test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will we ever see the return of The Emissary?

With all the DS9 story lines being added to STO, the return of much beloved cast and crew members, I have my gear turning in this block head of mine. Will we see the return of The Man Himself, Capt. Sisko? It would be awesome to see it happen, perhaps stepping in at the last minute to help the alliance defeat the Hur'q?! Or maybe just a cameo telling Kira some vital piece of information? With such a key character from the series not included in the story arc yet, will there be a chance to see The Emissary return, even if its only for a brief moment?
2j4zi3k.jpg

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    My Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook not so good.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    I have to agree. Avery Brooks Has so far stayed away from Star Trek ( and apparently acting in general, AFAIK.)
  • cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    They could do what they did in AoY with Kirk and just show him from the back talking to Kira. Yeah he would have no lines for us to read it would just be her.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I hope so.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    jcsteele wrote: »
    I have to agree. Avery Brooks Has so far stayed away from Star Trek ( and apparently acting in general, AFAIK.)

The most recent Trek thing I know of he was involved in was Star Trek Legacy.

In fact... according to IMDB... Star Trek Legacy was the last role he did period...
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000984/
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    From Ten Forward Weekly: if they had Avery Brooks coming to the game they wouldn't have kept it a secret. All the cameos for ViL have been announced.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    It's a shame. This would have been the opportunity to finish the character's story. It's almost (but not quite) as bad as getting Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia all in the same movie for one last time and not giving them any scenes together.
  • chadhughes145chadhughes145 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    fAKPYlv.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I would love to see Avery Brooks light it up one last time as Sisko, but I REALLY doubt that is happening.

And I agree it's a shame. Sisko is still my favorite.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1