test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galaxy interiours

2»

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    But you are of course right, however keep in mind that the new origin interior hasn't been made available to players as well, it's just used in the tutorial.

Wut?! The new Origin bridge (not so new any more, btw, by now) is not only available on almost any Fed ship, but the default bridge to boot.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Wut?! The new Origin bridge (not so new any more, btw, by now) is not only available on almost any Fed ship, but the default bridge to boot.

I said interior, not bridge. A bridge is a bridge, but a interior is crew deck, engineering and so forth.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou

I said interior, not bridge. A bridge is a bridge, but a interior is crew deck, engineering and so forth.​​

My bad. Didn't even know an Origin interior existed. They need to sell those too! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User

My bad. Didn't even know an Origin interior existed. They need to sell those too! :)
    No, it needs to be what's used when the Origin bridge is selected.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

It's only used in the tutorial when you run around the ship, but it's finished. They never made it usable to the player ships, though.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    The Voyager interior is used in the Tuvok missions and presumably is part of a pack that locks out people who already owned any of the ships, thus is widely unavailable as well. I wouldn't surprise me if players wouldn't get the new Galaxy interior pig-2.gif​​

It was made available for purchase, though, just in a way that locked a lot of people out of it unless they caught the very short windows where it was offered with just the Pathfinder a couple of times. Thankfully, a repeat of that appears to be impossible, since all existing ships in the Galaxy family are already in bundles, so they probably won't be part of any theoretical package that contains the Galaxy interior. I suppose that they could surprise us by doing something unprecedented and dumb to exclude a bunch of people from this, too. Time will tell.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.

It's only used in the tutorial when you run around the ship, but it's finished. They never made it usable to the player ships, though.​​

I'd say that's rather strange: it costs them virtually nothing to make it available on all ships that can load the Origin bridge; subsidiarily, they could make money selling the full interior.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

I'd say that's rather strange: it costs them virtually nothing to make it available on all ships that can load the Origin bridge; subsidiarily, they could make money selling the full interior.

I'm not certain how "finished" it is. I don't recall seeing Main Engineering, a Science lab, a Medbay, a crew lounge or the Captain's quarters. There is a transporter room and an armory room and a lot of corridors that I can recall.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,325 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »

I'm not certain how "finished" it is. I don't recall seeing Main Engineering, a Science lab, a Medbay, a crew lounge or the Captain's quarters. There is a transporter room and an armory room and a lot of corridors that I can recall.

unless it has been changed the last time I played it, the "origin" interior was a shuttlebay, transporter room, armory and some other rooms specific for the mission and the bridge (that's avaible to players).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    Turbolift location...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)