test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will there be a c-store T6 Connie

Comments

• Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    I actually know someone who had a Connie/D7/tliss in the box still he cant decide which toon to put it on
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    No, this game won't provide the most classic ship you could fly in Star Trek without sacrificing your first born, right arm, and second born to get it. It's a shame really cause featuring classics like that could draw more people in but there's money to be made and they'd rather do it with lock boxes/keys/promos than actual good game content that has people filling up queues for PvE and PvP. That train left long ago.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    No, this game won't provide the most classic ship you could fly in Star Trek without sacrificing your first born, right arm, and second born to get it. It's a shame really cause featuring classics like that could draw more people in but there's money to be made and they'd rather do it with lock boxes/keys/promos than actual good game content that has people filling up queues for PvE and PvP. That train left long ago.

You can get a t1 constitution for cheap in the c-store.

That's like saying you can get a matchbox car and drive it down the highway.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I've had that T6 Selection Pack from the Infinity R&D Promotion Pack since last December. It keeps getting more choices as it ages.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    The real reason it was made so rare was if many had it, it would suppress the sale of a sh*t-ton of other ships.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    I doubt that applies to an endgame Constitution. People would get it regardless if they felt 'special' about it.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Sorry, not so. All sorts and number of people just wanted that ship period.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

You can get a t1 constitution for cheap in the c-store.

That's like saying you can get a matchbox car and drive it down the highway.
    Not quite. A matchbox car can't be driven down a road wheras a T1 Constitution can be used in 99%+ of the content in the game. A better comparison would be to say...

"That's like saying you can get a 1997 Toyota Tercel instead of a brand new Ferrari and drive it down the highway."

Now this is a correct comparison which better illustrates what Druk was saying. Nobody was born with a right to own a Ferrari. But almost anyone could afford a 20 year old used compact car.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    This is not the glitterati here that wouldn't be caught dead on the Red Carpet with the same dress as another glitterati. I couldn't give two sh*ts if anybody or everybody had the same ship. The Constitution and other 'hero' ships people just want. Galaxy is available in the C-Store, NX in the Lobi Store. People get them because they want THAT ship.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I believe Cryptic when they say no C-store Connie.
    Just like I believed them when they said...
    ...No endgame Connie
    ...No Fed Cloaking
    ...C-store is for cosmetic items only
    :D
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    People are not asking for a c-store version to be exactly the same as the promo version, promo ships get special and extra features and setups which c-store ships do not which makes them more appealing.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    What argument? I am just stating a fact. I couldn't care less if they added a c-store version as I am not interested in this ship at all, I don't care for TOS content.

Promo ships usually get things over other ships because why else would people buy them for such higher prices if there was no incentive to?
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    avoozuul wrote: »
    What argument? I am just stating a fact. I couldn't care less if they added two versions as I am not interested in this ship at all, I couldn't care less for TOS content.

Even if *you* don't, literally like 90% of players wanted a T6-Constitution back then with many still hoping to get one after a year. And the T6-Connie we actually got after 7 years of STO has always been somewhat controversial. Especially since just a few months prior we got the KT-lockbox which already inflicted heavy whining throughout the community.

The Jackpot of that R&D-promo was extremely sought after and probably still is (dunno, got one back in the day and didn't even try to get more for my non-SF-mains). It's about the most iconic things Trek ever fielded afterall.

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    It's the reason I stop playing the game and haven't spent a dime on it in over a year.

For six and a half years I had gladly invested a very large portion my monthly entertainment funds on STO acquiring the new ships and 99% of everything in the C-Store as well as a Lifetime Membership.
    (though very little of it was spent on the gambling aspects of the game)

My disappointment with the T-6 Constitution rollout, ended all that.

Their loss.
    <shrug>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    i think they should release a t4 version. they are viable enough at end game
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

Barely
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options

Umm... may be pre-Delta Rising.
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Barely

Umm... may be pre-Delta Rising.

Umm...yeah no. A T4 is WAY more than enough. The t1 we currently have if you are a bad gamer...sure.

Mechanically, STO is mostly about numbers and numbercrunching when it comes to actual performance. Be it stats or damage/heal-output.

I don't doubt that you can do something with a T4 in the higher-end content of STO, but it's not gonna be too much. And imagine you run a queued PVE that's meant for T6-stuff with a T4 and everybody else also is in a T4. Might be possible with the right builds, but eventually it's really really dumb.
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    You do realize we have advanced queues being run with all t1 ships...right?

I'm certain that these are coordinated teams aiming for a challenge.
  • Options
    And today's flash sale is all T5 Ships 30% off and come with free Upgrade Tokens. So scr*w the T4s and get a T5 instead.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2017
    When people are asking even remotely close to a billion energy credit for any T6 Ship I think it's rather insane so I let them keep it; but as long as there are people out there willing to pay such a high price they'll ask for it.

Still if something is offered in the lockbox you'll likely never see it available in the CSTORE.

Given the popularity of the Constitution from the Kelvin timeline they likely considered it - but given they resisted a T5 Connie for year's the fact we even saw a T6 Kelvin Connie was a miracle. Still claiming technology advanced 150 year's almost overnight (cause in the prime timeline federation scientists and engineers just eat tacos and play dabo all day) - although I suspect they'd claim given it's a temporal cruiser it likely has more recent technology. The Kelvin Connie is more a temporal ship made to look like the Constitution from that timeline that it actually is the ship itself. ;)

Thankfully while there is the appeal for the Kelvin Connie... Surely there are still many very highly capable CSTORE ships or Fleet variations that work just as well.

Those who claimed earlier just get a Kelvin Connie for free from the exchange with a little skill... Sure it's possible. Yet unless your willing to buy 250+ lockbox key's open them and sell the items your chances of raising the half a billion or more energy credit's takes considerable time 40 items at a time.
    0zxlclk.png