test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier 6 Vor'Cha and Tier 6 Vo'Quv - are we there yet?

Tier 6 Vor'Cha and Tier 6 Vo'Quv - are we there yet? the Tier 5 variants of the Vor'Cha all look pretty beautiful to me, if there was a Tier 6 variant, it wouldn't even matter how it looked.

The Vo'Quv is a bit different. It's ugly, and not just in the "ugly because it's a nasty ship that instills fear in your enemies", but also in the "this is still our launch-level model quality and OMG thank good PWE and F2P and technical progress" sense, so I can see that the new model needs some decent work.

But if I can dream, what about a Tier 6 Kar'Fi? The Kar'Fi is such an interesting design. If it had been released post F2P, I suppose it would have been a lockbox ship. So I personally wouldn't mind if you turned it into one, but I guess if the Tier 5 version is C-Store, the Tier 6 one will be, too.
Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.

Comments

• Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Sorry to say but the Risa carrier is the t6 mirror vo in all but name and skin and likely the best we get until they decide the feds need a new carrier to three pack
  • Options
    jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    > @burstorion said:
    > Sorry to say but the Risa carrier is the t6 mirror vo in all but name and skin and likely the best we get until they decide the feds need a new carrier to three pack

Kinda sad that that is what it would take for Klingons to get their T6 carrier and Roms to get their first dual bay carrier in the c store
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    I was disappointed that there weren't KDF and ROM equivalents when the Jupiter came out. :/

Fingers crossed that we'll get them when/if the Atrox gets a T6 upgrade.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I guess a thread like this dropping off the front page so quickly is a reminder how little interest there actually is in KDF ships.

Or maybe my thread titles suck. Who knows.

I was disappointed that there weren't KDF and ROM equivalents when the Jupiter came out
    Yes, that felt like a completely wasted opportunity. (Of course, in dev time terms, making 1 ship is only 1/3 the time then making 3 ships, so it's not like they had a KDF and a RR designer sitting idly and waiting for somethnig to do while the Fed artist was busy with the Fed ship. Still, I would have tried to schedule the project so that I have the resources to also make a KDF and a RR ship, even if only the Federation ship gets a special contest/selection process as it did.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The time was right to release a T6 Voquv and Romulan carrier along with the T6 "Jupiter." Since that time has come and gone, I wonder if it will ever be released now.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Quite honestly, a T6 Vor'cha is way overdue at this point. They should have also come out with a T6 K'tinga...something other than the D7 Temporal Cruiser R&D ship. Something better than the Fleet T5-U, but not as good as the D7 Temporal cruiser.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »

...another one of those sticking points, is that the T5 Fleet Vor'cha is still a viable ride with an upgrade token, both in PvE, and in PvP. (I've demonstrated this, several times.)...

I will have to check this ship out. I don't have one yet. Thanks for the tip.

klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I suspect part of the problem is that the artists on staff aren't ready to tackle Klingon ships just yet. (look at the 'Light cruiser" release-it's got more in common with Cardassian design than Klingon.)
    I don't know. There has to be some variety in ship looks.

On the RR side, we have ships like the D'Deridex alongside the Vastam, the Okhala or the Malem.
    On the FED side, you got ships like the Defiant, Prometheus, Galaxy or Scryer.
    On the KDF, you got ships like the Bird of Prey, Vor'Cha and the D4X.

I think there is some room for considerably variation within a faction. FOr me the hammer head and the mission pod style thing on the rear still seem very Klingon to me.

800px-QeHpu%E2%80%99_Advanced_Light_Battlecruiser.png?version=b8f8ef35df22eda680b6a2f5ea7c1c1a

800px-Galor-new.jpg?version=9f05bb22d19fdac3d4ccc5936b57bf79

These look quite different to me.

another one of those sticking points, is that the T5 Fleet Vor'cha is still a viable ride with an upgrade token, both in PvE, and in PvP. (I've demonstrated this, several times.)
    This is probably true. And it's looking good still. The model quality and texture quality is far better than that of many older KDF (or any faction, really) models.
    That means a proper Tier Sixing would throw off the power balance in relation to Fed ships with similar configurations.
    It's not *that* great, however. A Tier 6 Version would certainly not be suddenly wreaking havoc. Especially since it would still be a 4/4 Weapon layout (unless something strange happens) and thus something like the Arbiter would still be highly competitive. (And if they give it something like the Pilot spec, it wouldn't gain all thatmuch from the hybrid seat either, at least not by current estimations. If they get around re-balancing the spec powers, maybe that would change.)

