What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kobayashi Maru [Untimed] - Highest Level Achieved

2»

Comments

• Options
    sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    Hmm is that a Bortas? What sort of build are you using?

either way that's awesome :)

I started the event with the Durgath Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Battlecruiser, which worked very well. In the 47 run, I switched to the Ty'Gokor Command Battlecruiser (pic above) - almost identical to the Durgath, but has the Inspiration mechanic rather than the Temporal. I figured the Inspiration mechanic would, on the whole, be more helpful to the team.
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
  • Options
    felisean wrote: »
    Could you guys publish your builds somewhere?

Not sure how - any recommendation?
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    I got into 40+ multiple times over the weekend thanks to the awsome players of DPS Diamond and TSC with 45 being the highest.

I must admit that I never got warm with the mission. Teams that exactly knew what they were doing were put to sleep for half an hour before things got interesting around 40. But instead of simply demanding more linear skill then I was rather under the impression that mere luck decided over how far one actually gets. I saw players and the transport get erased swiftly by torpedo spreads and good foes in the chaos of this speed phase could put an all of sudden end to an otherwise clearly dominant team.

In any case congratulations to you and your team OP! It must have taken a lot of skill and especially dedication to get to 47. By the way, Lenne@V_Silverwings was the player who taught me the original NWS a few years back. It’s nice to see him in action again in your video. :)

Thanks for the shoutout Peter. I tend to put in the basic amount these days but having the opportunity to prove my salt again in the STOFA group and be on the 47 team is very gratifying.
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    sneyeper wrote: »
    Could you guys publish your builds somewhere?

Not sure how - any recommendation?

We're normaly using sto academy to create the builds we publish at our website, maybe you guys could create stoacademy builds too? :)
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

Thanks for the shoutout Peter. I tend to do the bare minimum in game these days so having the opportunity to prove my salt with STOFA was very gratifying.

Sure thing! But I’m curious, as one of the first players to beat the original back in 2012, how do you like this “remake”? I'd also love to see your Annorax' build sir. :#
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Got to wave 24 on a pug. Was good fun. Gratz on your run guys.
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User

Thanks for the shoutout Peter. I tend to do the bare minimum in game these days so having the opportunity to prove my salt with STOFA was very gratifying.

Sure thing! But I’m curious, as one of the first players to beat the original back in 2012, how do you like this “remake”? I'd also love to see your Annorax' build sir. :#

I had written a post but then the forum deleted it just by making an edit which I'd put a lot of effort in to. However, we just had another attempt and will give it one more go in 25mins just before the event goes. I'll stream it on Twitch (VSilverwings).
  • Options
    Well the event is over :neutral: Definitely awesome!

I've updated the original post to include the video of the full level 47 run. In checking the forums and reddit, I am pretty sure that was the maximum level anyone attained
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2017

I had written a post but then the forum deleted it just by making an edit which I'd put a lot of effort in to. However, we just had another attempt and will give it one more go in 25mins just before the event goes. I'll stream it on Twitch (VSilverwings).

Hehe yea Vanilla forums seem to have a build-in mechanism that detects good posts and eats them. That’s why this place looks the way it does for the most part.

In any case, congratulations to you and your team to have reached the highest setting in the past event on record Silverwings. Combat simulation 347 has always been your mission. B)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    sneyeper wrote: »
    Well the event is over :neutral: Definitely awesome!

I've updated the original post to include the video of the full level 47 run. In checking the forums and reddit, I am pretty sure that was the maximum level anyone attained

I'm pretty sure 47 is the highest too. I haven't heard anyone go higher in multiple channels. Well done guys!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Hehe yea Vanilla forums seem to have a build-in mechanism that detects good posts and eats them. That’s why this place looks the way it does for the most part.

In any case, congratulations to you and your team to have reached the highest setting in the past event on record Silverwings. Combat simulation 347 has always been your mission. B)
    I think it's an anti-spam feature that targets posts based on number of links.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    The way to 'win' a 'No Win' Scenario is simple, it's to not lose.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns