test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,174 Community Moderator
    Wonder how they'll handle the game. 5 separate factions that cover each color? What about people who like to mix colors?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    what about people who like to tank AND heal? that's what hybrid classes were invented for​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Neverwinter reskinned with MTG look?
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

wouldn't be surpised. though I'm not sure how that work, I mean non creature spells wouldn't be a problem but the way creature are is totally incompatible with neverwinter companions.

I can already see this going poorly.

the smart thing would be run it as a classless system with each color being a set of skill trees with some overlapping areas.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Wonder how they'll handle the game. 5 separate factions that cover each color? What about people who like to mix colors?

My bet is another neverwinter where everyone is the blooming hero / do gooder and there is not factions only a "hero" prancing around being a lords gopher.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,507 Arc User
    Finally they can make a game which is all about opening lockboxes by design :p
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    wouldn't be surpised. though I'm not sure how that work, I mean non creature spells wouldn't be a problem but the way creature are is totally incompatible with neverwinter companions.

I can already see this going poorly.

the smart thing would be run it as a classless system with each color being a set of skill trees with some overlapping areas.
    I wonder if it might be more like the MTG books than the card game?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    nah, players already get that from the card game and the online version... cryptic may actually have to focus on the game being fun with long term playablity... they don't have have clue what they are getting into. it sould be fun to watch. though there are a few things they could throw in lockboxs.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    nah, players already get that from the card game and the online version... cryptic may actually have to focus on the game being fun with long term playablity... they don't have have clue what they are getting into. it sould be fun to watch. though there are a few things they could throw in lockboxs.
    Hmm... I can see it now... you spec into different colors as you level and each ability costs mana, but you can theoretically have multiple colors of mana available. Prob have skills slotted like Boff powers in STO. You can learn far more than you can have slotted so you have to choose which ones you want to use.

Oh and special powers that aren't available by default and are better than default skills. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Hmm... I can see it now... you spec into different colors as you level and each ability costs mana, but you can theoretically have multiple colors of mana available. Prob have skills slotted like Boff powers in STO. You can learn far more than you can have slotted so you have to choose which ones you want to use.

Oh and special powers that aren't available by default and are better than default skills. :p

well your giving them more credit then I am.

I'm betting on it being generic fantasy game 666 staring the not gatewatch, with a few skills or companions referencing well know beloved cards but otherwise little else.

if we're lucky it'll go like sto has with fans in charge, so something that is decent even if the rest is screwed up.

but that could be just be my cynicism showing.

• Options
    patrickngo wrote: »
    remember something: D'Angelo started his career with WoTC, he knows exactly what that market is. (this came out right around Delta Rising when someone posted a link to his glass door resume profile.)

He knows that market, and he knows the original IP holders.
    He probably also knows the difference between Big Red and Red Aggro. :p heck he's probably played Reanimator at some point. ;p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    well, thats somewhat comforting. their not going to be totally in the dark... lets hope that cryptic/PWE actually gives him the resouces he needs to do the job. you would think with with two of the oldest and most successful IPs around they be making some money but as often as we hear it cost too much.

and yeah sorry I'm gonna be a little negative at least till we get some solid info.

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    "We like to think we've graduated into the core IP," D'Angelo said, adding, "At this point, we are as much a part of the Star Trek brand as any of the television shows have been. (...)

rrrPigs_laughing_bib_preview.png​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

My bet is another neverwinter where everyone is the blooming hero / do gooder and there is not factions only a "hero" prancing around being a lords gopher.

What, like STO?

bingo crash i was thinking the same last i was on NW how it was like STO in the middle ages lol
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Whatever the case, I'm eager to try it out.