test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing on Risa Resort map.

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
So I seem to be regularly crashing on the Risa Resort map if I stay there to long. I did not have this problem before the latest mini season. Intel I7 6700k CPU with a GTX 970 video card here. 16gigs of Ram.
1e3sni150tar.jpg

Comments

• arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    I am having the same issue but only if I have a window open, bank, exchange fleet, email & so on.
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • hoffy1hoffy1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    ditto, al be it more random on my part, had twice today that the second I loaded in on the map, I was back looking at my desktop backgroundpicture with a message telling me the game had crashed ... "yah think?"
    yestarday it just happend after I finished a queue and loaded back into the map, as soon as the loading is done -> *poof*
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Happening to me also, seems random on timing, sometimes with an in game window open, sometimes just chatting. Multiple characters.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Does crypticError.exe run after the game client crashes? Do you get an error code?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    It runs, but no error code.​​
    signature.png
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    I get the message when it crashes as well. No error code.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    It crashes on me aswell. However I have the error ticket ID number: 104772802
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
    I wonder if this bug, reported on the PS4 forum, is related:

Please help. I logged out in RISA now the game will not load.
    qVpg1km.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It crashed once for me, albeit with no error message and nothing reproducable, the game simply shut down. I could simply restart and go on with no crashes afterwards. That's not very helpful I know, but maybe it means there's a problem with a specific part of Risa somewhere.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    It crashed once for me, albeit with no error message and nothing reproducable, the game simply shut down.
    That's what happened to me right now. Wanted to park the toon on Risa for the event, and on my way to the bank the game just vanished. Trying to log in again after the launcher is done checking all files.
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    It crashed once for me, albeit with no error message and nothing reproducable, the game simply shut down.
    That's what happened to me right now. Wanted to park the toon on Risa for the event, and on my way to the bank the game just vanished. Trying to log in again after the launcher is done checking all files.

It wont make a difference. I've veryfied files every time Risa crashed me and It didnt help at all. Hopefully they can fix this before the event starts. It will be frustrating to deal with this bug while I grind the event.
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.

It wont make a difference. I've veryfied files every time Risa crashed me and It didnt help at all. Hopefully they can fix this before the event starts. It will be frustrating to deal with this bug while I grind the event.

My thoughts as well.​​
    signature.png
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    And another crash with no error message, I can do anything in the game anywhere else, but Risa crashes left and right now. Ever since the last couple patches. Cryptic, please fix this before the Risa event. >.>
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • knockedup#2486 knockedup Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    And another crash with no error message, I can do anything in the game anywhere else, but Risa crashes left and right now. Ever since the last couple patches. Cryptic, please fix this before the Risa event. >.>
    same here
  • knockedup#2486 knockedup Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    just crashed again on Risa, this time with full CrypticError treatment...
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    Yep. and no warning. I was either by the bank console, or the dabo table, or just standing around on the beach, when POOF, game just vanished...and gotta spend 10-20 minutes loading things back up. o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Risa crashing on me as well quite a lot lately. I'll try to keep track of all the crashes to see if there's something that could be triggering it. No error code, just the standard report.

i5 6600K stock OC, 16 GB OC RAM with bios profile, nvidia gtx660ti, SSD, Asus board, 1080p with full in game resolution, using toxic waste of an OS win10 build by psychopaths at microsoft.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    Makes me wonder if there is some dangling code from the (now not working) day night cycle, which is causing this. I haven't been to Bajor since the start of lighting 2.0, but it does make ya wonder.​​
    signature.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    Only crashed once so far on Risa, but I had just finished putting something in my account bank and was trying to close that window when... CRYPTIC ERROR!

Would be nice to fix that on thursday.

Also... we got any word on the lunge chairs being fixed yet?
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Makes me wonder if there is some dangling code from the (now not working) day night cycle, which is causing this. I haven't been to Bajor since the start of lighting 2.0, but it does make ya wonder.​​

Huh... didn't think of the mangled code for the day/night cycle.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

The day/night cycles were removed with the release of "Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts" on October 25, 2016. I've been to Risa numerous times since then, as I'm sure other people have as well. This crashing seems to have started recently, probably after the patch on May 25, 2017.
    qVpg1km.png
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Only 2 observations of my persisting crashes so far that happen what feels like every 5 minutes:
    1. Using the game in non-maximized window mode just sitting and using the exchange on Risa causes random crashes
    2. Logging in to the character on Risa post crash shows the wet animation on the character as if they've just walked into the water, despite standing at the exchange area
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »

The day/night cycles were removed with the release of "Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts" on October 25, 2016. I've been to Risa numerous times since then, as I'm sure other people have as well. This crashing seems to have started recently, probably after the patch on May 25, 2017.

Yea, it seems to be only a recent thing, within the past week or two.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Makes me wonder if there is some dangling code from the (now not working) day night cycle, which is causing this. I haven't been to Bajor since the start of lighting 2.0, but it does make ya wonder.

Yea, it seems to be only a recent thing, within the past week or two.

Yeah. I realized this when I went to Bajor for a while and nothing.​​
    signature.png
  • sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Just had my 2nd crash in one hour. This time with Cryptic error. Error ticket ID: 104782356.

Edit:
    And another one. Error ticket ID: 104775490
    And another one. Error ticket ID: 104781186. This time no exchange window was involved but commendation advancement.
    And another one. Error ticket ID: 104903679. Accidentally opened the inventory, immediately thought 'damn! I wanted to beam out first', when game crashed.
    Post edited by sharmutashlikha#2072 on
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• neorophneoroph Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same here, crashing every now and then - and it produces more than 1.2 GB core dumps that the error process tries to send every time, blocking all the upstream on my small line (not the small dumps the error handler used to produce earlier this year). So I have to cancel the error message, hence no tickets.

Had about 10 crashes since the last update, usually while playing Dabo, watching exchange, mail, something or - in one case - doing nothing at all (being idle).
  • hoffy1hoffy1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    To quote reply from the devs at the official forums:
    "We know about this and a fix is on the way."

source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/6fv9rb/sto_crashing_on_risa/
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Just happened to me twice in the past 4 minutes. Did not open the inventory or anything. Just running to get off the boardwalk, when it happened. :/
  • leguxoliverleguxoliver Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Same here crashed twice in 2 minutes before not able to being back in game due to an other issue ... the good news is .. it s going to be fixed by the incoming patch .

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    Since there is already a dev stating they know, this may be useless, but still:

I also crash - game disappearing style - mostly already while logging a toon on Risa in. Didn't have a crash during running around there (wasn't too extensive though, just to the bank to get the summer stuff out). Even when I am loading Risa, which is exceptionally slow for me, and tabbing out, the game will sometimes shut down before I tab back and "press any key", so it isn't the display. I also noted the "wet effect" after relogging.

I did not have any problems on Bajor, which I played on multiple toons recently, and have not had any troubles before last week's patch, when I sent my first guys over.

Also, the crash handler crashes on me too, occasionally. Getting a message it started and then nothing happens for a quarter of an hour, have to deactivate it manually by task manager.

Loading with steam. (Yeah, I know, but I am lazy)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • on ps4 if you log off from planet risa you can't log back in i try the last 2 hours