test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Two More Additions to the Gamma Vanguard Pack!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
The Gamma Vanguard Pack is expanding once again! Anyone who preorders (or purchases at any time) the pack will now also receive a Jem'Hadar EV Suit and three Vanguard Bridge Officers with the launch of #VictoryisLife.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10905723

Comments

• Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Thank you for the additions! They all 3 look the same to me except for the outfit/hairstyle. Would have been nice to have a female Vorta or a Cardassian? . But good additions anyways.

I will name them Larry, Moe and Curley tiger-2.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    That EV suit is awesome!
    "As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
    This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
    njflWNG.jpg
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Am I reading this correctly?

The EV Suit is a per character addition, but the 3 Jem'Hadar BOFFs is once per account???

They used different wording in describing the unlockability for each so just wanting to clarify.
  • Options
    korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

The EV Suit is a per character addition, but the 3 Jem'Hadar BOFFs is once per account???

They used different wording in describing the unlockability for each so just wanting to clarify.

Once per character per account. Think it is each Character.

Just a shame none of them are Cardassian :'(
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    korithian1 wrote: »

..or Vorta, or a Founder. I always wanted a Founder Boff B)
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    szim wrote: »

..or Vorta, or a Founder. I always wanted a Founder Boff B)

What! you didn't know... that 1st officer of yours IS a Founder.
  • Options
    gypsydanger1gypsydanger1 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    ...i wish, cryptic would add the bug frigate pets to the vanguard pack :(
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

My read is that the two phrases DO mean different things.

The EV suit can be claimed as many times as you want, but you can only have one at a time, thus you can reclaim it if you throw it away.

The bridge officers can be claimed once per character, and NOT reclaimed if dismissed.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User

The emphasis is "Per" meaning for each one of your characters per account. Wording is strange but that is what it means.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    I do wish they add Cardy Bridge officers of both sexes, male and a female - three per character, per account. Come on Cryptic throw us another bone.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Together with the Delta Rising Pack Officers and the various special officers one could have over the years, it's really hard to still build a normal crew...

And one is quickly running out of BO slots, too.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    jupwisejupwise Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Does that mean you can only claim the EV suit for yourself but not for your boffs?
  • Options
    jupwise wrote: »
    Does that mean you can only claim the EV suit for yourself but not for your boffs?

yeah sounds that way... "can be claimed once per character" but won't know for sure till after release. could be an error.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Same as the TOS EV Suit. Only for you. For your Boffs 'No soup for you! Next.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »

does anyone use that suit? it's so ugly.
  • Options
    tigeraries wrote: »
    That's the main selling point of it actually :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Oh nice. Looking forward to when ViL launches with all these new toys to play with.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    You can putfit your BOffs with the TOS EV suits by buying them for...... Dilithium of course!

It's worth it for the immersion, too bad they don't make anymore TOS missions.

Glad they keep adding more stuff to the Jemhadar character since I have to push through the mastery on all the ships so my main can use them, makes it less tedious for those of us that are not fans.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I bought my Gamma Vanguard Pack last night. It's nice to know I'll get more goodies than I had planned. Thanks Cryptic.
    ...My read is that the two phrases DO mean different things.

The EV suit can be claimed as many times as you want, but you can only have one at a time, thus you can reclaim it if you throw it away.

The bridge officers can be claimed once per character, and NOT reclaimed if dismissed.
    I can see why you'd read it that way. It's interesting how they're changing the availability if what you're saying is true...

I expect the BOffs will be similar to the threesome of special Intelligence BOffs that were included in the Delta Rising Operations Pack. If so, then each character could claim one "kit" of three BOffs. While they were in your roster or pending you couldn't claim more, but if you discharge all three, you can reclaim all three again.
    tigeraries wrote: »

I bought the Temporal Special Agent Pack, which includes the TOS EV Suit. I do use it on my TOSling character who is as all TOS-themed as possible. I happen to think it looks great. I dunno about the new Jem'Hadar suit, but I was able to claim as many TOS EV Suits as I wanted, in this case one for the Captain and each of his Away Team BOffs.

Edit: I'm embarassed to say I was incorrect about this. I did only get one of the TOS EV Suits per character and ltminns was correct - No Soup for the BOffs. I must have been thinking of something else when I was claiming for my Captain and BOffs. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
    Post edited by lordhavelock on

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    hunterpdx1hunterpdx1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    First impressions: I really love how they look except perhaps for the thigh boots. But the color scheme and texturing are nice. I just never liked thigh boots, which always felt one artistic line away from lingerie and that's a dungeon that might be better left unexplored.
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Not to nitpick but we've actually had a jem'hadar EV suit for quite awhile now. Need I point out that the first EV suit we ever got was provided on a jem'hadar ship?

Also, hate to say it but kael you kind of let the cat out of the bag a couple weeks back on this one, as you mentioned there being boffs in the pack on one of the livestreams, before they were announced. So this wasn't exactly a surprise
  • Options
    atroxvincentiusatroxvincentius Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Well now, Vanguard BOFFs for the package I've already bought, can't say I'll complain about that, thanks guys! I'd be interested in seeing the stats for the EV suit...
  • Options
    rjoy79rjoy79 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Wow I see there is absolutely no love for those of us who bought the starter pack.
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    No cardie boffs and no cardie outfit, meh update.

rjoy79 wrote: »
    Wow I see there is absolutely no love for those of us who bought the starter pack.
    Well yeah its called a Starter Pack, you get all most nothing in them.

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I really can't understand why they won't add the Cardassian uniform at the very least, it would make up for not getting a Cardassian faction.
  • Options
    tiberius183tiberius183 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I wonder if the Vanguard boff traits will work in space as well as ground like the Vanguard character's does...
  • Options
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I really can't understand why they won't add the Cardassian uniform at the very least, it would make up for not getting a Cardassian faction.
    Last night's livestream someone asked that... Of course they asked Bort and Thomas.... The onl actualy information was when Thomas said "Was that added as an episode play reward?" Then Bort was like "I don't remember." Because neither of them actually worked on it, that was someone else.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I've spent an awful lot on this game over the years. But I think I'll give this one a miss and wait for the inevitable dribbling out of these features. Good looking ships, but whew that pack needs to include zen or something else before I'd consider it.

Not a complaint - just speaking for myself. :)
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Are those boffs for Dominion only, or all characters?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Are those boffs for Dominion only, or all characters?

JHD only. It's for new JHD players.