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I was disappointed that there weren't KDF and ROM equivalents when the Jupiter came out. :/

Fingers crossed that we'll get them when/if the Atrox gets a T6 upgrade.

Trendy said she was working on getting KDF and RR a carrier but unfortunately she isn't with Cryptic anymore :(
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    There has for years been a struggle for endgame, c-store Vo'Quv and Vor'Cha.

Even before T6 existed, the Vo'Quv and Vor'Cha only had the Lv40 dil ships or the 4 FSM Fleet ones, no C-Store (meaning no faction account unlock).

These 2 ships still don't have T6 versions.

Vor'Cha is a canon ship of significance as it is the poster child of Klingon warships for TNG-DS9/Dominion War.

Vo'Quv is STO's original Carrier, no T6 version yet.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    The Carrier situation was an obvious move-you're not supposed to want a Tier six Carrier for Klingons-at leeast, not one that didn't come from an event or lockbox. you're supposed to want something cross-faction that defaults to "USS" unless you change the name, or shelf your KDF and relegate it to mining contraband for your fed.

Speculation.
    I mean, it's perfectly obvious when you consider how much of a fit Geko threw when his "ultimate cruiser" was ripped apart in PvP (with attendant gloating on the forum) back about six years ago (the Excelsior, at tier 5) by KDF players flying lower tier vessels. (this happened within three days of the T5 Excelsior's release, and there used to be video of it...)

Well... it IS a 3 Engie station ship. And there's only so many things you can put in an Ensign Engie slot. MIGHT be a bit better now with all the changes since then, but its probably down to the player flying the ship.

Also back then it was a Gankfest for PvP. KDF sneak sneak vape ruled.
    There are egoes at stake, and there was a reason that the Bortasque was done up so badly that it tanked in sales when it first released, thus justifying a two-year moratorium on all KDF C-store development.

You're assuming someone is petty enough to wish revenge on a playerbase over how one ship performed, thus sabotaging their own game out of spite. While I don't have a Bort or Oddy, pretty sure the general layout of both is the same. Where the Bort failed was some of the consoles, like the disruptor autocannon under-performing according to a fleetmate.

So my response to this last part is:
    45cd6e301a2d344406776d9259eeb3d2.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Agreed. :/

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    rattler2 wrote: »

You're assuming someone is petty enough to wish revenge on a playerbase over how one ship performed, thus sabotaging their own game out of spite. While I don't have a Bort or Oddy, pretty sure the general layout of both is the same. Where the Bort failed was some of the consoles, like the disruptor autocannon under-performing according to a fleetmate.

So my response to this last part is:

Sometimes egos do get in the way of common sense

I have both oddy and bort packs and have flown all 6 and tbh the oddy out performs the bort in every way , its like someone put more effort into the oddy and just went half aced on the bort.

your mate is right about the dis autocannon its woefully underpowred, ive managed to get a little more from it with the terran set and naus 3 piece but thats is minimal at best.

it is good at tanking but thats really all it can do.

As far as the vor'cha and vo'quv? way overdue they could release the vor'cha since its an iconic maybe do 3 piece like idk

find 2 more canon ships rom feds and roms like nova for feds and well idk wth they could use for the roms maybe the winged defender?

but two ships sorely overdue imo or T6 and they are iconic ar Vor'cha and Nova
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    There are egoes at stake, and there was a reason that the Bortasque was done up so badly that it tanked in sales when it first released, thus justifying a two-year moratorium on all KDF C-store development.
    LOL, you think a business decided to sabotage it's own sales so it could not make money? LOL!!!
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    that only establishes that it can happen, not that it is likely to happen, or that it has happened.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    I gotta question your sources on some of that.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    that only establishes that it can happen, not that it is likely to happen, or that it has happened.

except that it fits with Geko's statements over the years.

