test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The biggest Issue that is Killing this Game.

2»

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    'Harcourt S'taass Slar, you miserable sot!!! Have you been drinking again???' :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    homerlaws wrote: »
    It's some serious **** you can't be a female Gorn.

simple answer is some reptilian like frogs and some lizards have no male or female they can also reproduce without mating and usually those species tend to look very much alike as they dont need large sizes , bright colors pr plummage to attract mates because it is not necassary.

The gorn could be be considered like that they dont have a female since it is not needed for them to reproduce, also there was never any female gorn seen on screen nor referenced in the tv shows afaik.

Didn't stop them from making female Saurian, Pakled, Tellarite, and Remans...yet never bothered to make a single female for any of the KDF races that didn't show females on the show.

I for one would really like to see female Nausicaan!
    True, but if my boffs are any indication that would require creating, at minimum, a new head for each of those races. The Lethean head has almost no customization and seems to not use the normal head geo. Nausicaans are similar, but have a little more customization.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Since reptiles don't have mammaries how do you know you can't play a female Gorn?
    But they are alien reptiles, no reason they can't have mammaries.
    Think the better reason is that female gorn are too big. I recall reading somewhere they are nearly twice as big as regular males. And if you look at how big the NPC gorn wandering around Qo'nos is... then YIKES how big are the females??? unless those are female gorn.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    tqVIsRe.jpg
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Since reptiles don't have mammaries how do you know you can't play a female Gorn?
    Think the better reason is that female gorn are too big. I recall reading somewhere they are nearly twice as big as regular males. And if you look at how big the NPC gorn wandering around Qo'nos is... then YIKES how big are the females??? unless those are female gorn.
    Pretty sure they are.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    What's killing this game is the people screaming that everything and anything will kill this game. I swear, a new Tribble introduced will suddenly kill the game...
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    fluffymoof wrote: »
    What's killing this game is the people screaming that everything and anything will kill this game. I swear, a new Tribble introduced will suddenly kill the game...

only if it gets into the server hardware​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Wow. Female Gorn. With mammalian treats. Rhymes with the word I wanted to use. So someone can get their freqydeeky scaly on. With a ginormous pair of treats. Again, rhymes with the word I wanted to use. So get a girlfriend and have her dress up as HR Pufenstuf. Or Pete's Dragon. Or Malificent. Not having Fenale Gorn may just be the best 1st World Problem I've heard today.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • homerlawshomerlaws Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Why does everyone assume I want TRIBBLE on my big lizard ladies. I just want lizard women, realistically instead of size scaling (which would be cool but not terribly feasible) you could give them slightly different coloration, females being more drab while males being more colorful as is common in much of nature.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Females being eben more drab than the palette we already get? I think I'll pass... four color options, two of which are shades of grey, don't really leave much room for more drab.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    they need to GREATLY expand the scale color palette for male gorn before they even think about making drab females​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    I'll just leave this here...

18wtterwbw7pajpg_zpsqozeemwc.jpg
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Mammaries are the very thing(s) that make mammals mammals. Reptiles simply don't have them even in alien races. A true gorn cosplayer would take steps to avoid having them shown so prominently.
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    Pretty sure they are.

They aren't. What they are is the genetically engineered "super soldier" gorn, aka heavy rangers.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    'Harcourt S'taass Slar, you miserable sot!!! Have you been drinking again???' :)

Harcourt? BWAHAHAHAHAHA HARCOURT?! no wonder he tries to act all bad with a name like harcourt :D