test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What new changes do you want changed in the upcoming season

Comments

• Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    What would I want to be changed? Hmm... let me think.

• Remove the new Queue UI.
    • Return of the No-Win Scenario.
    • Buff Plasma-Generating Signature Embassy consoles (widely known as Plasma Exploders/Plasploders). And no, I don't mean restoring their pre-S13 state, but something to make them viable choice again needs to be done. Either keep the per-cycle proc, but make them 50% shield penetrating, or restore per-shot proc, keeping them otherwise as they are.
    • Make Particle Focusers (Research Lab science consoles) give +all damage again.
    • Restore Feedback Pulse to pre-S13 state (but keep the FBP from critically hitting), and in turn reduce heavily the effectiveness of Improved Feedback Pulse trait.
    • Make GW1/2 scale like GW3 (and NOT the other way around).
    • Buff all Science exotic damage abilities. In turn, nerf Deteriorating Secondary deflector by a fair margin, I wouldn't mind even a 2x effectiveness loss. Current situation is that my Charged Particle Burst does more hull damage through Secdef proc than something like Tractor Beam Repulsors. (This change is necessary to make exotic/exotic-hybrid builds viable on all ships with heavy science/universal seating, and not only on ships with a Secondary deflector slot)
    • Either introduce more useful engineering consoles (Conductive RCS was a good start, more of something similar please), or reworke the current ones. Current situation, where engineering console slots are pretty much equivalent to Universal console slots on any possible build is bad.
    • Something to help tanks. Point 2 and 3 in my list would be good start, but they could also use more/better taunts (that are not locked behind a huge paywall). And no, devs, players (at least not the top-tier Aggronauts) don't overestimate the importance of threat in moment-to-moment combat.
    • Reduce the 75% damage mitigation shields do to torpedoes. Even to something like 50% would make a solid difference. (In other words, make shields negate only 50% of the torpedo damage, not 75% as they currently do.)
    • Buff Omega Kinetic Shearing. Pre-S13 40% value was too strong, ok, but surely there's plenty of middle ground between 40% and 10%?
    • Remove the 0.8/0.85/0.9 multiplier (or 20/15/10% debuff, if you insist calling it that) on BFAW.
    • Introduce more/rework some of the current traits that would affect the (friendly) target of your ability, instead of yourself - to help out supportbuilds. One of the examples: Adaptive Hull Plating, why can't this give +max HP to the target of your heal?
    • Make more universal consoles truly universal. I mean those that come with ships. I understand something like Multi-Vector Assault Mode or Saucer Separation wouldn't be feasible to design for every ship, but most of them shouldn't have similar visual problems. For example, Particle Conversion Matrix that comes with Guardian is pretty useless on it, just because how Guardian's BOFF seating doesn't allow for exotic damage builds. Other good example is Sympathetic Fermion Tranciever which would be glorius on healboats, yet it's locked to Vesta-variants, which don't make too good healers, due to their BOFF seating.
    • Increase the effectiveness of Shield Heal boff powers significantly.

Oh, and of course bugfixes and new content, but that should be obvious. :D

And yes, I'm aware I dream big, but as they say, one can at least dream...

I agree 100% with all your points except the one about the innate shield damage mitigation to kinetic damage. Yes that's high, but when you take into account that things like quantum phase torpedoes that insta-drain shields, and the shield penetration available now, it's not as bad as it sounds. That with your point that shield healing is vastly underwhelming compared to hull healing just shows how shields are very weak now. If shield drain and pen was reduced or if there were much better/stronger ways to guard against them, then I would be completely in favor of reducing the 75% base mitigation significantly.

That being said, yes yes yes to everything else you said.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    dolfanar#1514 dolfanar Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    On the question of dil processing I agree with everyone that increasing the limit would be bad. I love the idea of converting ore to vouchers (perhaps at a 2:1 ratio, 2 dil for one voucher) would kill two birds with one stone by also encouraging fleet dil donations.

Another option would be dil ore to be transferable to the account bank.I do think the voucher solution helps the game more though.