Would you like to begin with "...wish we hadn't made the Klingon Faction..." or should we begin later?
    *snip*

Can we have just one Klingon thread without bringing all this old stuff up, and instead focus on what we want from the game, without speculating about the inner mindset of Cryptic employees or the inner workings of Cryptic?
  • Options
    I take it your answer is No? Oh, well. I tried.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    I would love a T6 Vor'Cha and Vo'Quv. I hear @ambassadorkael#6946 is a Klingon fan. Maybe he can push a little to get these ships. :smile: The Vor'Cha is really iconic and I would love a T6 ship to use my elite BoP pets with.
  • Options
    except that it fits with Geko's statements over the years.

Would you like to begin with "...wish we hadn't made the Klingon Faction..." or should we begin later?
    *snip*
    Can we have just one Klingon thread without bringing all this old stuff up, and instead focus on what we want from the game, without speculating about the inner mindset of Cryptic employees or the inner workings of Cryptic?
    the reason I wanted sources, is that I know the quotes are out of context and I would like to establish proper context, but probably not going to happen.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    If the T6 Vor'cha gets released I will bump that ship to the top of my buy list when there is a ship sale.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    LOL, you think a business decided to sabotage it's own sales so it could not make money? LOL!!!

Hmm...they make the Bortasqu'...a battlecruiser which is literally the anti-battlecruiser...it goes against everything that a battlecruiser is...except for that it can wield dual cannons...it sells horrible and they constantly pointed to it as to why they hardly made anything new for KDF, and nothing without a Starfleet variation.

Much later...after they release the Scimitar...the pinnacle of DPS...they release the Ar'kif...a ship with a rather odd and kinda bad layout that has a Lt Cmdr Uni...but the layout forces you to fill it with a Engineer...ship does so bad they even had to add a hangar to it just to sell. They use the Ar'kif as a excuse to never make a stand alone Romulan vessel. You're telling me they can't make a decent ship after they made the monster that is the Scimitar? That making yet another Tac centered vessel in a faction that is bloated with Tac based ships is a good idea? Especially making it the worst of the bunch.

So you think it's just a coincidence? Just some random little happenstance that after they make the biggest bomb for KDF they decided not to make anymore individual KDF ships...you think it was random they made such a awesome ship such as the Scimitar then to make such a horrible ship as the Ar'kif? You think they have a problem with tanking a ship or two just so they have a excuse to not work on stand alone ships for the smaller of the factions?

I guess someone here was born yesterday...
  • Options
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Hmm...they make the Bortasqu'...a battlecruiser which is literally the anti-battlecruiser...it goes against everything that a battlecruiser is...except for that it can wield dual cannons...it sells horrible and they constantly pointed to it as to why they hardly made anything new for KDF, and nothing without a Starfleet variation.

Much later...after they release the Scimitar...the pinnacle of DPS...they release the Ar'kif...a ship with a rather odd and kinda bad layout that has a Lt Cmdr Uni...but the layout forces you to fill it with a Engineer...ship does so bad they even had to add a hangar to it just to sell. They use the Ar'kif as a excuse to never make a stand alone Romulan vessel. You're telling me they can't make a decent ship after they made the monster that is the Scimitar? That making yet another Tac centered vessel in a faction that is bloated with Tac based ships is a good idea? Especially making it the worst of the bunch.

So you think it's just a coincidence? Just some random little happenstance that after they make the biggest bomb for KDF they decided not to make anymore individual KDF ships...you think it was random they made such a awesome ship such as the Scimitar then to make such a horrible ship as the Ar'kif? You think they have a problem with tanking a ship or two just so they have a excuse to not work on stand alone ships for the smaller of the factions?

I guess someone here was born yesterday...
    Really? I guess you forgot that the Mogh was made.... That was the one they mentioned as selling so poorly that it wasn't worth the time they put into making it. Also that line about the Ar'kif ignores the fact that the hangar got added in literally the very next patch, apparently the devs listened to the tribble feedback.

Also, you're ignoring that those weren't the sole reasons why they said Rom and KDF stuff wasn't as profitable. Those were simply examples. If you're thinking of the interview I think you are, they mentioned that all of the bundle packs have the same issue, even the Scimitar sold less than the Fed equivalent.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing