test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVE player quiting

X__X Very tired when many player are juste Quiting the PVE When mission are little fails and not continue the battle .... after we miss lot of power to continue for not be punished when we get out the pve

https://imgur.com/a/spdjV after you stuck alone to battle to do nothing

Comments

• velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Unless your team has enough DPS to complete Optional, many players will just quit the run because, in their mind, it's a waste of time to do the run for less that full amount of rewards. Plus, many players are tired of seeing player--who truly belong in Normal PvEs--attempt Advanced or Elite PvEs with ships and gear that are not up for the challenge. This happens more so in the Borg PvEs since many players have had bad experiences over the life of these runs. My suggestion would be to put together a Private team and run the PvEs. I would note that all players on that team should have at least 10K DPS so that you are able to complete the Optionals. I would also suggest that you try getting into any of the DPS channels to join or form Private teams with players who should have enough DPS get through the PvEs.

Pug Lyfe: When you enter a random PvE and players rage quit when Optionals are not met.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    renards90 wrote: »
    X__X Very tired when many player are juste Quiting the PVE When mission are little fails and not continue the battle .... after we miss lot of power to continue for not be punished when we get out the pve

Ive had that happen once or twice.. Last time that Happened I and one other guy just blew everything up from our respective sides..We both were around 50k dps so it was no thing 3 pugs warped away..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    This has been a thing since way back when we had the Elite version of the Borg Queues. Back when all we had were level 40 promotion ships. Back when pulling 10K dps was top end.

Which you can still does these with that old setup. As long as you know the tactics to them.

Rather funny that now 10K dps is the standard minimum, and most still can't complete the optionals in the advanced versions. I'd hate to see how they would fare in the old Elite versions.

Mm5NeXy.gif
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Saw the title and came in here ready to ask for your stuff, lol

As for quitting queues, every MMO has that happen, though most others I've played have a way to replace the leavers ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There's no Congressional Medal of Honor types here, that's for sure. Slightest bump and they are out.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I'll admit if its CCA i'll leave and requeue as there's no leavers penalty.

However any other queue i'll only leave if the time required out weights the rewards gained from completion i.e if the team absolutely sucks and i'm left to do all the work but in doing so pull all the aggro and end up going boom over and over which is no fun

Ah the good old days of pugging Elite Borg STF'S pre reputation and having 45 min plus ISA runs. And playing ring around the transformer with the Spheres.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    A couple weeks ago I got stuck in an Undine Assault (Adv) queue alone. I can solo a lane, and I did, three times before popping the planet killer solo. Also closed all the errant rifts for the optional. It was worth it just to realize I never needed those sucky players’ help anyway. When life throws you an obstacle, op, use it as an opportunity.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I'm a quitter and proud of it. I regularly rage quit ISA if people are either trolling or so oblivious to simple targeting/mission instructions of such an easy mission that requires so little DPS and only a tiny bit of coordination.

If it's an honest optional fail, that's alright, then there was challenge and my main or alt failed to carry the team, I enjoy those STFs the most, and obviously play it to the end and still may say good try.

Otherwise, no, in bad teams being the sole person to keep the optional alive isn't doing such perpetual noobs any favor, and quitting is actually helping them realize how pathetic they are with all the power they bring to the mission that's 100% wasted because they fail to apply themselves in the least.

It's also a game, people have fun mashing the space bar, role playing, and the overall game difficulty has to also cater to ultra casual gamers and so may fail to challenge and instruct them appropriately to make it as fun as possible.

It's why I drift towards PvP online games that aren't pay to win and where game balance is taken seriously as much as possible with all the existing limits of hardware (ping advantages, frames per sec, etc.).

This game should simply replace the leavers with random other players who agree to join a match mid-game - the NPCs could care less. When it's PvP, and the game balance demands on having equal teams of equal skill players, then yes, quitters do ruin the game entirely for others, and automated measures are in place there to ban such players in increasing severity up to permanent competitive bans.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    I just continue through. Sometimes It can feel really nice that I, and whomever is left, manage to do fairly well to down right awesome, despite the ragers.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Really depends on why an optional was failed. I never quit, but if someone fails the optional because he overestimates himself (by trying to solo one side in ISA for example and coming not even close to succeeding) I just wait and let them clean up the mess they've created.

I mean, I don't want to get in their way if they want to solo half the mission ;) Even if they can't.

It's different of course if the team is trying to save an optional but fails because of bad luck, lack of power or anything. That happens. Then it's not a problem imo. I just don't like people who ruin half the mission for the entire team because they think they're everything - especially when they clearly aren't that.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    The only time I've quit a mission recently, was in Gravity Kills and that was because half the team wasn't moving or just shooting enemies without bothering to deliver particles.

