test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Announcing the DS9 Lock Box!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Launching with Victory is Life, the Deep Space Nine lock box is packed with new items, including the Deep Space Nine cast as Bridge Officers, the Jem'Hadar Battlecruiser, and more!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10914153

Comments

• Options
    richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Will the holographic crew be bind on pick up? I want to know if I can buy them on the exchange if I'm not lucky enough on the lock boxes lol
    "As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
    This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
    njflWNG.jpg
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Cool stuff, I love that Jem battlecruiser.

A couple minor things I'd like to clarify, though:
    — The trait for the Maquis Raider, it says it's triggered by player-created anomalies besides the plasma storm. By that do you mean things like Tyken's Rift and Gravity Well?
    — Friend wanted me to ask if the line "with every opening of a DS9 lockbox there is a chance of getting a holo-boff" meant the holograms were possible bonus rewards that could be awarded in addition to the other prize, or were part of the regular prize table.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    Oh god, a holographic Kurland. Will he keep saying "Kurland here" every time something happens? ;)
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    starswordc wrote: »
    Cool stuff, I love that Jem battlecruiser.

A couple minor things I'd like to clarify, though:
    — The trait for the Maquis Raider, it says it's triggered by player-created anomalies besides the plasma storm. By that do you mean things like Tyken's Rift and Gravity Well?

It does, in fact, mean that.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I don't think the universe is ready for my incoming Emergency Holo-Shran/Holo-Weyoun tag team.

Too bad universe, it's going to happen. :tongue:

(PS. for anyone who wants their own tag team, here's a tailor screenshot for the Emergency Holo-Shran. DL, plonk in screenshot folder, load up at tailor on a Delta Recruitment holographic Boff, done.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    HOLO-KURLAND IS HERE!!!
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    The trait for the Maquis Raider, it says it's triggered by player-created anomalies besides the plasma storm. By that do you mean things like Tyken's Rift and Gravity Well?
    I believe those do count as such.
    Friend wanted me to ask if the line "with every opening of a DS9 lockbox there is a chance of getting a holo-boff" meant the holograms were possible bonus rewards that could be awarded in addition to the other prize, or were part of the regular prize table.
    If I read the article correctly, the latter would be the case. Further, the wording makes it sound like this is something akin to the space weapon pack: a box which, when opened, provides one of the listed holograms. Sort of related: the vanity shields really should be promoted to the regular prize table... or, ideally, moved to the dilithium or GPL stores.

Also, full disclosure of the odds of these things is long overdue.
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Hmm no cardie stuff. So that tells me they be 1 of 2 things. 1)Normal stuff you can buy or 2)locked behide a fleet holding and I hope its not locked behide a fleet holding.
  • Options
    grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    The weapons are a bit of a missed opportunity IMO. I was really hoping for something new in the Polaron flavor to complement the Jem'Hadar ships.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Wait!... Kurland is…. HERE?!?!?!...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Kurland, Tovan, Sarish (as she annoys me as a kdf) and a random red shirted meat shield ...so many ways to watch them die, so little time...

...if only there was a self damaging ability that also muders mobs...
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    As a STO Fashionista who enjoys collecting costumes, I have the following questions:
    • About the Tosk Hunter Armor: Will the purchase of the armor unlock the costume pieces in the Tailor so I can create a "uniform" of the Tosk Hunter Armor without actually wearing it (similar to how the Hirogen Enhanced Battle Armor or the Tzenkethi Retrofit Armor work now) or is it something I have to wear to see the visuals (like one of the Environmental Suits)? (Which BTW, it would be nice if you guys would unlock EV Suit visuals as costume pieces, once owned.)
    • Are the two Ferengi Outfits (Replica Grand Nagus Outfit and Tycoon Tailed Suit) one outfit box, or do you have to purchase each outfit separately? Are these "Uniform" or "Off Duty" pieces and/or can they be mixed/matched?

I have to say, given the special sixth Account-Wide-Unlock Starship Mastery Trait of the Jem'Hadar ships in the Gamma Vanguard Packs, I'm disappointed to see that the Jem'Hadar Light Battlecruiser doesn't include the same Trait. I was hoping Lock Box ships might be heading that way, and this Box's Grand Prize Ship might be the first.

I'm also disappointed the Lock Box doesn't contain any Cardassian or Bajoran goodies.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    mcalexev123mcalexev123 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    As a STO Fashionista who enjoys collecting costumes, I have the following questions:
    • About the Tosk Hunter Armor: Will the purchase of the armor unlock the costume pieces in the Tailor so I can create a "uniform" of the Tosk Hunter Armor without actually wearing it (similar to how the Hirogen Enhanced Battle Armor or the Tzenkethi Retrofit Armor work now) or is it something I have to wear to see the visuals (like one of the Environmental Suits)? (Which BTW, it would be nice if you guys would unlock EV Suit visuals as costume pieces, once owned.)
    • Are the two Ferengi Outfits (Replica Grand Nagus Outfit and Tycoon Tailed Suit) one outfit box, or do you have to purchase each outfit separately? Are these "Uniform" or "Off Duty" pieces and/or can they be mixed/matched?

I have to say, given the special sixth Account-Wide-Unlock Starship Mastery Trait of the Jem'Hadar ships in the Gamma Vanguard Packs, I'm disappointed to see that the Jem'Hadar Light Battlecruiser doesn't include the same Trait. I was hoping Lock Box ships might be heading that way, and this Box's Grand Prize Ship might be the first.

I'm also disappointed the Lock Box doesn't contain any Cardassian or Bajoran goodies.

Yeah, I'm saddened the Battlecruiser isn't an account-wide unlock after you get it to T6. It's one of the iconic TV ships, and the others are in the Gamma Vanguard pack. Couldn't ya' make an exception for this one ship considering it's a staple of the TV jem'hadar?
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Totally getting the Holo-Kurland so I can equip him with no gear or weapons whatsoever and watch him die repeatedly.

....that sounds more like of a weyoun move

and on that note, this essentially means that you can in fact have a vorta boff on a jem character, which doesn't even remotely make sense

so remind me again why no vorta were included because it didn't make sense?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Battlecrusier is not a Jem'Hadar VANGUARD Ship allowable only to Vanguard Characters to begin with. It is also a one Character only Lock Box Ship. They are not going to make something on that ship Account-wide.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    The weapons are a bit of a missed opportunity IMO. I was really hoping for something new in the Polaron flavor to complement the Jem'Hadar ships.

That's coming in the new reputation.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    I might save up some Lobi for the crossbow so my converted character can get it.
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    I want the Maquis raider
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
      Totally getting the Holo-Kurland so I can equip him with no gear or weapons whatsoever and watch him die repeatedly.

and on that note, this essentially means that you can in fact have a vorta boff on a jem character, which doesn't even remotely make sense

there is a vorta in the holo boffs acctually looks like 2 in the pic one is Holographic Loriss the other looks like neman or whatever his name is the vorta from the mission the factory.

• Options
      szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
      HOLO-KURLAND IS HERE!!!

Where's the next airlock? :#
    • Options
      lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
      beerxhyper wrote: »

there is a vorta in the holo boffs acctually looks like 2 in the pic one is Holographic Loriss the other looks like neman or whatever his name is the vorta from the mission the factory.

....what are you talking about? I was asking why there are no vorta playable characters or regular boffs based on the claim that 'it wouldn't make sense story wise' yet they put out vorta boffs like this. its contradictory and goes directly against their previously stated reasoning

also, that isn't nemen, that other vorta is weyoun, though that isn't be best pic of him accuracy wise tbh

come to think of it, is there a reason there is no hologram for the rest of the returning cast?
    • Options
      lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
      > @beerxhyper said:
      > lazarus51166 wrote: »
      >
      > valoreah wrote: »
      >
      > Totally getting the Holo-Kurland so I can equip him with no gear or weapons whatsoever and watch him die repeatedly.
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > ....that sounds more like of a weyoun move
      >
      > and on that note, this essentially means that you can in fact have a vorta boff on a jem character, which doesn't even remotely make sense
      >
      > so remind me again why no vorta were included because it didn't make sense?
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > there is a vorta in the holo boffs acctually looks like 2 in the pic one is Holographic Loriss the other looks like neman or whatever his name is the vorta from the mission the factory.

The other Vorta is Weyoun, there is a list. Honestly disappointed that there is no Holo Kira, Holo Bashir, Holo Jadzia Dax, and so on. Maybe I'll get Lorissa or Weyoun off the exchange. Or Quark. Depends on prices.

The Trait on the Light Battle Ship is the only thing that makes it tempting for me given the amount of other Jem'hadar ships. A Maquis ship is interesting and might appeal to Voyager fans too.

I like the Hunter set.
    • Options
      nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

We were all expecting, or should have, another themed Lock Box so surprise surprise surprise. I'm not a fan of Cryptic's Lock Boxes & other gambling mechanics since there's no accountability or transparency, but this Lock Box version isn't bad with what it is tantalizing us with. It's just bad since Lobi items are per character & there's a very steep inflated cost for Lobi items, but that's what the "Space Rich" Country Club members want & Cryptic listens.

The Jem'Hadar Light Battlecruiser: The console & the trait both sound very interesting & nice. The ship looks good enough, but I'll await the publishing of the stats.

