test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Phaser Type 1 is gone.

dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
edited August 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ticket ID # 4,545,098
You know that 'palm phaser' you get from that mission? Well, I had upgraded it to epic quality. Someone was talking in chat about upgrading one, so I was going to link mine so they could see what it can get to. Checking everywhere, my phaser is gone. And I would like it back. I put a lot of resources into getting that to epic and don't appreciate it just disappearing. And no, I didn't sell it.

Here's a picture of it. I still have it on a toon's boff I transferred to Tribble during the last STO Anniversary.
zLOcvHa.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Well, since I can't tell exactly when it disappeared between February and now, Support politely told me they couldn't help. They can't search the logs for that much time. I understand that.

But what I don't understand is how a company can make a product that loses their customers items over and over. And this isn't the 1st instance of it. I have a separate thread where my Admiralty cards keep disappearing.

And this is just something I noticed disappearing! Who knows how many items for me and everyone else have gone missing and the players never know! Where people pay real $ for items, this is totally unacceptable. They need to overhaul whatever servers/databases they have. Obviously there is some data corruption issue somewhere.

So I guess my new STO policy is to transfer a copy of my character to Tribble every month as a 'snapshot' of what I have. I don't want anymore of my epic/expensive items to disappear and just get a "sorry" from PWE.

I spent almost 30 minutes on one toon JUST putting 'protected' on every item I have. But I doubt that will protect anything from Cryptic losing my items like this. But I'll go do that with my other 7 toons too, 'just in case'.

So just a warning to everyone... The game WILL lose your items.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    You said that the phaser was on your boff on Tribble. Do you still have that boff on Holodeck? The reason I ask is because some people lost boffs a few weeks ago. It's possible that your phaser might have disappeared along with the boff that was holding it.

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1232970/i-lost-most-of-my-boffs-on-one-toon-with-1-6-2

And if they won't give you back the phaser, I would ask for enough upgrade techs to upgrade another one to Mk XIV epic.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Yeah, I still have my C-store bought Aenar. I gave him the Lukari gun after I was done playing with it, so the phaser should be in my inventory. But honestly, I have so many boffs, one of the minor ones (aka stuff holders) could have gone missing and I'd not be sure. I guess I can go count them on Tribble and see if any are gone... :#

I'd love to just get a pile of upgrades (or one of the Ultimate ones from the key rings) and just remake a epic mark 1 phaser. I don't really care what the buffs on it are. But they didn't offer that. And w/o proof in their logs I had an Epic phaser, they probably won't. It'd be easy enough to scam it. Just make it on Tribble w/o spending any 'real' upgrades, then say you had it on Holodeck.

Seeing how I haven't noticed it missing till now, I guess I'm not too enraged over it. I guess I could remake it or buy the one at K-13. As I said, what really makes me mad is the fact that things ARE going missing. Am I supposed to take a screenshot of everything I own just because Cryptic can't keep their **** together?
  • Options
    Nope, still have all my boffs that I had back in February. Good idea about the missing boffs thing, thanks.
  • Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    From what I notice is items related to story lines boffs seems to missing when cryptic improves them. Try to stay away from those items and rename your boff to another name and rename it back if you like the original name.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    Hello dracounguis,

From the screen shot and info you provided I was able to track down the phaser in question. It was posted for auction on 170301
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Hello dracounguis,

From the screen shot and info you provided I was able to track down the phaser in question. It was posted for auction on 170301 16:54:01 for 25000000. The auction was successfully purchased on 170304 15:25:27.

Well, that certainly is interesting. I'm sure @dragonis would be interested to know this, but I don't know if he's still paying attention to this thread.

By the way, @engineerb4#4806, I don't recall seeing your name on the forums before. Are you new to Cryptic?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Hello dracounguis,

From the screen shot and info you provided I was able to track down the phaser in question. It was posted for auction on 170301 16:54:01 for 25000000. The auction was successfully purchased on 170304 15:25:27.

@engineerb4#4806

That is rather odd...

The screenshot shows that the Phaser Type I is equipped on the Boff. That should mean the weapon is bound to account and cannot be sold on the Exchange. It could be the Phaser Type I that was sold on the Exchange belonged to a different player. Unless there is some data indicating the weapon sold on the Exchange did in fact belong to dracounguis. But that would mean the weapon was glitched which allowed it to be listed on the Exchange even after it has been equipped.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Not all items have a Binding. The screen shot's tool tip shows this is one of those items.
    STO Software Engineer
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Common (white) gear normally is not binding - if that Phaser Pistol was just upgraded from Common to Epic, then it propably stayed not-binding... and it would explain the price of that thing too :)
    BTW, i don't think we should call the Exchange "Auction", because the price is set by seller, not by buyers...
  • Options
    tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    So he sold it and then blamed Cryptic for losing the item? You can't make that up! Lol. Although with the sheer amount of items on plethora of toons one can have, who can really remember what they did with item X months ago....
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Now I know why cryptic fixed the bug when some items didn't have any binding rules...