In such a case I reserve the right to leave. As I'm not going to do everything by myself; I think it's a reasonable expectation for teammates to read the objectives and at least try to help with completing them.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Rage quitters are people whose parents didn't spank them enough when they were small.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Ah the good old days of pugging Elite Borg STF'S pre reputation and having 45 min plus ISA runs. And playing ring around the transformer with the Spheres.

Ahh the good ole days. When you about jumped out of you chair in joy, when you saw a Sci officer in your team. Especially if they said, "Yes, I have grav well." Even more so if it was an ISE or KSE.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I really hate those people who decide "Oh we failed the optional? YOU ALL FAIL AT LIFE! LERN 2 PLAY N00B! GTFO MY GAME YOU *BLEEP*" and quit. I also hate people who make like they are flying God's Own Anti-SOB Machine and know everything... and all they do is sit there doing shtako for damage and criticizing everyone else's skills. I've even seen someone decide to just leech on purpose because we didn't measure up to their "standards" and didn't help out at all.

I once had a pretty terrible Infected run. Literally the second we failed the optional, our "big gun" ranted at us for failing the mission and left. Guess what happened after that? We finished anyways. We were a little low on the DPS side, but when I started to actually coordinate through chat, we got our act together and beat it.

If people would actually help others who are struggling rather than insulting their intelligence or family... maybe things would be a helluva lot better. Constructive criticism is better than insults. Allows a player to learn their weak points and grow from the experience. Insults just lower self esteem and make a player less likely to grow and learn.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    You are misinterpreting what 'Quit' means. It is quitting a PVE Queue NOT the game, so there is no stuff to haz.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »
    You are misinterpreting what 'Quit' means. It is quitting a PVE Queue NOT the game, so there is no stuff to haz.

I don't think he cares...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    renards90 wrote: »

It's not that bad. I have a 90-95% success ratio in pugs.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I really hate those people who decide "Oh we failed the optional? YOU ALL FAIL AT LIFE! LERN 2 PLAY N00B! GTFO MY GAME YOU *BLEEP*" and quit. I also hate people who make like they are flying God's Own Anti-SOB Machine and know everything... and all they do is sit there doing shtako for damage and criticizing everyone else's skills. I've even seen someone decide to just leech on purpose because we didn't measure up to their "standards" and didn't help out at all.

I once had a pretty terrible Infected run. Literally the second we failed the optional, our "big gun" ranted at us for failing the mission and left. Guess what happened after that? We finished anyways. We were a little low on the DPS side, but when I started to actually coordinate through chat, we got our act together and beat it.

If people would actually help others who are struggling rather than insulting their intelligence or family... maybe things would be a helluva lot better. Constructive criticism is better than insults. Allows a player to learn their weak points and grow from the experience. Insults just lower self esteem and make a player less likely to grow and learn.

Agreed.

Funny thing is, usually it's the better players that fail the optionals in ISA. At least in my experience. The kind of players who think they're above the rest of the team and too good to be near them or anything like that and who try to solo one side of the map.

If it works, that's great, makes things easier for all of us. If it doesn't work however, I just help out at the left side and wait for the solo guy to clean up the mess he created by himself. I like seeing players who over-estimate themselves get blown up and struggle, especially if they fail the optional for the rest of the team when that was completely unnecessary. And when they know damn well what they're doing and, despite that, still decide to take unnecessary risks to the detriment of their fellow players.

I have no problems with people who are trying their best or even just trying to learn and then fail or make a mistake. Usually I can compensate for those kind of players. It's different with the egotistical ones though. And usually it's not hard to tell them apart, recognise whether it's just a newer player or someone who definitely does know better but just doesn't care that he's potentially ruining half the mission for the rest of us.

• e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Funny thing is, usually it's the better players that fail the optionals in ISA. At least in my experience. The kind of players who think they're above the rest of the team and too good to be near them or anything like that and who try to solo one side of the map.

How is that the "better player"? In my experience, it's almost always a troll or a player who has no idea what he/she is doing who peels off to the opposite side in ISA.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I never quit, but sometimes that game quits on me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Disconnects are a part of gaming, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGUsRGuZb6k
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    edited October 2017
    Yes, abandon the Alamo, pull out of Thermopylae, surrender Bastogne. Nuts!!!

'Go, tell the Spartans, thou who passest by,
    That here obedient to their laws we fled.'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    e30ernest wrote: »

How is that the "better player"?

They usually don't fail or get killed immediately :)

Not stating an equivalence, it was really way over the top but to make a point about quiters.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User