test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FLEET Starbase PVP Defense/Attack map , WE NEED THIS!

24

Comments

  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,951 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    76754062.jpg

    [Mod Hat] Okay, COOL IT! You can talk about the relative merits of PVP all you want, but if the flaming keeps up in this thread, I will close it. [/Mod Hat]
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

    Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    [Mod Hat] Flaming and trolling redacted. Have a nice day. -- StarSword-C [Mod Hat]
    Post edited by starswordc on
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 7,907 Arc User
    Sounds like too much work for too little gain. It's best if the devs do not waste their time on PVP maps.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sleeeperr1sleeeperr1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Sounds like too much work for too little gain. It's best if the devs do not waste their time on PVP maps.
    the already have all the resources for this it wouldnt take much to make happen

  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 56,066 Community Moderator
    The main problem will be ensuring a FAIR game for both sides. Otherwise you might have PvPers stacking the deck against anyone who isn't on their team for a curbstomp.

    Lets say it was adopted as a 10v10. Now... lets say you had a team of 5 PvPers queue up. Unless you can guarantee that another team of 5 PvPers will be on the other side to balance the engagement... whichever side has the PvPers automatically wins because the other team is getting vaped left and right.

    Then we get the problem of if that second team of 5 PvPers gets on the same side...

    Its too unbalanced in terms of skill and equipment, and will cause rage because the other team can't do SQUAT.

    That isn't fun for the non PvPers, and I'm sure the decent PvPers won't find it fun to have a turkey shoot. Decent PvPers want an even, fair fight. Not fish in a barrel.

    Concept is interesting IN THEORY.

    In PRACTICE... its a trainwreck waiting to happen.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I remember this same suggestion about 6 years ago.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The main problem will be ensuring a FAIR game for both sides. Otherwise you might have PvPers stacking the deck against anyone who isn't on their team for a curbstomp.

    Lets say it was adopted as a 10v10. Now... lets say you had a team of 5 PvPers queue up. Unless you can guarantee that another team of 5 PvPers will be on the other side to balance the engagement... whichever side has the PvPers automatically wins because the other team is getting vaped left and right.

    Then we get the problem of if that second team of 5 PvPers gets on the same side...

    Its too unbalanced in terms of skill and equipment, and will cause rage because the other team can't do SQUAT.

    That isn't fun for the non PvPers, and I'm sure the decent PvPers won't find it fun to have a turkey shoot. Decent PvPers want an even, fair fight. Not fish in a barrel.

    Concept is interesting IN THEORY.

    In PRACTICE... its a trainwreck waiting to happen.

    I agree with this. It's interesting, and it would add in another PvP map. However, that doesn't take into account the fact that the battles would still be unbalanced and not fun for most people.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • rarerararera Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    > @warpangel said:
    > Looking at the PvP queues right now and there is exactly one (1) person in there...So no, PvP is not "growing."
    >
    > There are enough empty queues, we don't need more.

    Most PVP does not happen from pugs through the standard ques. Most PVP matches are coordinated through Discord channels and such. I belong to 3 of them all chock full of PVP players. I fight people all day at Ker’rat and que matches happen all the time. Its basically become under ground per say but it is a lot bigger than most not involved realize. In fact I usually battle other people to keep busy waiting for the slow PVE ques pop.
  • sleeeperr1sleeeperr1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    nahhh it'lle be fun one side can blast the otherside with the starbase torp spreads beams etc attacking side calls in reinforcement and have a battering ram of sorts lazer cannon thing
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Nice idea, .. even me as a PVE player would welcome that.
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,451 Arc User
    yes we need this because there are not enough threads about XYZ is OP because i cant build a perfect PVP machine adn i got oneshotted.
    Spock.jpg

  • redbaroness#4883 redbaroness Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Great idea !, and while they at it , turn more unused maps into pvp zones like kerrat .That map is stale as hell .
  • valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 11,158 Arc User
    I've no objection to this. Might be fun.
    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Yes, do this. And slowly remove PVE from the game and make everything PVP.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 8,088 Community Moderator
    Can we not do the PvP vs PvE forum-PvP thing, please?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online? Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,252 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Can we not do the PvP vs PvE forum-PvP thing, please?

    I'm consulting the 8 ball. Outlook not good.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 56,066 Community Moderator
    I would have to agree with the sacred 8-Ball.

    Whenever the subject of PvP comes up... in most cases its like modern American politics. One side MAY be willing to listen, but the other is so hardline they have forgotten the meaning, and the very existance, of the word compromise.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > I would have to agree with the sacred 8-Ball.
    >
    > Whenever the subject of PvP comes up... in most cases its like modern American politics. One side MAY be willing to listen, but the other is so hardline they have forgotten the meaning, and the very existance, of the word compromise.

    well written
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    a sidenote:

    Cryptic makes a lot for PvE only.. its ok for me.. never get mad about it.. i know a lot of PvE Players want content etc. so yeah its ok for me and i understand it.

