bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    As long as they keep the film grain to themselves.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    It'll be Hearts and Minds again.
    While it's a short, fast mission, I think they should consider updating it a bit with new rewards or even a little twist to break the repetitiveness a bit.

And I'm all up for a Captain Proton mission (or more), even if it's unrelated to Halloween.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    good idea they ll probably do it till friday
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Captain Proton... sure why not. Would be even better with a brief VO from Tom Paris.

This topic comes up every October.
    Been some good ideas in the past.

I liked the derelict freighter idea that was floated by someone last year. (Basically you gotta go in with EV suits and flashlights because all systems are offline.) The mood of the mission would be a similar feel to Dead Space/Event Horizon/Aliens

You'd be tasked with restoring power in the different ship sections, while also trying to uncover the mystery of what killed/incapacitated the entire crew.

You'd learn what happened to the crew by finding various crew logs aboard the ship. (Sort of like artifacts in Resident Evil/Last of Us/Dead Space). There'd be multiple logs for each crew member, and they'd go from regular duty notes/boring stuff, to something more and more sinister as you realize something terrible has happened aboard this ship.

Could have an immediate threat like the crew is in a zombie state and must be put down. PeWPeW.
    Or more of an "Aliens" angle where we zap bugs as we go.

End of the mission has you haul the freighter to a Section 31 base and held in quarantine. "For study"

In following years if they ever wanted to continue on with the story, they could pick it back up at the Section 31 base. Quarantine failed and similar chaos ensues. The base suddenly goes offline, and no longer responds to hails.
    Of course you'd be sent in to investigate since you're the only one with experience on the matter. And one of the few people in Starfleet to know about the situation and what happened on the freighter.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    For this, just do Heart and Minds.

But for the feel of Halloween...

I'll just say...

Bonnie-kens. Bonnie-kins. Dressed... all... in... red...
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    It'll be Hearts and Minds again.
    While it's a short, fast mission, I think they should consider updating it a bit with new rewards or even a little twist to break the repetitiveness a bit.

And I'm all up for a Captain Proton mission (or more), even if it's unrelated to Halloween.

Yet another clone of Dr. Sibak in my DOFF roster... Don't think i'm going to run it this year.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    We do need a new Halloween thing. Something more interesting.

For instance since they have drawn a few things from books (Luna and Vesta classes) they could draw some inspiration from the Invasion crossovers with the Furies.

star-trek-novel-invasion-series.jpg?w=500
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

For instance since they have drawn a few things from books (Luna and Vesta classes) they could draw some inspiration from the Invasion crossovers with the Furies.

great now I want to reread those. well, I have a couple days off to do so.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I want to see a true terror episode.

Say the Enterprise-B gets found after so long adrift. The PC's ship is sent to investigate and board the ship to find out what happened. Something interferes with the transporter so you have to shuttle in. The ship is empty and power is fluctuating like crazy. Any Vulcan or other psi-active character or BOFF starts seeing and hearing things once the party reaches the bridge. Starts saying that everyone needs to clear out now. Lights go dark. Laughter.

Too late. What started as a run of the mill STO mission just went full Event Horizon. See you on the other side, captain.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I could go for more of a halloween contest that is linked to the foundry, in which players can make halloween an then submit them, while then the player-base can play a set of the missions during the month of october an vote on which of them they liked the best. Each year could have different themes that the creators make the mission with in mind. Using this you could have the winners of the contest added to the rooster of friday the 13th missions that are playable, maybe even have them updated with some visual updates. I personally would love to see something like a Lovecraftian/cosmic horror style missions, though I could also see a mission using the Devidian as interesting, or a night of the living dead style mission in which a virus is released on Kobali prime causing many of the Kobali to turn into true zombies seeking to devour other Kobali that are hold up in the Kobali temple.

Though for specifically halloween type event I would really like to see a full on halloween event. Something like three main factions (KDF, Fed, Romulan) are being attacked by monsters/creatures/beings from their history or mythology (like the Fek'Ihri for the Klingons in the KDF), with these creatures than attacking the main faction's homeworlds in a new stf, which has the type of enemy an mechanics of the stf depend on which homeworld you are task to defend. While the players could than thru doing missions an events in a halloween zone that these enemies are both linked to each other, and also to the Hur'q as well. This could be used as a nice enjoyable event for players, while also to tie up the loose end that happens in the end of the Fek'Ihri story arc for the KDF.
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    I've mentioned an idea before where The Player boards a derelict, where the outcome (either ship is empty, or inhabited by some other faction, or even by Cosmozoans...something other than just re-skinned Swarmers, btw) was decided by your dialogue with your BOFFs.
  • Options
    If the foundry was up and I had more time, I'd definitely see what I could do with this. Though with how things are setup with it. It would only be one set of enemies. Well in the linear progression of the story any how. I'd have to toy around and see what I could do outside of that.

Though I may still toy around with this idea. Just for the potential to have some holiday episodes in the foundry, that only appear during the month of that holiday.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    asuran14 wrote: »
    I could go for more of a halloween contest that is linked to the foundry, in which players can make halloween an then submit them, while then the player-base can play a set of the missions during the month of october an vote on which of them they liked the best. Each year could have different themes that the creators make the mission with in mind. Using this you could have the winners of the contest added to the rooster of friday the 13th missions that are playable, maybe even have them updated with some visual updates. I personally would love to see something like a Lovecraftian/cosmic horror style missions, though I could also see a mission using the Devidian as interesting, or a night of the living dead style mission in which a virus is released on Kobali prime causing many of the Kobali to turn into true zombies seeking to devour other Kobali that are hold up in the Kobali temple.

