tangible to suggest they are sorry for the inconvenience as no doubt next week we will again be looking at 2 prolonged downtimes for very very minimal fixes or improvements.
  • Options
    baronvonheller#7081 baronvonheller Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Is this the new normal now?

I've only been back for 30 days after a 3 year absence. So far, most weeks have had 2x a week extended Maintainance & most official public announcements are filled with time and date errors that they never even bother to correct after they're pointed out. One of these cost me actual money: ending the 20% ship sale a day early with no explanation or apology of any sort.

Although we all know crazy things can happen in real life when it comes to IT issues, all of this is very sloppy and exploitative of both the goodwill and finances of the player base.
This discussion has been closed.