    If a PvP Player ask for a Map, wrote a bugreport only for pvp or just the wish that they fix the scoreboard.. you see whats happend.. it ends with Drama.

    All i can say.. no need for that bc its all part of the Game if you are like it or not. PvE, PvP & Foundry.. all of them deserves an Ubdate from Time to Time. Thats my Opinion.
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • zippostylezippostyle Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hey there whats up? I have seen this post and I wanted to add some as well :)
    Dont think any1 knows me, i'm a newbie player who started playing STO 3/4 months ago and I'm really enjoing this game, you all can easy catch me on ESD zone chat speaking with Mycroft, 1 of the best STO players with a great knowledge of each Star Trek movies and series and he also speaks great of PvP and PvP in this game. Once I played a mission called Infected Space Borg and after it some1 posted some numbers in team chat and I have noticed, after asking what were those numbers, I made 6.500.000 damage and i was so happy coz i knew i did great in that run (if any1 wants any tips about making damage or piloting just contact me). Yesterday for example i used the newest Re-Engeneering for re-make some weapons and after just 3k dilithio spent i was able to make 3.000.000 energy credits in no time. (I can show u a screenshot if u dont believe me).
    After all of these i just want to add a really BAD experience i had when somebody draw me and I unfortunatly joined a PvP queue: wow, I got totally shocked, my 6.500.000 damage was nothing and also i got killed by uknown people (even the great Mycroft didnt know about any of them)... And after that traumatic match I just decided to never ever join again a PvP map and also helping new players to dont join it coz is so really hard as I noticed in that match, (I still cant sleep sometimes if i remember it :neutral:)... So in my opinion this thread is really bad, no1 should follow players who ask for PvP rewamp and nobody have to join any match because people in there clearly cheats (remember with my 6.500.000 damage i did nothing to them).
    So thats all for me, hope u will sometimes have a look of ESD Zone chat, cya in game fellas...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 56,066 Community Moderator
    daviddxx wrote: »
    a sidenote:

    Cryptic makes a lot for PvE only.. its ok for me.. never get mad about it.. i know a lot of PvE Players want content etc. so yeah its ok for me and i understand it.

    If a PvP Player ask for a Map, wrote a bugreport only for pvp or just the wish that they fix the scoreboard.. you see whats happend.. it ends with Drama.

    All i can say.. no need for that bc its all part of the Game if you are like it or not. PvE, PvP & Foundry.. all of them deserves an Ubdate from Time to Time. Thats my Opinion.

    The issue comes up when its calls for nerfs over things being OP in PvP, yet are balanced in PvE. Recently we had a thread about the console from the T6 Defiant. Got pretty heated there.

    The fact of the matter is the majority of the playerbase is PvE. And the way the game is set up, you can't nerf something for PvP without it having an impact on PvE. So its a balancing act to try and keep both in line with each other without adversely affecting one or the other.

    It is ok to have opinions, but when things start sounding spiteful... that's when the issues come up and everyone starts fortifying their camps.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • zippostylezippostyle Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    augm3nt wrote: »
    zippostyle wrote: »
    After all of these i just want to add a really BAD experience i had when somebody draw me and I unfortunatly joined a PvP queue: wow, I got totally shocked, my 6.500.000 damage was nothing and also i got killed by uknown people (even the great Mycroft didnt know about any of them)... And after that traumatic match I just decided to never ever join again a PvP map and also helping new players to dont join it coz is so really hard as I noticed in that match, (I still cant sleep sometimes if i remember it :neutral:)... So in my opinion this thread is really bad, no1 should follow players who ask for PvP rewamp and nobody have to join any match because people in there clearly cheats (remember with my 6.500.000 damage i did nothing to them).
    So thats all for me, hope u will sometimes have a look of ESD Zone chat, cya in game fellas...


    you obv dont understand how game mechanic works. if you want to improve yourself in pvp find me on ESD and for 200 mil. ec i will make you decent pvp player. cheers.

    Augi's spring pvp school starts on march 22nd. hurry up

    Wow so salty for nothing actually. What do you mean with "200mil"? everybody knows is impossible to get over 10 milions energy credits :smile::smile::smile:
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 56,066 Community Moderator
    edited March 2018
    zippostyle wrote: »

    Wow so salty for nothing actually. What do you mean with "200mil"? everybody knows is impossible to get over 10 milions energy credits :smile::smile::smile:

    10 mil is actually the F2P cap, that can be removed with some Zen. And if that was sarcasm...
    ixpYKbk0S4Qr18_JoLTQNVs5LnClSOvDyvag0XX-nE8G
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 56,066 Community Moderator
    Subnuc actually DOES work on NPCs. I've used it a lot on my sci's when I see the enemy NPC with buffs. Just like with players, it strips the buffs off.

    While it is true that some things have altered stats vs Players... it would be VERY hard to try and expand that to cover EVERYTHING, because you might have to make two sets of stats for practically every item in the game in order to balance PvP.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.