test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How are your delta recruits rolling? Sponsered by #PlayAFerengi

If the title didn't give it away, I am a Delta Recruit Ferengi named Nag whose father was Nog and Grandfather is Rom. Apparently, he followed his footsteps to be the second greatest Ferengi in Starfleet!

How r ur delta recruits going? Did you create a Ferengi?

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I made three when the event was new. Slarg(a gorn sci), Zdakek(Reman Eng), Naxaia(Talaxian tac)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Rolled a Romulan female Sci.

As a lifer I should have actually done a Liberated Borg Romulan... eh... maybe next time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I rolled some Deltas back in the day, and am thinking about rolling one to help out a friend that wasn't able to Delta the last time around.

My current deltas are:

Josephine, Fed Eng
    Sonja, Romulan/KDF Tac
    Bryn'hilda, KDF Tac "Martian"

Potential new one: Jackie Blue, Fed Sci

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    If you've seen a delta recruit in a suit and tie and looks like a certain US president, then that was me.
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Yeah I have my quota of Deltas from the first time around.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I have two from a previous event, i had a third from that event as well, but deleted it for another. from the previous event i already got a level 60 starfleet human character mostly up to date, i have a KDF Talaxian that is a little of the way in. on this run through i went after a new romulan, a character that looked a bit like Commander Sirol from TNG.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Was that the event where we rolled 3 of them f--kers? I will never repeat anything like that again.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Yes, Delta Recruit was that event.

I already completed the rewards last time, so don't need it this time.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Missed the event the first time so I started a Liberated Borg Science Officer. On a side note the Bozeman Impulse engines we received as a reward from the recent First Contact Day celebration work well with new alts. They scale for free and look sharp especially at full impulse. They'll get replaced once we get into the sets but at least they make the lower tier ships more interesting.
    Post edited by paddy#3322 on
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    If you've seen a delta recruit in a suit and tie and looks like a certain US president, then that was me.
    Abraham Lincoln, Iconian Hunter?

Darn. I was going to do that.
    redvenge wrote: »
    Abraham Lincoln, Iconian Hunter?

Darn. I was going to do that.

That would be epic! =O Though with that, we totally need the hat!

21 'til I die!
  • feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I don't think i will create a delta.
    New characters don't change the gameplay from the ones i already have.
    Delta bonuses are not a big push either.
    And i am so tired to play the same episodes over & over again....because nothing changes, dialogues don't change, etc...

Last but not least if i spend many ours to level up and grow a character, then i would like to actually play endgame..and with a quick counting:
    1 million fleet credits and 234.000 dilithium for the extra slots and locators consoles.
    And i didn't count weapons & gear upgrades.

Too many resources needed..that i could use for my actual active playing characters.
    My delta recruit died before exiting the academy, LOL!
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    The Delta Vanguard tech upgrade are the main pull for me. It's going to take two of them just to get one weapon from Mk XIV to Mk XV.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    My klink (and possibly the rommie) from the first delta event have finally done with their reps but still not quite unlocked the mission based reward stuff.

Made a couple for my f2p account, fed and rom, mainly because my f2p has no klink ships to use and the one I have is still refining through all the ore from having topped out reps and dil mining.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I rolled a tac KDF delta.. I figure that will give me something to mess around with along with the two spare AOY toons I still haven't finished leveling. Though I have been slowly working on my science AoY toon. Wish they had KDF AoY character options.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    My klink (and possibly the rommie) from the first delta event have finally done with their reps but still not quite unlocked the mission based reward stuff.

Made a couple for my f2p account, fed and rom, mainly because my f2p has no klink ships to use and the one I have is still refining through all the ore from having topped out reps and dil mining.
    My KDF delta recruit did all the things.... none of my other recruits has.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I rolled 2. 1 fed and one Rom.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Got 3:

Fed: Alien Fem Eng
    Rom: Rom Male Eng
    KDF: Joined Trill Female Eng

Planning to roll three more:

Fed: Bajoran Sci
    Rom: Lib Borg Sci
    KDF: Talaxian Sci
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Tired of grinding. I'm happy with a FED recruit and won't do either a KDF or Romulan.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • necaradan666necaradan666 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    It's always weird to me when people design their toons to be relatives of well known characters.. we interact with Nog through missions and he's not going to treat you differently than another character, how does that suspension of disbelief not break down in those situations.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    haven't even yet finished all the goals for my KDF delta recruit back in the day...well, might aswell do it now!

It's a Nausican called S'patzi
    Go pro or go home
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    My fed: STOrage A human male
    Rom-Fed O'Prah The Reman male
    Klink: Gollum a Talaxian tac male.

Of the 3 my fed is the only one I completed. I just don't have the energy to finish off the rest of them at this point.
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    baudl wrote: »
    haven't even yet finished all the goals for my KDF delta recruit back in the day...well, might aswell do it now!

It's a Nausican called S'patzi

LOVE that name :)

++++

I am going to make a Ferengi and name her Dee.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    I did three the first time around:

Starfleet Bolian Science Officer - Motal (Flies a T6 Long Range Science ship - Bellerephon skin)
    KDF Gorn Engineer - Scylax (Flies a Negh'var - But may soon swap this for the Qib)
    Romulan Liberated Borg - Arnak (Flies a Science Multimission warbird)
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I powered through the Delta Recruit on my 2nd STO account which was created during the 2015 Risa Summer Event which was a couple / few months after the Delta Recruitment Event ended.

All the related story arcs have been completed; though it did end somewhat oddly. Back in 2015 the Breen Invasion was after the Borg Advance. At the end of Cold Storage is the point in time when you travel back to your character's past. But since then Cryptic changed the order of the story arc so Fluid Dynamics is now the last mission to complete the Delta Recruitment Event even though your characters has already gone into the past...
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I powered through the Delta Recruit on my 2nd STO account which was created during the 2015 Risa Summer Event which was a couple / few months after the Delta Recruitment Event ended.

All the related story arcs have been completed; though it did end somewhat oddly. Back in 2015 the Breen Invasion was after the Borg Advance. At the end of Cold Storage is the point in time when you travel back to your character's past. But since then Cryptic changed the order of the story arc so Fluid Dynamics is now the last mission to complete the Delta Recruitment Event even though your characters has already gone into the past...

Ah yes ... that is something I have been concerned about. O_O My Rom Delta from back in the day has yet to complete those arcs. Did they somehow re-vamp the "end" and move it to the end of the borg missions? Or will it still be at the end of Breen? And if so, the Borg missions won't make as much sense. o.o

21 'til I die!