test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q's Winter Wonderland - Face the Kramp'Irhi!

Comments

• Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    bucklerpw wrote: »
    STO wants us to have a very merry demonic Christmas! Really? lol

This ain't Friday 13 nor Halloween. Who is the dope who thought about this idea? This is Christmas or light or life event not Dark or obscure holiday. There is a time for everything but this is the wrong time for this boss. Save it for Hearts and Minds or Halloween NOT Christmas.

These devs in Northern Ca really have gone bananas with this.

and yes.... MERRY CHRISTMAS! fox-2.gif​​

Krampus is as much a part of the Holiday as Saint Nick is. This Holiday is about Winter being half way over, Getting ready for the next few months of darkness and overcoming them. As such I believe that Krampus is a PERFECT addition to the Winter Event. B)

I hope you have a Happy Yule.

fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Were the Cherry Epohhs fixed for this year?
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Were the Cherry Epohhs fixed for this year?

Yes yes they did. Last Feb.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10408973-pc-patch-notes-for-2/23/17

fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Tonight is the time to unpack all the Winter gear for everyone. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Wow, this all looks great. Plus a new little pet that will still work after the event ends. Nice work and I agree that the Winter Event is the best event of the year. Really looking forward to this devs, nice job.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Does this mean they will fix all the other winter pets which don't work when the event is over?
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Does this mean they will fix all the other winter pets which don't work when the event is over?

Some of them aren't supposed to - like the snowman.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Well I wish my gummy fish would still work but alas.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    kyeo138kyeo138 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Where do you go to start this event? I'm only lvl33, is that enough?
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    bah humbug. no cherry elders and no competitive marks. Quiet year for me then. Just drink some nog's nog and hot chocolate by the lake.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    kyeo138 wrote: »
    Where do you go to start this event? I'm only lvl33, is that enough?
    Talk to Q in your faction HQ, 10 should be adequate.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I may have gotten drunk and fought the kramp'irhi only using a candy cane bat'leth... which I'm pretty sure means I won the winter event. also is it bad that he actually attacked me during that?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    I pass on a comment from my second favourite ex-Borg drone:-
    */* status update---
    --- still unable to get rid of cherry epohhs
    --- no one will take them
    --- drone is not surprised
    --- consider state of drone's deck plates after a year of un-house-trained cherry epohhs
    --- no one wants that
    --- query: do you know what cherry epohh TRIBBLE smells like
    --- --- drone does
    --- --- oh yes indeed, drone does */*
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Is the black nanopulse mek'leth supposed to be unupgradeable?
  • Options
    daverreondaverreon Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'd like to be able to see my progress on Mine, Mine, Mine! How many of each color that I've opened/need to open. More gift box drops would be nice :)
  • Options
    forumnametooforumnametoo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Man the voucher race is soo much frustration sauce, last year it took me six months before I felt like playing STO again I got so fed up with it all. It was ok until it became lame aggravation again today like it was last year, I hope it's not awful again tomorrow but there are other things to do so no big deal if I uninstall again. I regret buying that stuff over Thanksgiving though, I should have known better but I was having fun then and I thought the Krampus thing meant no more lousy race devfails, more fool me.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Man the voucher race is soo much frustration sauce, last year it took me six months before I felt like playing STO again I got so fed up with it all. It was ok until it became lame aggravation again today like it was last year, I hope it's not awful again tomorrow but there are other things to do so no big deal if I uninstall again. I regret buying that stuff over Thanksgiving though, I should have known better but I was having fun then and I thought the Krampus thing meant no more lousy race devfails, more fool me.

Is 2 minutes a day too boring and repetitive for you or do you actually have problems with running and winning the race?
    If the second option is true, see this thread (possibly among several like it): https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1236572/rattlers-annual-tips-and-tricks-thread/p1
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    wubblez#7779 wubblez Member Posts: 4 Cryptic Developer
    daverreon wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to see my progress on Mine, Mine, Mine! How many of each color that I've opened/need to open. More gift box drops would be nice :)

I agree! Why didn't I think of that earlier?! Arg... This will be fixed in the next patch!
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    daverreon wrote: »

I agree! Why didn't I think of that earlier?! Arg... This will be fixed in the next patch!