The Maquis Raider: The Phlogiston Projector sounds fun, the console reads like another flavor of a Gravity Well but that's not a bad thing, & the trait compliments the console's ability, but piloting within 3km of an anomaly while trying to take advantage of the trait's benefits against ships seems suspect on being worthwhile. Again, it is a raider which are situational ships usually given their stats. 900 Lobi though for a raider, lol, only if it has better stats. I guess even the "Space Rich" Country Clubers need their top-of-the-line golf carts. Nice design look though.

The Hostile Acquisition Universal Console: Another control method which also will cause damage. Fun theme, but adding the gimmick of adding Gold Pressed Latinum (GPL) seems worthless since GPL doesn't add much value in STO.

Ferenginar Plasma Weapons space & ground seem good enough & another Omni-Directional Plasma choice is nice, but isn't plasma weapons still missing a mission rewarded Omni-Directional to put it in par with other energy types still?

The Ferenginar Vanity Shield like other vanity shields are more or less for "Space Rich" Country Club members who admire reflections in mirrors perhaps a bit too much so good luck to them. I'm sure it will look pretty.

The Personal Traits, 3 Ground & 3 Space, all seem well enough with each class seemingly represented.

Duty Officer Assignments Gamma Edition for the hoarders & collectors out there. These are always nice enough, but the pay-out never seemed worth it to me. With this edition though there are 5 to collect.

Holographic DS9 BOFFs: This is something new & welcomed from a Lock Box. Unfortunately it wasn't stated whether or not these will be "bound" or Exchangeable. Nice variety of options too.

The Lobi Store Ground Set: I'm surprised it is only a 2 piece set with armor & weapon. No shield? Anyways, I personally will have to fight temptation not to gamble to earn enough Lobi for this set since I had been yelping from near the beginning to have Tosk be part of VIL. Nicely done on the armor appearance & weapon.

There are 2 Lobi outfits, which I'm not one that focuses on such much, but both look really nice & definitely Ferengi inspired.

" There are many other prizes within the Deep Space Nine Lock Box for players to acquire, such as R&D Packs, Boosts, and other assorted items." If you're going to try your luck get used to the idea of winning these type items with minimal lobi lots more than any of the items listed in detail above unless Cryptic has your account selected for "Good Customer That Praises Cryptic So Better Luck" trait. Good luck everyone!
    • Options
      beardyface86beardyface86 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
      You can now make Jem and the Holograms.
    • Options
      evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      Since you made the model for the Maquis raider, could you use your Dev magic to kitbash it with the intrepid and give us the USS Yeager?

USS-Yeager-NCC-65674.jpg

ussyeager1.jpg
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • Options
      lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
      Noticed the consoles on the ships have no mention of being stricted to particular ship types.
    • Options
      shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      edited May 2018
      nommo#5819 wrote: »
      I'm not a fan of Cryptic's Lock Boxes & other gambling mechanics since there's no accountability or transparency, but this Lock Box version isn't bad with what it is tantalizing us with. It's just bad since Lobi items are per character & there's a very steep inflated cost for Lobi items, but that's what the "Space Rich" Country Club members want & Cryptic listens.
      Indeed, sir. There is no excuse for not providing a full and honest disclosure of the odds... something, as I've pointed out, the folks at Grinding Gear Games have the good sense to do with their boxes... especially with the current move to impose accountability and transparency. That the contents of said boxes drop into the store for outright purchase a month after the box is retired doesn't hurt either.
      And yes, the actual-currency cost of Lobi gear sets - assuming the minimum return in all cases of 4 crystals per key, with keys bought in packs of ten, accruing 600 of them - can easily approach if not exceed that of complete games.
      The Hostile Acquisition Universal Console: Another control method which also will cause damage. Fun theme, but adding the gimmick of adding Gold Pressed Latinum (GPL) seems worthless since GPL doesn't add much value in STO.
      And given the description of how it works, I imagine it'd be only usable out of combat (as an opening move). As for GPL having a use, there is just so much potential there if only the appropriate effort would be exerted. Vanity shields (noted below). Outfits (for instance, this could be a way to get the outfits normally associated with the Lobi armors, as distinct from the armors themselves). Furniture and decorations (requires a reworking of ready rooms at the least, and optionally delving into player housing in the vein of, for instance, FF14).
      The Ferenginar Vanity Shield like other vanity shields are more or less for "Space Rich" Country Club members who admire reflections in mirrors perhaps a bit too much so good luck to them. I'm sure it will look pretty.
      I repeat: vanity shields should either be a line item in the main drop table for boxes... or just outright moved into the GPL store (or even the Z-store).
    • Options
      tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
      edited May 2018

They're holograms, not Vorta.
      tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
      HOLO-KURLAND IS HERE!!!

This is Holo-Kurland!
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)