Though for specifically halloween type event I would really like to see a full on halloween event. Something like three main factions (KDF, Fed, Romulan) are being attacked by monsters/creatures/beings from their history or mythology (like the Fek'Ihri for the Klingons in the KDF), with these creatures than attacking the main faction's homeworlds in a new stf, which has the type of enemy an mechanics of the stf depend on which homeworld you are task to defend. While the players could than thru doing missions an events in a halloween zone that these enemies are both linked to each other, and also to the Hur'q as well. This could be used as a nice enjoyable event for players, while also to tie up the loose end that happens in the end of the Fek'Ihri story arc for the KDF.

Sounds pretty great. Liking the mythology angle myself.
    Lore + scary stuff, would make for a fun mini holiday mission.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    highlord83 wrote: »
    I want to see a true terror episode.

Say the Enterprise-B gets found after so long adrift. The PC's ship is sent to investigate and board the ship to find out what happened. Something interferes with the transporter so you have to shuttle in. The ship is empty and power is fluctuating like crazy. Any Vulcan or other psi-active character or BOFF starts seeing and hearing things once the party reaches the bridge. Starts saying that everyone needs to clear out now. Lights go dark. Laughter.

Too late. What started as a run of the mill STO mission just went full Event Horizon. See you on the other side, captain.

Perfect.
    Wish they'd go ahead and devote some resources to something like this.

Could be a short mission..
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Here's another simple idea...

Get the player to go trick or treating.. Give them a list of 13 npc's to go visit (each will give you a different gift for coming to see them).
    The npc's could be dressed up in cheesy Halloween costumes during the event. They'd even tell you a little story about some of myth and horrors from their homeworlds...

Some NPC's would opt to trick you though, and spawn in a few enemies for you to clobber. Other will give you goodies..

Examples of goodies:
    Ferengi on Drozana gives you 13 lobi
    Security officer on ESD gives you 13 Contraband
    Worf on First City gives you a trick ! a Holodeck simulation of Fek'Ihri, you defeat them, he gives you a ceremonial bat'leth..

Ect ect..

There's many possibilities.

The trick or treat list could even come in the form of an endeavor task.

It's a simple idea, and would get players moving about in the game to 13 different areas.

A foundry creator could probably easily whip this up (minus the rewards)..
    I even have a Foundry mission name for it they could use;

"Trek or Treat"
    Post edited by taylor1701d on
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Captain Proton... sure why not. Would be even better with a brief VO from Tom Paris.

I liked the derelict freighter idea that was floated by someone last year. (Basically you gotta go in with EV suits and flashlights because all systems are offline.) The mood of the mission would be a similar feel to Dead Space/Event Horizon/Aliens

You'd be tasked with restoring power in the different ship sections, while also trying to uncover the mystery of what killed/incapacitated the entire crew.

You'd learn what happened to the crew by finding various crew logs aboard the ship. (Sort of like artifacts in Resident Evil/Last of Us/Dead Space). There'd be multiple logs for each crew member, and they'd go from regular duty notes/boring stuff, to something more and more sinister as you realize something terrible has happened aboard this ship.

Could have an immediate threat like the crew is in a zombie state and must be put down. PeWPeW.

End of the mission has you haul the freighter to a Section 31 base and held in quarantine. "For study"

In following years if they ever wanted to continue on with the story, they could pick it back up at the Section 31 base. Quarantine failed and similar chaos ensues. The base suddenly goes offline, and no longer responds to hails.
    Of course you'd be sent in to investigate since you're the only one with experience on the matter. And one of the few people in Starfleet to know about the situation and what happened on the freighter.

Yeah, scatter some of the "new Klingon" dead torn up bodies around in the dark corridors, there and it would double as a "ST:Discovery" mission.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1 wrote: »

Yeah, scatter some of the "new Klingon" dead torn up bodies around in the dark corridors, there and it would double as a "ST:Discovery" mission.

And an homage to TOS The Undiscovered Country. Nice.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Considering the Nexus recently appeared in-game, I had an idle thought the other day pertaining to how interesting it might be if there were an 'anti-nexus'.

The Nexus we know was described, by Guinan, as "being inside joy", a place where all of a person's desires become reality.

So what if there is a lesser known 'negative' Nexus - a place where all of a person's nightmares become a reality? I guess the only problem with this is, in story terms, our characters would all experience the same nightmare. But perhaps it might work if it were something generic, like our character experiencing the Alliance having lost the war with the Iconians, Earth having being destroyed, all allied planets annexed, and both New Romulus and Qo'noS conquered. And the objective would simply be to find a way out of it.

Anyway, as I said, was only an idle thought.

I already do this. Everything after Breen invasion is just a bad trip within the Nexus. Or you could use where they currently have Beyond the Nexus placed for this. As the episode before or after Temporal Ambassador.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    The perfect Halloween DOff, Deanna Troi, when on your active roster, you gain the ability to have your ship crash.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    The perfect Halloween DOff, Deanna Troi, when on your active roster, you gain the ability to have your ship crash.​​

Ehhh. I mean, the crash was already happening. She managed to bring the saucer section down in a casualty-less landing. I'd say that's a pretty successful flight.
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I like the Captain Proton idea for a Halloween but would be very happy if they gave the robot as a prize pet.

I really like the derelict ship idea as well. I would suggest though that they use a new haunting musical score for it.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

rattler2 wrote: »

Right.

You get a subspace message to report to a space station or planet.

You beam down. You get attacked by............CLONES OF ME!!!!!! * dramatic music *

You get BOFF version of me, and your ship blows up for no reason after telling me not to touch that button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk5jM8JUzPo
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.