test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Las Vegas: STO Panel Announcements

Comments

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Awesome, they got Geordi/ whoop excited.

I like all the bullet points though, yippee !

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • captainwallis84captainwallis84 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    I so cant wait for the new Galaxy class interior. Been waiting for ages. Thank you Crypric. Now one final request...please add an authentic Galaxy class hull material. Id hate to be flying my Galaxy with the horrid looking deflector texture bug curently in hull material 2!! Please add a new material!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    acb.jpg

Same. I threw my money at the screen and nothing happened. I don't understand. :'(
    aten66 wrote: »
    DS9 is gunna get wrecked! Then rebuilt!

That flying bicycle wheel needs oil. Lots of it.
    More than one thing is coming. :wink:

This October - Season 14
    Next Summer - Expansion (in all probability)

That said there's probably a season 15 (covering early spring to summer 2018) too so while we know that the Dominion are coming to what degree they'll factor into the expansion (for example, hold off on confirming a playable faction) is something that we'll see play out over the coming year.

Good to know, thanks. And knowledge is victory. And victory is life.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    (for example, hold off on confirming a playable faction) is something that we'll see play out over the coming year.
    It's what I'm expecting. The real question is what we'll be doing in the Gamma Quadrant.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It's what I'm expecting. The real question is what we'll be doing in the Gamma Quadrant.
    I bet 600 quatloos it's because the Tzenkethi invade and we have to help the Dominion!
    something just tingled in my brain... what if those crystals are connected to the Founders?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    I bet 600 quatloos it's because the Tzenkethi invade and we have to help the Dominion!
    something just tingled in my brain... what if those crystals are connected to the Founders?

Than we're all
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD73a1trdJ0
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited August 2017

Oooh, that's fodder for some awesome connections. How does protomatter get involved? Were the Tzenkethi trying to create something...like the original evolutionary conditions that created the Founder species? What then? (And who's really behind this?)

There's a lot of space to fill between now and next summer, Cryptic could do a lot with that time. :D
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • jackus4jackus4 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    It looks like season 14 will have more story content (great) + LaForge (yay). But while the new fleet holding sounds great a lot of fleets have shrunk (for PC) and and fleet restricted content may be unplayable due to numbers. Problem is it came about to late for the PC. Will work on the xbox though. Another power is just fluff. All these powers, I want more than the usual pew pew. The gamma quadrant is unlikely to be expanded as nothing but Dominion is there. No ships coming from DS9 suggests to me the Dominion are not attacking DS9. Another DS9 takeover has been done twice, so please don't go their.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Put me in the pool for "After playing through Victory is Life, Jem Hadaar become a playable race for the KDF." That way players can have them, but Cryptic doesn't have to do four ships for cross-faction ship bundles. Instead every once in a while you get a Jem Hadaar-style hull instead of a Klingon hull when a trio of ships comes out (much like the Gorn multi-mission explorers).
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    /does the Skant dance
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • telekill2012telekill2012 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I was under the impression that we could only access the ship bridges. How are we supposed to get to all the other locations like engineering and ten forward?
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Considering they would be very unlikely to announce an expansion so far ahead of time that they hadn't already started work on and were sure they could deliver, my guess is that "Victory is Life" will be a complete LoR type expansion to the game with playable races, 30 ish missions, ViL ship packs, the full works. This will open up the last quadrant for our toons to explore as well as a binge worthy load of content. LoR was their most successful expansion to date bar none, no doubt it made them the most cash too. It's certainly about the right time for another major expansion of the game in it's 8th year.

Im pretty sure DR was the most successful. Every dollar spent on a t6 ship or on upgrading weapons to mk14 is a DR thing.

Oh, I forgot, Delta Rising was the best expansion ever and everybody loved it! I seriously doubt it, I saw many, many long time folks leave over that debacle, it was the mess that cost D'Angelo his job and had three quarters of our fleet take 2 months hiatus. Perhaps the upgrade may skew the figures somewhat as that's when it began, but taken as an expansion only it was a deep low point.

