test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Emails - 3 Day XP Boost and Holo-BOFFs

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Got an email from Perfect World titled "open for an EPIC opportunity". It landed in my junk mail folder which is something that doesn't usually happen to mail from either Cryptic of PWE. So I'm not sure if it's genuine. Anybody got some information about that?

They should have put an * on epic...

"open for an EPIC* opportunity"

(*Your epicness may vary.)
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    I'm still trying to figure out precisely what the minimum requirements are for it, because by my reckoning I have logged in on three consecutive days now. I didn't log in long yesterday as it was my state's primary election and I am an election worker, but I did log in and actually log into a character. But I'm not seeing any acknowledgement anywhere that I have completed the task, so I don't know
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Actually experience bonus on new KDF or Romulan toon is not preferable.
    You can only change ships on them after you get to episode (not remember which ones), but the enemies will be scaled to your level, and not to your ship... so you really do not want to "power level" them and be forced to fly T1 ships being on level 20+ ...
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Actually experience bonus on new KDF or Romulan toon is not preferable.
    You can only change ships on them after you get to episode (not remember which ones), but the enemies will be scaled to your level, and not to your ship... so you really do not want to "power level" them and be forced to fly T1 ships being on level 20+ ...

I had no problems with claiming a new ship during XP weekend on a Rommie. Even got to go to New Romulus for it before my character even discovered New Romulus.

The only issues I had were claiming my first cadre of DOFFs (you gotta report to Valaar on New Romulus, but because I hadn't discovered it yet, I didn't get the popup. It came in after "Neutral No More") and my cadre of holo DOFFs and that's only because I had yet to do the mission where you choose an alliance to KDF/Fed (the holo DOFFs are dependent on the faction alliance).
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Huh? Did the chaged it?
    I remember, that i was very pi...ed, that i need to fight in my 1st ship at level 20 or 22 on my KDF and Romulan Delta Recruit...
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Huh? Did the chaged it?
    I remember, that i was very pi...ed, that i need to fight in my 1st ship at level 20 or 22 on my KDF and Romulan Delta Recruit...

I assume they did.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    So a pleasant surprise welcomed me this evening when I logged ingame. I (and a few others it seems, at least according to my fleet chat) have received the convention-only Original Series BOFF gift-set.

I have a question: Is it a once-per-account unlock, or is it claimable by all toons forever?

Changed thread title to stand out more, as others are posting on this topic in the other email thread. - BaddMoonRizin
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I don't quite understand how you claim this reward.

I've logged in every day since getting the email but no unlock anywhere i can see? Is this a c-store promo unlock, because i already had an XP boost in the past, so does it lock me out of this one?
    SulMatuul.png
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    What does the description tell you? How did you receive the set? Is it in one of your C-Store tabs?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    What does the description tell you? How did you receive the set? Is it in one of your C-Store tabs?

Description is a little bare of the finer details. And it came via an email from Cryptic saying the BOFF set is in my Promotions tab.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That was a Small XP Boost in the past. That is all I could find in my Promotions Tab.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    That was a Small XP Boost in the past. That is all I could find in my Promotions Tab.

I have a large XP boost from somewhere. Can't recall where though, New Season giveaway? No idea.
    SulMatuul.png
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I literally just got the email a few minutes ago. "Captain, your contributions in the quadrant have not gone unnoticed."
    They apparently gave my account the TOS holographic bridge crew, the same set they give at conventions! Nice! I appreciate it Cryptic, thank you.

But just to let you know I am by no means a big spender, no whale. Don't think i spent anything this year. In fact my play time has been lacking recently.

Edit: havent looked in game yet, but it is claimable in Cstore promotions tab. I feel this is probably acct unlock.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    OMG! And a Holo-Leeta! I hope it's the one that can switch between the MU and Dabo outfits.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I literally just got the email a few minutes ago. "Captain, your contributions in the quadrant have not gone unnoticed."
    They apparently gave my account the TOS holographic bridge crew, the same set they give at conventions! Nice! I appreciate it Cryptic, thank you.

But just to let you know I am by no means a big spender, no whale. Don't think i spent anything this year. In fact my play time has been lacking recently.

Edit: havent looked in game yet, but it is claimable in Cstore promotions tab. I feel this is probably acct unlock.

yep claimed em on both my fed and tos fed. now I have to figure out who is getting spaced and which ones I'm actually using.

whatever they use to decide must be pretty low if you count the zen from the dil exchange I've spent about 200$ less then half that if you don't.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User

I haven't spent a dime on STO since Delta Rising originally came out, and I also got the TOS crew email. I'm also a primarily Romulan player, who grew up with TNG and DS9, and thus have no particular affinity for TOS.

A free gift is a free gift, but I can't help feeling like this might have gone to someone a bit more deserving....
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    No joy here.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    So the question I have for all you having just received this promotion. Once you claimed any number of those holo-BO's and assigned them a slot, can you see them on your bridge interior?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Apparently some people are now also getting emails with a code for the Holographic TOS Crew
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Someone has stated here before about these boffs who recieved them via conventions, perhaps with pictures, they do appear on bridge, however iirc the players complaint was they were sitting at their wrong stations, canon wise.
  • stoodoggstoodogg Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I recieved the Email, however I already own the TOS crew and the Leeta. shame there wasn't a code that i could give to a friend
    Panel member, Tribbles In Ecstasy
  • testsutetestsute Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    7FjqSkC.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    First promotion here were I am one of the lucky few :) Holographic Scotty :)

I honesty do feel for people who didnt get an e-mail. Trust me, I have been on that side too.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    Apparently some people are now also getting emails with a code for the Holographic TOS Crew

Yep. They're giving out holographic TOS boffs
    QOokFnk.jpg

as well as an Admiral Leeta boff. But you need to have spend over $150 over the past 60 days in order to get her. I got both items already. Leeta was given out during a charity livestream some time ago, and the holographic bridge crew was the reward for sending in a picture of you going to watch the new Star Trek movie, I think.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Finally a promotion item I didn't already own *cough*Archon*cough*. :)
    So I guess another RNG promotion additionally to the Large XP Boost promotion that's also currently going on.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    95KwATF.png

There is a thread already for the TOS BOFFs: TOS boff set
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • alphagoralphagor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Failed marketing strategy at it's brightest. Why not make these promos lifer exclusive? That way it would incentivise to actually get a sub instead of making longtime players hate the system and leave.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I wonder if this "epic opportunity" is in fact the start of some sort of tiered reward system that gives out prices depending on how much you spend on the game or how long/often you played in the past weeks and months.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    alphagor wrote: »
    Failed marketing strategy at it's brightest. Why not make these promos lifer exclusive? That way it would incentivise to actually get a sub instead of making longtime players hate the system and leave.

This.

They need to set some kind rules or at least explain stuff to us. Now it's the same situation as with the Nagus and Archon again. Some people got stuff, nobody knows why and no official word about it. If it really is pure RNG then fine, that's essentially fair but then there's also the issue that people who already have that stuff also somehow got the promotion while those who actually could get new stuff were left out. That's a (repeated) fail on epic levels.