test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server fall down, go boom?!?

Comments

• paulkincaidepaulkincaide Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Looks like if you change characters or log out, you're done. I'm hearing from other folks on other threads that this is what's happening to them.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    What if i told you I was online in sto right now

I would believe you because I was actively playing my secondary account on a laptop when I attempted to log into my primary STO account on my PC. I am still playing my secondary account, however, when I started the launcher on my laptop and it indicates the server is offline.
  • desslock#3614 desslock Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    It's down for me, too
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @avoozuul said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @avoozuul said:
    > > I was also hoping to do my last KM run for my last third mark but oh well.
    >
    > The event ended at 11 AM, long over by now.
    >
    >
    >
    > I thought it was supposed to end during the 3rd in American time, and my country reaches the 3rd before Americans, so I figured it was still on.

I'm Midwest America, it ended this morning , and the blog clearly says Oct 2nd is the end date.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10645624-kobayashi-maru-weekend!
    Ah, looks like I've let the in-game calender confuse me again, it always shows it as one day ahead.

• Yup, having same issue. Thankfully I was only doing some shopping. Then I tried to mail something and nothing. Thinking that logging out then back in will fix the problem.....Well, Now can't log back in.
  • bwhortonbwhorton Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Same with me brief green light returned then back too red
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    What if i told you I was online in sto right now

I would believe you because I was actively playing my secondary account on a laptop when I attempted to log into my primary STO account on my PC. I am still playing my secondary account, however, when I started the launcher on my laptop and it indicates the server is offline.

Light was Green, but I had to type in password, though it said login servers were down. Then I checked on it again, and it was Red again. Sheesh.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    if i go on the light is green but its not letting me sign in so somethings definately not correct. after it rejects then it turns red LOL.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I think the problem only exists for those who TRY to logout and then only have problems when they need to reach the account server to log back in. :'(
    0zxlclk.png
  • generalkertag#2364 generalkertag Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    yep, classic craptic action....you would figure with all the advances is internet technology that keeping super small servers up and running would not be difficult, world of tanks doesn't have this problem, neither does DDO, WoW does rarely, never had this problem on a steam game, seriously, how hard can it be to keep up with current technology, especially since one of the games on here is responsible for inspiring the majority of what is in use?
    2j4zi3k.jpg

• boughton151boughton151 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Star Trek Online‏Verified account @trekonlinegame 4m4 minutes ago

Captain Geordi was doing a new experiment in Engineering, and now our PC login is down. We'll have it back shortly.
    back to green again cannot log in rejects my password
    now red again
    I saw the SERVER STATUS icon go green, but was short lived as it once again RED. :'(
    0zxlclk.png
    now green again
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    nibiru12 wrote: »
    Perhaps Las Vegas caused it ?

It's some gear in a secure building that would have backup power and spare parts on hand that's hooked up to a service provider that's hooked up to the public communications network. The last 2, at least, are redundant short of a major earthquake.
  • generalkertag#2364 generalkertag Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    connection to the account server timed out, wth, is this thing on Data time?
    2j4zi3k.jpg

• dbeiswengerdbeiswenger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Server on my launcher shows going back and forth between offline and online, red then green then red then green like its Christmas or something.

Wheres my presents cryptic?
  • rellimierellimie Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Nooooooooooo, need to get my last FE play in.
    red again..someone TRIBBLE something i think or an attack on the game
  • jniedertjniedert Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    just cant seem to get it fixed i guess
    avoozuul wrote: »
    The green light briefly was on again but still wouldn't authenticate my user details and the light went back to red again.

I posted the same thing in another closely related thread in this forum. I saw it temporarily go green but then quickly returned to red status.
    0zxlclk.png
  • desslock#3614 desslock Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    yeah it was green but won't let me log in
  • reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    they need to turn windows auto-update off over there...
  • dbeiswengerdbeiswenger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    They wont fix it tonight. Too much work. Wouldn't want to strain something.
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    they made a post that they are working on getting things back online