D'Angelo is still at Cryptic AFAIK. He should be the Chief Technical Officer.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    What is a Skant?
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    ds9 maybe cisco will be see again???
    nexus.jpg

• redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Considering they would be very unlikely to announce an expansion so far ahead of time that they hadn't already started work on and were sure they could deliver, my guess is that "Victory is Life" will be a complete LoR type expansion to the game with playable races, 30 ish missions, ViL ship packs, the full works. This will open up the last quadrant for our toons to explore as well as a binge worthy load of content. LoR was their most successful expansion to date bar none, no doubt it made them the most cash too. It's certainly about the right time for another major expansion of the game in it's 8th year.
    That is really optimistic. 30 missions?

It's probably more like "Agents of Yesterday". 4 to 6 Featured Episodes, 2 or 3 qued missions, and new stuff in the C-store, Lobi store, lockboxes and promo packs. The revamp of DS9 seems likely. Possibly a new Reputation and/or Specialization. If it is a "recruiting event", then you might see some new playable races (though which faction will get them is anyone's guess).
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    this good poster for the next season
    1346431926209.jpg
    nexus.jpg

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Some speculations:

Don't forget a new Duty Officer Pack we are well overdue for one.

A Skant is a man skirt not anywhere near as good as a Kilt.

Hopefully there will be an update to the 2800 Episodes with updated Jem'Hadar Ground and Space Set rewards.

Maybe they will finally fix up the Tzen'kethi Space Battlezone. Also they should think outside the box and make the Tzen'kethi Red Alert a Ground Queue. Colony Event Map may be a Ground Battlezone.

Don't see much room in all of this for Star Trek Discovery unless these new Klingons go spouting off stuff like 'Victory is Life' like the Jem'Hadar. Do we know where these new Klingons have been off to? Out of the way, maybe through their own wormhole.

You know if The Nexus from 'Generations' reoccured every 39 years and it last appeared in 2371, adding 39 to that gives 2410.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »

You know if The Nexus from 'Generations' reoccured every 39 years and it last appeared in 2371, adding 39 to that gives 2410.

Based on the title of the next FE, which is Beyond the Nexus...

I think we're gonna see it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I’m very excited. The new stuff looks quiet cool.

Hehe, but there will also be a lot of work to be done which should not be underestimated. A new tier 5 holding in October is pretty tough. So will be making yet another toon next summer if the expansion will be like LoR or AoY.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    I don't know about making a new character, but we really did need a new holding for fleets. All the larger ones have been maxed out for some time now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Was Delta Rising really that bad ?

Apart from the XP rollbacks on Japori players.. the gaps in XP between missions (which magically never affected my toons), the ultimate cheese introduced into PvP.. T6 sales pressure... Upgrading costing boatloads of dil.... Patrol Episodes (Kinda Lame - but they did add some story to not often discussed species such as the APU).. Prices inflating on the exchange and Dil EX....

It really wasn't that bad.

I know that's a hefty list of the common complaints. But I actually enjoyed the episode arc (could've done without the patrol episode fillers obviously - but like I said, some of them were pretty fun and interesting). And it was the first recruiting event we've had, which felt fresh at the time. Plus we got a long list of VOY actors which was pretty neat imo.

So I dunno, I know there was a lot of negative aspects, but I think completely overlooking the good parts and going meme crazy "Players Love it" got way out of hand.. Kinda like how people love to pile on Wesley Crusher or JarJar from SW.
    Mob mentality comes to mind.

Also brought us crafting schools which was a blessing (as costly as it can be).
    And I still enjoy Kobali BZ from time to time to test new ground weapons out.
    Brought in specs as well which is a nice addition to character build possibilities.

Meh, I guess I just don't understand the "complete hate" people have for it. And I think many a' people took it too far.

It became a fashionable catch phrase to make the joke "The Players love it". It's so overused now, its lost any impact it once had.

Truth is its hard to make a game, and even harder to please people, the smallest mistakes get blown way out of proportion. Thinking logically on it... It wasn't that bad of an expansion, as bad as some of the negatives were.

And yeah I would be lying if I didn't admit to seeing some of our fleet leave and the complete decimation of the PvP community.
    But nobody really cares about pvp around here anyway. And even when PVP had a larger community, it was still relatively small compared to the PVE/Space Barbie type players.

So I dunno I guess I've gotten over DR a long time ago. I just don't see the big deal.

And people praise LoR (which I did enjoy also) but that brought us the beginnings of massive power creep. And SRO loaded ships.
    I think DPS literally tripled or quadrupled overnight with that expac.

So LoR wasn't all roses either.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg