test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q's Winter Wonderland - Face the Kramp'Irhi!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
Q is returning to Star Trek Online, and bringing Winter with him. This year, he's heard the Earth legends of the creature known as the Krampus, and combined it with horrifying Klingon demons. Are you prepared to face...the Kramp'Irhi?

For the first time, the Winter Event will run at the same time with the same rewards on both PC and Console!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10731454

Comments

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    This is a good dev blog. Krampus has been a part of my holiday for years, and it's nice to see him make an appearance in STO!​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Black nanopulse? That's okay, you can say Darksaber. ;)
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Umm, yeah... this caught my attention as well...

Black Nanopulse Mek’leth
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    angarus1 wrote: »
    Black nanopulse? That's okay, you can say Darksaber. ;)

Shhhhhhhh
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,920 Arc User
    He carried a bundle of birch branches to swat children with, as well a sack on his back reserved for those especially deserving of severe punishment and torture. His counterpart, “Saint Nicholas” would reward good children with sweets and presents, but this figure would give out coal.

Saint Nicholas? Great, now I have an excuse to bring Black Pete discussions to the Forum! :p
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

[6/12 9:59][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 24097 (13711) Physical Damage(Critical) to Elite Tactical Drone
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    This sounds interesting and all, but once I saw that pic of the Kramp'Irhi it was game over. I don't care what you do with the event, just

give

me

those

Digitigrade

LEGS!

I wants them!

Err, as I'm sure others do as well!

Could this mean there could possibly be a new option for Caitians and Ferasans? Maybe even added to the Aliengen for our alien characters? Please please please say it's at least possible.

Anyway, the event sounds fun and I can't wait to see what the new event ship is gonna be. :)
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I like it!.. I still think they should reverse from time to time the track on The Fastest Game on ice, to give it more difficulty, but seems nice!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I just showed this to my wife and she loves that Krampus is going to be in STO. I guess I won't see the computer now until January 18
  • Options
    grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Black Nanopulse Mek’leth... I'm there dude!
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,920 Arc User
    I hope the Mek'leth deals physical damage. The Nanopulse bat'leths and lirpa's look cool and all, but them dealing plasma damage instead of shield-ignoring physical damage is a bit disappointing.

Shield-ignoring damage is one of the few benefits melee builds have so I hope it gets that.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

[6/12 9:59][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 24097 (13711) Physical Damage(Critical) to Elite Tactical Drone
  • Options
    minecraftukminecraftuk Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    This is why the winter event is my favourite - it's the most creative bit of STO that they have, and really speaks to me as a huge lover of Christmas and the associated traditions. They always think of something new, those eggheads at Cryptic...I wonder what the ship'll be, though. I'd still be happy with either a T6 Plesh Brekk or the Bleth Choas. Anything new, I'm sure I'll still like :)
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    i would like to see all of the other things like sweaters and stuff when will be get information on that
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Sweet....I'm so looking forward to this..
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    That sounds nice and creative. I'm looking forward to it!

Just one little question... why is there a Swedish flag in the picture? Krampus isn't from Sweden but southern Germany and the former Austro-Hungarian countries. I know for Americans, "Europe" is one big country but... it's not pig-3.gif Sweden is actually quite far away from those countries - did you mean to display the European Union's flag? pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Black Nanopulse Mek’leth...

Change Title --> Moist
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    That sounds nice and creative. I'm looking forward to it!

Just one little question... why is there a Swedish flag in the picture?​

Heh, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. That, however, is not a flag. It's just one of the presents, shown from behind, that happens to look like the Swedish flag.

• Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Is the Mek’leth an account-wide unlock?..
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • Options
    qqqqii wrote: »
    Is the Mek’leth an account-wide unlock?..

I would guess it'll be like the other winter even weapons, you buy it from the event store.

• Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Sounds like a fun new spin on this event to keep it from becoming stale.
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I'm there.
    But will this replace something else?
    And is the creepy fangirl the Eppoh lady's goth little sister?
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @iamynaught said:
    > angrytarg wrote: »
    >
    > That sounds nice and creative. I'm looking forward to it!
    >
    > Just one little question... why is there a Swedish flag in the picture?​
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Heh, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. That, however, is not a flag. It's just one of the presents, shown from behind, that happens to look like the Swedish flag.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh... I absolutely did not see that, I thought Cryptic suggested Krampus is a Swedish story, given the blog text. I have to apologize to Cryptic for my unqualified comment xD
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    so I getfor last year, klingon fishing, this year hunting a klingon demon... some times I love this game.

oh and any chance this means we could get normal Mek’leths soon?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    any chance this is a dry-run for the return of the Fekkies in ViL? asking for a friend
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • Options
    talasivaritalasivari Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Gonna agree with Angry Targ - this is a clever and creative idea. Well done, devs. >:D
    Urtlolev of the Andorian Imperial Fleet
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    So we went from 'cute' borgified snowmen to now a freaking nightmare inducing demon. Q's getting dark! :D
    The STO Klingon demons have always been a scary looking bunch.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    ...Well, would ya look at that.

Set snowballs to kill. Let's do this.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    A Mek'leth? I'M IN.
    iamynaught wrote: »
    This sounds interesting and all, but once I saw that pic of the Kramp'Irhi it was game over. I don't care what you do with the event, just

give

me

those

Digitigrade

LEGS!

I wants them!

Err, as I'm sure others do as well!

Could this mean there could possibly be a new option for Caitians and Ferasans? Maybe even added to the Aliengen for our alien characters? Please please please say it's at least possible.

Anyway, the event sounds fun and I can't wait to see what the new event ship is gonna be. :)

I need them in my alien generator!
    nightken wrote: »
    so I getfor last year, klingon fishing, this year hunting a klingon demon... some times I love this game.

oh and any chance this means we could get normal Mek’leths soon?

I mean seriously. We need Mek'leths. And not the weird Discovery round ones either.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,201 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I was hoping for winter themed vanity items for a ship.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_