Thank you so much. Could you also possibly think about a more even distribution of the colors of presents? If you happen to play in a lower-population instance, with very few people taking on the Kramp'lhri, there are very few red presents, with a possibility for none for a whole fight.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Can we get a way to purchase Eppoh Tags for the winter event please? I don't know about any one else but, it sucks waiting 90 minutes just to get 4 tags. Between that and Cherry eppoh elders and adults not being tradeable, Q your winter blunderland is annoying the excrement out of me. #MAKEWINTEREVENTSFUNAGAIN!
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Can we get a way to purchase Eppoh Tags for the winter event please? I don't know about any one else but, it sucks waiting 90 minutes just to get 4 tags. Between that and Cherry eppoh elders and adults not being tradeable, Q your winter blunderland is annoying the excrement out of me. #MAKEWINTEREVENTSFUNAGAIN!

The Eppoh trade in should - at last - be fixed with today's patch. Will definitely see about that myself after the patch is over.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    satanachasatanacha Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I came back to try your winter event. Sadly after selecting my character it crashed at the loading screen for numerous times over several days. I will not be taking aprt in the winter event and will now spend any real money in other MMO's that do not crash and are stable enough that people can log onto. Would not have thought that was too much to ask, but seem to be beyond Cryptic's capabilities at the moment. I guess your coders will be on Santa's naughty list.
  • Options
    Does anyone know where the rules for this Krampus game are written down?

I saw a counter for freed gingerbread people....but have no clue what needs to be done to release them? And I finally figured out the darn thing moves around....

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1 wrote: »

I saw a counter for freed gingerbread people....but have no clue what needs to be done to release them? And I finally figured out the darn thing moves around....

It's in the blog linked in the first post. You beat on him and he drops presents, which may or may not contain a trapped Gingerbread person. The amount of commodities that you get at the end depends on how many times you make Kramp'Ihri flee (1 commodity per rout) and how many Gingerbread people you free (1 commodity for every 2 freed) giving it a somewhat random element.

The Cherry epohhs are now fixed, and this game honestly doesn't need more ways to get multiple choice marks boxes for essentially nothing, it needs less.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    Is the black nanopulse mek'leth supposed to be unupgradeable?
    Some of the nanopulse weapons from the earlier Winter Events could be upgraded. None of the nanopulse weapons currently in the Winter Event store can be upgraded now. It has been this way for a few years.

My friend has an Epic nanopulse bat'leth and I am seriously jealous.
  • Options
    anodynes wrote: »

It's in the blog linked in the first post. You beat on him and he drops presents, which may or may not contain a trapped Gingerbread person. The amount of commodities that you get at the end depends on how many times you make Kramp'Ihri flee (1 commodity per rout) and how many Gingerbread people you free (1 commodity for every 2 freed) giving it a somewhat random element.

Thank you.

But it is a moot point for me to figure out the rules, since I apparently caught some sort of illness and can not stay on the computer for long without getting eyestrain which ends with a horrible headache and chills.

The Cherry epohhs are now fixed, and this game honestly doesn't need more ways to get multiple choice marks boxes for essentially nothing, it needs less.

I don't see a problem with epohhs...some of us do not do group content but like to fill in all those bars.

• Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User

I don't see a problem with epohhs...some of us do not do group content but like to fill in all those bars.

I'm one of those who don't like group content but like to fill in those bars. My main problem is the fact that it takes up to 3 hours to get enough tags for one(1) eppoh! 3 [redacted] hours! On multiple toons that's [redacted]. I wouldn't mind if they even did what happened for the summer event. If we used the decorations/baubles to buy owl eggs or something and eppohs went to half value. I wouldn't mind that. Even bringing the competitive runs down to every 30 minutes would be OK, but 3 [redacted] hours!?! [Redacted] that [redacted]!
  • Options

I'm one of those who don't like group content but like to fill in those bars. My main problem is the fact that it takes up to 3 hours to get enough tags for one(1) eppoh! 3 [redacted] hours! On multiple toons that's [redacted]. I wouldn't mind if they even did what happened for the summer event. If we used the decorations/baubles to buy owl eggs or something and eppohs went to half value. I wouldn't mind that. Even bringing the competitive runs down to every 30 minutes would be OK, but 3 [redacted] hours!?! [Redacted] that [redacted]!

Most reputations don't require any group content to earn their marks. There are battlezones for Omega, Nukara, Romulan, Dyson, Undine, Delta, a minor amount of Iconian, Terran, Temporal and Lukari marks. All of those give marks for doing any part of them, which can all be done alone. The oonly marks that aren't available in those are also the only ones that make sense being in the races, Competitive.

At least in those battlezones, you're actually doing something to earn your marks that's related to what they're supposed to be for in the first place.

I would add here that some group content is essentially painless. Red Alerts offer choice of marks packages (though they really shouldn't, either) and they're really easy and quick. Nobody ever chats in Team chat, so you can pretend that they're just the AI helpers that you get in episodes. It's really not that bad of a way to get your marks.