Another suggestion that might help a couple problems might be to allow us to solo queued content with fleets made up of our own ships and crewed by our extra boffs. There would be a bit of ui work to do to set up our "starship away team" but it would finally make our fleet admiral rank mean something. Promoting a boff to Captain might allow an extra seat for our support ships which would appoximate the extra abilities a human captain brings with him or her. For cryptic it would mean an incentive to have more boffs, more ships... Its win-win imoho.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would much rather see them take the static torpedo/mine reduction effect of hitting a shield facing, and make it a dynamic one that takes into account the shield's remaining hp (based on which facing is hit), as well as on how high the ship's shield power is set over merely just reducing the static reduction. Hell I could see even making the base torpedo/mine/kinetic reduction vary based on what type of shield you are using, maybe with regenerative shields having the lowest base torpedo/mine/kinetic reduction compared to Covariant (or even Resilient) having a quite high torpedo/mine/kinetic reduction.
  • Options
    lyratialyratia Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    1. on PC auto-execute for powers/skills
    2. a fast-travel menu for all (important) ground and space areas, so you don't have to go through 5 loading screens to change form one area of interest to another
    3. the ability to create cross faction teams from a certain point of the storyline
    4. the possibility to change more of the Ship interior and give it some features, so the bridge Invites give more possibilities for come-togethers
    5. More Trophies for your ships
    6. A Ship Away Team and Boff promotion like mentioned above
    7. Tailor: a free and complete choice of colors for every part of the costumes so you can match parts outside from black and white. (best with a #code option)
    8. Trainings Dummys for testing
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    > @bloodyriz said:
    > monodoso wrote: »
    >
    >
    > Then don't click on the thread then.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well the thread title may have been misleading, but I did think it sounded like an interesting topic. Not meaning to be upsetting here, but I do think you need to let your skin thicken a little bit, you are showing offense at things that are non-offensive.​​

My skin is thick enough. Thanks.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    leemwatson wrote: »
    1. Not happening. Dev's have already said repeatedly.

Not to sidetrack things here, but when was this last supposedly said and where though? Unless they've said so within this year or so, I think level cap raising is highly probable (albeit probably next year at the absolute earliest). They've done many things they said would never happen.
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Purposes for surplus BOffs.

The majority don't have useful powers to turn into manuals or better traits than the ones we have, but you end up with dozens of recruits. Right now, if a BOff doesn't have some particular trait that makes it valuable you may as well airlock it.

Possible uses:

Fleet Holdings BOff: donate your officer to your fleet where its expertise speeds fleet projects. If we ever get Fleet PvP, (pipe dream, I know,) Fleet BOffs can be used to man base defenses.

Fleet Support: use surplus BOffs to man your ships currently in your hangar and assign them to respond when you summon Fleet Support.

Admiralty: extra BOffs can be assigned to your Admiralty ships and improve their chance of success.This can be either as a pool of BOffs you can assign at will or as officers attached to particular ship cards which, when used, offers a slight improvement over the ship card without an assigned BOff.

Temporary Assignments: long term assignments similar to DOff or Admiralty which take days or even weeks to complete, but which offer rewards commensurate with the time spent.

Creating uses for BOffs might make them worth something more than training manuals, and might even create a demand for them if each particular power and trait offers some advantage.
  • Options
    shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Here is my list:
    1. Sexy female gorn.
    2. Non binary species.
    3. Get married in the game, so you can have a shared bank account.
    4. Gamma quadrant sector space.
    5. More melee weapons.
    6. Character getting hurt sounds.
    7. Missions that require more than 1 type of character to complete but not all at the same time.
    8. Adr Quinn to retire so I can take his job!
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
  • Options
    > @shinku#4469 said:
    > Here is my list:
    > 1. Sexy female gorn.
    > 2. Non binary species.
    > 3. Get married in the game, so you can have a shared bank account.
    > 4. Gamma quadrant sector space.
    > 5. More melee weapons.
    > 6. Character getting hurt sounds.

Interesting
  • Options
    We already have sexy female Gorn. They are the large, rock hurling ones.

As an exercise, go outside and look for your nearest reptile neighbors, then deduce by looking at them which are male and which are female.

I wholeheartedly agree with more melee weapons and the appropriate animations for them. I never really appreciated the power of melee until I gave my lunge-happy Klingon BOff my Shard Sword. (The purple one, not the gold one. Inventory bug a while back gave my Klingon extra stuff.)
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Well colony building will be coming so I'd just like to see more exploration added after that.

The only changes to current stuff I'd like to see are an inventory revamp (removing food stuff etc. as loot drops but keep them in the replicator), maybe make more queues playable with less than 5 players and a new ground revamp.

For the ground revamp: currently there is too much dumb stuff that boosts damage too ridiculous extent and it doesn't even require thinking, especially for tacs.

Some stuff that should be reworked: Battle Strategies, Trajectory bending, Introspection.

Getting buffs for just maintaining your own position is dumb. Battle Strategies should at least require the player to do something, the idea is that by holding on to a strategy, you can boost your damage potential. That should not work if you're just standing still or randomly walking around. Same for trajectory bending, it's too easy free damage.

Either make it such that this stuff has some downside, or have them share cooldowns. Just mindlessly clicking a dozen buffs (or abilities in general) shouldn't always be beneficial when there's already next to nothing you have to do to make it work at all.

Perhaps also add some hard cooldown to medic heals such that you can't keep spamming those.
  • Options
    To add to that: revamping some of these strategy modules could also make things like grenades and such more attractive again.

By adding some drawback to activating too much strategic modules at the same time, assault modules can become more interesting. It also makes sense because too many different strategies activated at the same time, should of course lead to confusion and thus less effective combat.
  • Options
    Oh and as part of exploration I would like to revisit Iconia. They could adapt the storyline and advance it - maybe the Iconians managed to rebuild their homeworld faster than expected and they're ready to re-establish contact with us.

More Voth contact (and playable species) are also something I'd like to see soon, but probably for a later season.
  • Options
    Grenades are okay, but mortars are practically useless. The battle is over before the first round strikes.
  • Options
    brian334 wrote: »
    Grenades are okay, but mortars are practically useless. The battle is over before the first round strikes.

Actually there are some missions where they can be very useful. In Khitomer ground for example. The fact that they can shoot through walls and floors gives them an advantage over other turrets.
  • Options
    geoff484geoff484 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    1. Console UI option so I can use my controller.
    2. Fix the trigger and map transitions bug in the Foundry.
    banner_zpsowioz7sn.jpg
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    1. Move dilithium and lobi outfits to the GPL store - Gives that currency a reason to exist.
    2. Merge Commando and Strategist specs, or let us choose different actives for space and ground - Seriously, this one just makes sense. It saves me the trouble of having to change specs every time I move maps.
    3. Universal consoles should be a bit more universal. Some consoles might not make sense, as people have said, but it would be nice to have a bit more in the way of options when making a ship.
    4. Active reputation skills split for space and ground - Like with specializations, there is no balance change to the game, as one can simply continue rotating between powers for space and ground.
    5. Change mines to be a bit stronger. Please. They're totally neglected around here.
    6. Let me slot Prototype Ablative Jevonite Hardpoints in my devices again. I understand not wanting them to be slotted in visual slots (Which actually happened, by the way), but I need the inventory space.

It's 5 in the morning so I can't think of much else, so I'll be back later when I remember.
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I would like the option to choose my character's rank from a list of all the ranks (not titles) that I've earned, and have NPCs address him by that rank.
  • Options
    I like the idea of uniforms being moved to the GPL store. Or they should at least make them account unlocks.

I never really understood why the far more expensive lobi stuff and lockbox ships are single character unlocks, whereas the much cheaper C-store items are account wide.

Another thing I hope to see eventually is more elaborate tooltips, especially for unopened items. Things like 'limited time', 'small bonus' and lacking information in general such as lock outs for stuff such as personal traits make the tooltips less informative than they could be.

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    risian4 wrote: »

I never really understood why the far more expensive lobi stuff and lockbox ships are single character unlocks, whereas the much cheaper C-store items are account wide.

I think that is because they know that the target group which is willing to pay the prices of those outfits is willing to pay those for multiple alts as well. ;)

Would not surprise me if the number of players who has Leeta's mirror hot pants on multiple alts is larger than the number of players who have it just on one.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    Didn't someone say that there were future plans for GPL and what you can get for it
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    3: Love this idea, although it would impact on how ship builds work - they'd need to rework the system so that we have ships with 'Captain Tactical/Science/Engineering' BOFF seats. This really goes back to point #1, as it would really need to be tied into an endgame level increase to work properly.
    I do however wish we could promote our XO to Captain - i.e by rank only without consequence to game mechanics.

Here is a thought on promoting One Npc on your roster to Captain. As an admiral you would in theory be handling strategic challenges and the ship you are on commanded by a captain. So it fits thematically.
    A Captain level seating for a new Admiral class of ships. has five powers instead of four. and it would be the class power of the PC. (Miracle worker, photonic fleet, whatever tac gets. . .) Captain seat is always universal. This way a ship can be sold to anyone and since you can only have one captain at a time allows for unique builds. And is an alternate to more weapon slots or gimmikier consoles.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

I would not mind some modules getting some changes that have somewhat lack-luster interactions to gameplay, such as being merely a buff with no real actual affect on gameplay. Things like to gain the buff from such modules when you use them you might get a location to move into for the buff to activate, attack from specific angles like flanking the targets (not merely thru using a module that causing you to do flanking). I could also see modules that give you buffs if you use them with certain things like using the Trajectory bending module with threatening posture active might give you a buff to certain defensive stats.
  • Options
    byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    The problem with the Captain bridge officer is the same one as to the possibility of T7. Right now ships are balanced against eachother (more or less) and at T6 it's pretty much well established what that balance is. In order to adequately represent this Admiralty Ship you'd need a new tier and, as has been said, they aren't adding a new tier. Now, promoting bridge officers for use in the Admiralty system... that's an idea I can get behind.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I want the gorn TOS outfit fixed it still isn't fixed from the release of AOY
  • Options
    shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I like to see a diving mission to explore the depths of an ocean planet.
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg