test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[All Platforms] Infinity Duty Officer Promotion - Introducing the Tzenkethi Dreadnought!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
We're bringing back some Duty Officer Packs you haven't seen in a while - and opening them will give you a chance at a T6 Starship, including the new Tzenkethi Dreadnought!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10735234

Comments

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    ~blinks~ That's a mean looking ship. o.O
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    So... I guess the first 6 tac console ship is a fact then.

And seriously... 1.45 shield modifier? Plus 5 forward weapon slots? Couldn't you make this thing more OP?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    On the new Tzenkethi Tzen-tar Dreadnought Carrier:
    "Hull Strength: 1.25 (33,000 at level 40, 37,950 at level 50 and 44,000 at level 60)
    Shield Modifier: 1.45"

That's very thin hulled, to the point that's the lowest hull of any Dreadnought carrier. The only dual-hangar carrier that's lower hulled is the Kar'fi and FT5-U Kar'fi puts them neck and neck. I'm pretty sure it has the thickest shields of any dual-hangar carrier, though.

Beyond the thin hull, it looks OP as heck. I guess we'll see what a vessel that can slot up to six Tactical console with 5 Fore and 2 Aft weapons can do, pending anyone opens one instead of going for a Connie or D7 anyways.

I'd probably base it around Disruptor or Phaser, then run the Counter-Comman Tac console to boost up Radiation damage of the console and trait, and then run either the Universal console or Heavy Turret from that set along side it for the Category 2 'Bonus' damage boost. That plus 5 Locators for juicy amounts of Crits should rip and tear.

I would definitely slap in a Trellium-D console into one of its two Engineering consoles though, and probably take at least the first armor Skill node to help keep this thing together (Dreadnought Carriers have no innate armor, unlike Dreadnought Cruisers.)
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Glad Cryptic is bringing back some old stuff. However, aren't some of those DOFF abilities somewhat obsolete now compared to when they originally released? The guaranteed 10 Lobi is nice, but the cost of acquiring Lobi & with it's restrictions, mostly per character, make Lobi stuff hyper-inflated in cost. Very VERY nice array of ship options though Cryptic for the winners! The Tzen-tar is a very impressive in appearance & has steadfast statistics minus the lackluster hull. What is the guessed percentage of winning a ship nowadays, 0.5%? Good luck to the gamblers! Cryptic has coded it that the odds are forever in your favor.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Re-reading the blog
    "Hangar Pets: Shuk-din Frigates
    [...]
    They may only be obtained if you own the Tzen-tar Dreadnought Carrier, but may be equipped on any starship that has a Hangar Bay."

Wait... What? Is this a copy-paste error, or are these the first frigate pets mountable on any ship with a hangar bay? @ambassadorkael#6946
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Any ship choice pack that includes the T6 Connie is meaningless. None come close to the price of that one, so you'd have to be crazy to choose any other ship.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Any ship choice pack that includes the T6 Connie is meaningless. None come close to the price of that one, so you'd have to be crazy to choose any other ship.

All about personal choice, yo. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    Are the odds better, worse or the same as a lockbox?
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    Are the odds better, worse or the same as a lockbox?

Odds work out about the same per Zen spent. A key costs you 112.5 Zen for a ~1% chance so you can extrapolate from that.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @dracounguis said:
    > Any ship choice pack that includes the T6 Connie is meaningless. None come close to the price of that one, so you'd have to be crazy to choose any other ship.

Depends on if you actually plan on keeping it.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @tom61sto said:
    > Re-reading the blog
    > "Hangar Pets: Shuk-din Frigates
    > [...]
    > They may only be obtained if you own the Tzen-tar Dreadnought Carrier, but may be equipped on any starship that has a Hangar Bay."
    >
    > Wait... What? Is this a copy-paste error, or are these the first frigate pets mountable on any ship with a hangar bay? @ambassadorkael#6946

I noticed that too, that is huge.
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    I have a question.....

The OLD rerun promotion packs.... The ones that included the caveat of "these packs will be eligible for any future Doff promotions"

Are these packs subject to this? 'cause if not I have a bank full of useless cardy packs...
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    sunseahl wrote: »
    I have a question.....

The OLD rerun promotion packs.... The ones that included the caveat of "these packs will be eligible for any future Doff promotions"

Are these packs subject to this? 'cause if not I have a bank full of useless cardy packs...

I'm pretty sure you have a pile of very limited value Cardassian DOff packs. "In addition to their return, purchasing and opening any of the above packs during this promotion will provide an extra bonus prize, on top of all the Duty Officer packs’ existing contents!" Unless the boxes you have are in a wrapper box (will have a tiny ship in the corner) you're out of luck. I tried opening older packs without a wrapper during 'Promotion!' events and got nothing except their usual contents.
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I wonder how much the DOFF packs will be in the C-Store...
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    lordgyor wrote: »
    > @dracounguis said:
    > Any ship choice pack that includes the T6 Connie is meaningless. None come close to the price of that one, so you'd have to be crazy to choose any other ship.

Depends on if you actually plan on keeping it.

Not really. Say you want a ship that's going for 300M; you going to open the box for a 300M ship? Or open it for the 1.4B ship, sell that ship then BUY your ship and make 1.1B on top of it? Hmm? :smirk: Even if you sold the T6 Connie for 700M (and it would sell instantly) you'd still get your ship and make 400M.

