test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galaxy interiours

1. When will they come?
2. Will it be a general overhaul of all Galaxy class related Bridges?
3. 3.Will there be Free versions or just Zen only?
4. If Zen only, will it cost over 4K? Or will it be purchasable for 400 Zen, for every Bridge each?
Thanks.

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    You will learn about this not earlier than 24 hours before they go life. Cryptic doesn't give out information like this in advance.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I hope it's not a special limited time only unlock per character
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    honestly I see no reason why this should be a thing anytime soon, or ever for that matter...the game had so many chances to implement this in the past, with all the anniversaries and they didn't. Interiours also sell poorly, so I don't even see an incentive for Cryptic to, make it.
    Go pro or go home
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    They already did make it. They didn't say that it would be for sale, but I can't imagine that they would put the hours into making it and not sell it.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    They already did make it. They didn't say that it would be for sale, but I can't imagine that they would put the hours into making it and not sell it.

Zactly. It's going to be a win-win situation: either the interiors ('interiour' isn't even correct British anymore) will be available in our already-owned Galaxy class ships for free, or we'll be able to buy one.

The blog seems to indicate September 12th will be the day, aka in less than 2 weeks. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    I'm hoping for a full on TNG Bundle like the TOS and DS9 bundles. An interior, a couple weapons, a couple outifts, and a shuttle.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    reyan01 wrote: »
    anodynes wrote: »

You know, this is going to sound stupid - but I hope there is a charge for it.

Why? Because hopefully it'll sell well and thus prove that well-made interiors CAN = profit, thus we might have incentive to make more.

^^ This!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    not entirely sure what you all mean by "it is already made" because yes, there is already a galaxy bridge, but that one has been there from the very beginning. Can you guide me to a post where they are specifically speaking of a more complete version of the interior that includes 10 forward or shuttle bays, etc.?

*edit: nevermind, I just saw it...I'll take one for surez

Now that I have seen the pictures, it seems to me that parts are missing...captain's office, observation lounge, holodeck, shuttle hangar (although that one never even made it into the show), combat bridge, arboretum, ...

Anyway, nice to have something to look forward in STO.
    Go pro or go home
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    WoK was different from TUC though. TMP-SfS basically had the same bridge, while TFF and TUC had more of a proto LCARS thing going.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    They'll probably put it in a R&D promotion... pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a full on TNG Bundle like the TOS and DS9 bundles. An interior, a couple weapons, a couple outifts, and a shuttle.

This is what I am hoping for too. My guess is different though. I dont want to jinx it so I am not going to say what my guess is.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    Well... they can't release it attached to a bundle with the Andromeda like they did the Voyager interior, and I seriously doubt they'll do a one off Bridge as we haven't had any new bridges for sale on their own for years. So the only logical option is a brand new TNG Bundle in time for the anniversary. Hopefully complete with TNG type 2 phaser and type 3 rifle, Type 6 shuttle, Crusher's Lab Coat, and either a TNG Dress Uniform or Admiral's uniform (later season, not the Season 1 version we have now).
  • benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I just hope there will be a reasonable way to obtain it.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    WoK was different from TUC though. TMP-SfS basically had the same bridge, while TFF and TUC had more of a proto LCARS thing going.

The Enterprise-A actually had three different bridges:

STIV: star-trek-enterprise-bridge.jpg

STV: c61c759cb675a29370acab16994c6a8ef7915f76.jpg

STVI: st9.jpg

The first one, seen at the end of STIV was a redress of the one from the TSS, and was reused as the Enterprise-D battle bridge. A new one was created for STV, with touch-screen interfaces. However, they altered it for STVI as Nicholas Meyer wanted tactile console interfaces and a more militaristic feel.

I like 5, less military the better.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    I like 5, less military the better.

I'd agree, but int his case I don't see any difference aside from the lighting in VI being different (which might stem from the battle damage) and they got some cushions for the panels in the back​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • cowlin1cowlin1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Does anyone know if we'll be able to visit the battle bridge?
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Doubt it.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    It will probably be similar to the TOS Connie, Belfast (canon Defiant), and Voyager interiors. 3 decks, counting the Bridge, with the usual locations like the crew lounge, Captain's Quarters, Engineering...
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    This would be awesome, but probably not. I always thought the battle bridge looked cool.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    I'm gonna cry if it's locked to a galaxy bundle. Wonder how much zen it will be
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I hope it's not restricted to a Galaxy bundle. I have every Galaxy except the T6 Galaxy-X, so I'd be locked out from getting the bridge permanently.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    tyler002 wrote: »
    I hope it's not restricted to a Galaxy bundle. I have every Galaxy except the T6 Galaxy-X, so I'd be locked out from getting the bridge permanently.

Yeah, they really shouldn't make that mistake again. I hope Taco can convince the powers that be, that if they want to sell bridges (and prove it *can* be profitable, even when those bridges are tight to a made mission first), that they shouldn't sabotage said prospective sales by tying it to old bundles ppl already own one (or more) ships of.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    cowlin1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we'll be able to visit the battle bridge?

Let's not push our luck. :) I'm already pleased as punch they actually appear to have listened to their customers, and are doing the 'screen-accurate' bridges now peeps have been asking for. All predicated on the premise they'll actually, you know, *sell* the bridges (still no confirmation on that); otherwise all preemptive praise was in vain. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,737 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Thread: NEW UPCOMING GALAXY INTERIOR @cowlin1

tUxKHgA.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    They'll probably put it in a R&D promotion... pig-2.gif​​

`Fwaps you with a giant fish` QUIET, YOUS!
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    Has this been announced to be officially coming or is it mere allegations by speculating speculators?
    /channel_join grind
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,324 Arc User
    Has this been announced to be officially coming or is it mere allegations by speculating speculators?

GCS bridge/interior has been officially announced the same time they announced that Levar Burton would be joining the cast of STO, but how said interior will be avaible has not been announced yet.
    spiritborn wrote: »

GCS bridge/interior has been officially announced the same time they announced that Levar Burton would be joining the cast of STO, but how said interior will be avaible has not been announced yet.

To be honest, they didn't announce it'll be available to players at all, just that it will be the stage for the mission with Geordi who probably commands the Challenger (STO follows AGT timeline pretty much) and we'll set hoof on that ship.
    `Fwaps you with a giant fish` QUIET, YOUS!

Don't you fishfwap me pig-16.gif I only say what we all are thinking pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,324 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

To be honest, they didn't announce it'll be available to players at all, just that it will be the stage for the mission with Geordi who probably commands the Challenger (STO follows AGT timeline pretty much) and we'll set hoof on that ship.​​
    I'm not playing my Draenei priestess here none of my STO chars have hooves ;)

Seriously though, it would seem quite odd for them to totally rewamp GCS interior, for it to be avaible for just 1 mission (especially make such big deal about it), it just seems too much work to essentially TRIBBLE of people. The fact that they're making a big deal about this early would suggest it's avaible to player though it's true that it's not outright stated that it will.
    edited September 2017
    I'm not playing my Draenei priestess here none of my STO chars have hooves ;)

Seriously though, it would seem quite odd for them to totally rewamp GCS interior, for it to be avaible for just 1 mission (especially make such big deal about it), it just seems too much work to essentially **** of people. The fact that they're making a big deal about this early would suggest it's avaible to player though it's true that it's not outright stated that it will.

Tellarites are supposed to have hooves, but Cryptic can't afford to create a whole set of bottom wear for special anatomy, same reason Caitians don't have digitigrade legs pig-3.gif

But you are of course right, however keep in mind that the new origin interior hasn't been made available to players as well, it's just used in the tutorial. The Voyager interior is used in the Tuvok missions and presumably is part of a pack that locks out people who already owned any of the ships, thus is widely unavailable as well. I wouldn't surprise me if players wouldn't get the new Galaxy interior pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif