test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifetime Subscription Sale!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Captains on all platforms can save on a Lifetime Subscription for more than a month!

PC:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10931033

Console:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/10931053

Comments

• Options
    shaneo3shaneo3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    yet i see the new faction is limited still to either kdf or fed rewards .
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    so when does the price kick in? says june 21st, at 8 am pst... it's already past that by like 2 hours...
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    so when does the price kick in? says june 21st, at 8 am pst... it's already past that by like 2 hours...

Just confirmed that it's live on Xbox and PS4. Try closing and reopening the C-store.

Also, where are you located?
  • Options
    darkwhite0darkwhite0 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Chimera/Manticore Heavy Destroyer have 3-5 years old
    don't you think is time the lifetimer get a new ship? (just wondering)
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    it kicked in now, thanks!
  • Options
    eveyistheoneeveyistheone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Once you add to basket it opens new window that says its been removed from your cart.....
  • Options
    bradford#6535 bradford Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    is it worth getting on the console ps4 and if I have my character already how does it affect them?
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    darkwhite0 wrote: »
    Chimera/Manticore Heavy Destroyer have 3-5 years old
    don't you think is time the lifetimer get a new ship? (just wondering)

There's both a T5 and a T6 variant of the vet ship, can't think of another that's been revisited in t6 form other than the sheshar getting a command seat variant as an alternative to the intel.

Only things missing at the moment is a jem hadar vet ship and shuttle to come in line with the other race based factions and possibly a skin for the TOS-ers to use.
    is it worth getting on the console ps4 and if I have my character already how does it affect them?

I have an LTS on PC but for me its not something I've considered for PS4 due to the lack of a monthly stipend. Have to decide for yourself if you'd use the ships or want to play one of the racial options it comes with. Other bundles on console have more usefulness in the long run.
  • Options
    tigeraries3tigeraries3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

for consoles? I would not buy it... just buy the elite starter pack. the only real reason to buy would be for the free zen... but that is PC only. for consoles the only thing of any value would be the free T6 ship (also T5, for Ad. card)... is a single T6 ship worth it for consoles?
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Where's my Vorta BOFF? tiger-2.gif One can always dream on.

It would be great to have some additions to the offer even smaller ones.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    Elite starter pack isn't on consoles yet, if it follows suit with PC then it'll appear in the next couple of weeks for 1500 zen and next to no ingame promotion for what is an amazingly good deal.
  • Options
    cadorette101cadorette101 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I purchased it during beta, and am really happy I did. But I don't know if I would buy one now, as I can't imagine the game being around long enough to really get your money’s worth.

But I hope I am wrong and STO will be out for another several years, I'll keep playing.
    Tain.png

• Options
    bradford#6535 bradford Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    since its not worth it, I suppose ill quit playing the game
  • Options
    captainjaydedcaptainjayded Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Once you add to basket it opens new window that says its been removed from your cart.....

I am also having this issue - can somebody advise?

giphy.gif
  • Options
    r4plezr4plez Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2018

same
    I want to pay Cryptic - dont You want my money?!
  • Options
    tigeraries3tigeraries3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

It's free to play right? no need to quit... just get the free event ships when they come around. the elite starter pack should make it's way thru to console one day I would think...
    How much is the lifetime on console with the sale? about $135? 1 free T6 (per faction) if your playing all 3, then 1 Fed, 1 KDF & 1 Rom... and you get 3 shuttles (1 for each faction). Maybe in the future you also get a T6 JHD ship and shuttle? unlimited space suits... for PC the free bank & inventory spaces you get for LTS, all stack with the Elite Pack... if you have the $140 to burn and you enjoy ST and will play this game often and for a while on console... I could think of worse things to spend it on. But I would honestly just buy some zen and get a ship pack or expan bundle when on sale instead.
  • Options

Value is subjective, especially in a f2p game where you get get everything with a bit of time and effort.

The stuff in the LTS is a collection of things that are nice to have but not vital or gamebreakingly good.

The name on console is a wee bit misleading as its the LTS perks and not the sub but as there's no sub option for console you lose nothing by not having this.

No reason to quit playing.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    My budget would not stretch to get a $20 ship in THAT sale, unfortunately ten times that price to get the subscription in this sale is far more than ten times as unlikely to be affordable in my case.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    My budget would not stretch to get a $20 ship in THAT sale, unfortunately ten times that price to get the subscription in this sale is far more than ten times as unlikely to be affordable in my case.

$20 a month? bank it and dont see it till next year... should have more than enough as long as you dont tap into it... =)
  • Options
    For buying in game stuff play the long game and start on working up your zen stash and while you do that make a list of what you feel you need (elite starter pack is a good option) and what would be nice to have (pretty much any ship)
  • Options
    jnoble2011jnoble2011 Member Posts: 11 Arc User

I have this same problem. Any ideas how to fix it?
  • Options
    poseidolonposeidolon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    No new rewards for Gamma characters to coincide with this sale, though? Had my hopes up for a playable gamma species, like the vorta, like when Delta was released.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    I would get it if the conversation rate was on par which it isn't right now, it would only really be 33-25% off for me right now.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I no longer recommend the LTS sadly. It is indeed a wise investment for those that purchased it, on sale of course, a couple of years ago & beyond, but STO's pace just isn't the same as it was back then in the creation of new content & the customer service is apathetic & horrid. For the sake of new content I don't mean purchasing &/or gambling mechanisms which are a certain part of Cryptic's focus. However, STO can still be enjoyed while not spending any money, but spending a little money can greatly increase fun too if spent wisely. Hopefully a good enough game will be released with similar sci-fi elements like STO but better applications in the near future besides that Mar-a-Lago country club Star Citizen
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I would get it if the conversation rate was on par which it isn't right now, it would only really be 33-25% off for me right now.

I think you meant "conversion" rate which depending upon the country I guess could really hinder the discount amount. That is indeed a shame.

It is true that has been said many times though for the veteran rewards. It is like they counted up to 1000 & could not count any higher. Then again, Cryptic already got your money & once that happens they have less incentive.
  • Options
    blaine#7048 blaine Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Does anyone know if the per-rank Retrain Tokens, inventory slots, etc. are retroactive? Do they stack with Elite Starter Pack?
  • Options
    ukgouki#7276 ukgouki Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Does anyone know if the per-rank Retrain Tokens, inventory slots, etc. are retroactive? Do they stack with Elite Starter Pack?

yes and yes on pc, console its a yes and no as elite is not available for it..

• Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    I was considering buying the LTS this time around but $1 does not equal €1 and therfore, I'm out.

Wasn't there a time when the conversion rates were actually taken into consideration by Cryptic? I'm almost sure that there was iirc.
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    Damn i though it was going for 100% off. :)
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

yes and yes on pc, console its a yes and no as elite is not available for it..

ummm NO it is NOT retroactive for the retrain tokens. You get the Retrain Tokens DURING level up when you go to the admiral and go visit the shipyard. For Rom & I think KDF you NEED to do this ASAP. If you put this off and hit the next rank (level up 10 times) the game clears it for you and gives you squat. No retrain token, no shipyard token, nothing... Fed thou of course is still good... mission stays put and you can take all the time in the universe to go complete.

bank space & inventory is retroactive thou.