What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server fall down, go boom?!?

124»

Comments

• Options
    scarletscar#2273 scarletscar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    any devs around able to give us an estimated time on fix since its been over an hour ish now. stead of waiting here trying to log in.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Yeah, I was logging off for the night but a Razer update wanted me to restart so I shut the client down instead of just going to the Character Select Screen. Mistake.

Twitter had the same message as Facebook blaming Captain Geordi.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    ltminns wrote: »
    Yeah, I was logging off for the night but a Razer update wanted me to restart so I shut the client down instead of just going to the Character Select Screen. Mistake.

Even if you tried going to the character select screen the end result would have been the same... it wouldn't have been able to find any characters associated with your login.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

Captain Geordi did mention, while Chief of Engineering on the Enterprise-D, that he didn't want to be a 'Miracle Worker'. Could this be his revenge?
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    So here I am, trying to get in some leveling & claim items before the Server goes down in the morning, but the Server Is Down! I've been trying for over a half an hour to get in.
    IF you guys can't get the server back up in the next couple of hours, would you PLEASE extend the times for claiming the TNG uniforms & Shuttles?
    Please?
    Thank you.

Yea you got your wish it was always till the 5th but that's up until maintenance.. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    dbeiswengerdbeiswenger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @dbeiswenger said:
    > They wont fix it tonight. Too much work. Wouldn't want to strain something.

6 years of playing & they have never let a crash go overnight

Still not fixed.
  • Options
    jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    At one point the server status was down, then a few minutes later it was up. Either way you can't log in.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User

Captain Geordi did mention, while Chief of Engineering on the Enterprise-D, that he didn't want to be a 'Miracle Worker'. Could this be his revenge?

If it is, someone throw him out and requisition an overweight Scotsman with a mustache from Personnel...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    IT"S BACK!! HURRY!!!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 10,347 Community Moderator
    The half dozen login server issue threads have all been merged here.

tUxKHgA.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    No official word but i have no problems login in and access characters so far.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    lordkylix47lordkylix47 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thx for getting the servers back by midnight!

Btw, is Worf (Holo) gonna be around till the 5th?
    And what happened to my thread/post?
    [SIGPIC]Dark Lord Kylix[/SIGPIC]
    Vice Admiral Dromund Kylix, U.S.S. Imperator, Emissary-class Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser
    Commander P'Jem Kylix
    Kami Zenatra Kylix
  • Options
    renards90renards90 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Me I wait he can Fix the episode .. im stuck on one I finish and I cant not go where I can do butterfly the e[isode are black I cant not lauch
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    renards90 wrote: »
    Me I wait he can Fix the episode .. im stuck on one I finish and I cant not go where I can do butterfly the e[isode are black I cant not lauch

I'm not sure I follow. You need to go somewhere for the Butterfly mission but can't go there? Or can't you pick the mission up?

Edit: Also, the servers are down for maintenance and will be for the next three hours and change, so if it's because you can't launch the game... well, that was preplanned and has been announced both in game, here in the forum and on various social media.
    For more see here.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »

so why wasn't there a short message on here saying it is fixed as well? It doesn't matter now though since as you mention it's fixed.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    ...And what happened to my thread/post?

It was merged into an almost identical thread on the same subject.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!