If Cryptic cared about having a variety of ships available on the Exchange, they'd keep the T6 Connie to a separate promotion.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I wonder how much the DOFF packs will be in the C-Store...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJYmyYzuTa8
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    That ship is insane, although the low hull rating seems very odd for a dreadnought.
    But 6 tac consoles possible, massive shields, 2 hangers, 5/2 weapon setup, Cmdr Tac seat.........dear god man.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    LOVE to get a few of those beauties !

I'll take a few shots at getting them.

Tiss the season tho - so restraint I must show. o:)

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    So these promo ships are pretty much T7 then?
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    That ship trait seems like it might be a bit too powerful if it triggers on every suitable boff ability without any kind of internal cooldown.

But then again it ties into the whole theme of OP or othewise desirable ships being used as carrots for the gamble boxes.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    This is a promo ship...not a lock box one...with the most OP stat we have so far. It ain't gonna sell for 300 mil EC. It will be close to the connie cost...if not more...if it's even available for sale at all.

Dude, it was just an example, you can change the prices and/or names in it to suit your desires. This make you happier?

"Not really. Say you want a ship that's going for X million; you going to open the box for a X million ship? Or open it for the Y billion ship, sell that ship then BUY your ship and make Y-X on top of it? Hmm? Even if you sold the Y billion ship for Z<Y but Z>X you'd still get your ship and make Q million."

Incorrect, the pack with the 26th century dreadnoughts is by far the most expensive. Do some searching and see.

Fine, then like I said above, the name of the real most expensive ship is mostly irrelevant. It was just an example. Some of you guys gets mired in the minutia and miss the real point. If there's a ship that costs more than other ships, then 'no one' opens those other ones generally. If someone takes you to a new car lot and says take any you want for free, you gonna pick the cheapest one you can find?
  • Options
    > @dracounguis said:
    > coldnapalm wrote: »
    >
    > This is a promo ship...not a lock box one...with the most OP stat we have so far. It ain't gonna sell for 300 mil EC. It will be close to the connie cost...if not more...if it's even available for sale at all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Dude, it was just an example, you can change the prices and/or names in it to suit your desires. This make you happier?
    >
    > "Not really. Say you want a ship that's going for X million; you going to open the box for a X million ship? Or open it for the Y billion ship, sell that ship then BUY your ship and make Y-X on top of it? Hmm? Even if you sold the Y billion ship for ZX you'd still get your ship and make Q million."
    >
    > mattjohnsonva wrote: »
    >
    > dracounguis wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Incorrect, the pack with the 26th century dreadnoughts is by far the most expensive. Do some searching and see.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Fine, then like I said above, the name of the real most expensive ship is mostly irrelevant. It was just an example. Some of you guys gets mired in the minutia and miss the real point. If there's a ship that costs more than other ships, then 'no one' opens those other ones generally. If someone takes you to a new car lot and says take any you want for free, you gonna pick the cheapest one you can find?

Maybe not the cheapest, but if I plan to keep it, I will definitely pick the most appropriate for my lifestyle. Using your example of a car lot, if I go pick out, say, a Lotus Elise, and I live out in the country on a dirt road, I'm an idiot because it will literally sit there and do nothing for most of its life because there is no use for it and no use case for it. It's a complete waste.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    That ship is insane, although the low hull rating seems very odd for a dreadnought.
    But 6 tac consoles possible, massive shields, 2 hangers, 5/2 weapon setup, Cmdr Tac seat.........dear god man.

I don't quite get the complaints/questions about the low hull. It has to have at least 1 weakness, if such a ship can be said to have any. It follows in the mold of both other Tzenkethi ships, to the extent that I think the shield and hull stats are equal to the Battlecruiser. The first part of my comment is also for @nommo, you can't have evrything in a single ship.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I just realized that this ship kind of looks like Thor's hammer.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    darkmatter909#7994 darkmatter909 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Need some help please as I am still new to the game. If i got one of these special ship choice packs which one should i choose? I keep reading about this connie ship, but do i get that in the 23rd century ship pack or a chance at it and i cld end up with something else.
    I’ve been reading what you veteran players have said above about the tzenkethi ship and it sounds great. But as someone still learning the game they will all propably be awesome to me. So i guess what are the top recommends from this pack and a short why?
    Thanks for any help! I’ve been trying to read up on stuff but there is a lot to this game compared to other mmo’s i’ve played.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    All of us gambling away & it is probably already encoded by Cryptic who the winners & losers are LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    > @darkmatter909#7994 said:
    > Need some help please as I am still new to the game. If i got one of these special ship choice packs which one should i choose? I keep reading about this connie ship, but do i get that in the 23rd century ship pack or a chance at it and i cld end up with something else.
    > I’ve been reading what you veteran players have said above about the tzenkethi ship and it sounds great. But as someone still learning the game they will all propably be awesome to me. So i guess what are the top recommends from this pack and a short why?
    > Thanks for any help! I’ve been trying to read up on stuff but there is a lot to this game compared to other mmo’s i’ve played.

The 23rd Century Ship pack is faction specific. If you open it on a Fed character, you get a Connie. KDF gets a D7. Rommies get a T'liss.

Things I want in STO: