test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Emails - 3 Day XP Boost and Holo-BOFFs

Comments

• kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I got one. o_o Holy cow I GOT ONE! Thank you Devs!

Ok, now do I have room on my TOS toon for them all? I've gotta make sure I have room!
  • veeger#9876 veeger Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I got this too! Thanks Cryptic/PWE! Much appreciated.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Also got the e-mail. On my free to play account btw, for those interested. I did buy quite a lot of Zen on that account though and a 1-month subscription for those interested in those details.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    I got a email saying that i can claim a fed bridge crew, nice but dont play fed which is prob why i got it,, lol
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I don't understand at all. I log in every day appart from when I'm on holiday. So that's 300+ days a year for whatcha 4 years. I doubt that is a criteria for getting a promo. And some people who never log on get things whilst those who are on every day get them too.
    Same with cash spent on the game, both big spenders and those never paying a penny get things emailed.

I'm convinced it's mostly random chance if you get one.

But now I have had one it appears to be a dud and/or useless anyway, so I guess I'll go back to ignoring their emails again.
    SulMatuul.png
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    95KwATF.png

There is a thread already for the TOS BOFFs: TOS boff set

Could you perhaps change the title for that thread? It's not real obvious that it's for the recent giveaway, as opposed to past threads with people griping they didn't get their codes from going to a convention yet, or people re-creating the original crew in the tailor.

Took me ages to find it

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1231380/tos-boff-set?

• thelematikerthelematiker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    God, i thought grmbl. Why don´t I get one.
    Today I have my mail too. Thank you Cryptic.

I hope that everyone get them, because THAT is an Epic Opportunity.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Enh, I'm not bothered about freebies.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    A thank you, Cryptic.
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    i got the e-mail too, and hopefully this won't be unlocked through the promotion tab...because i've already gotten a large experience boost through another giveaway, and it's a once-per-account claim

which means that, unless they either convert the item's coding to allow for repeatable earn-and-claim or reset the 'already claimed' flag, i and everyone else who already got this through one of those other giveaways once before are getting screwed out of it​​

My guess is that the Holographic TOS Bridge Crew is being given away in lieu of the Large Boost, at least for those players who have previously claimed the boost. The timing of both giveaways is the same.

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    i got the e-mail too, and hopefully this won't be unlocked through the promotion tab...because i've already gotten a large experience boost through another giveaway, and it's a once-per-account claim

which means that, unless they either convert the item's coding to allow for repeatable earn-and-claim or reset the 'already claimed' flag, i and everyone else who already got this through one of those other giveaways once before are getting screwed out of it​​

My guess is that the Holographic TOS Bridge Crew is being given away in lieu of the Large Boost, at least for those players who have previously claimed the boost. The timing of both giveaways is the same.

Lo and behold, this moring I got both in my email, after all! :) Large XP boost I don't need any more; but the holographic TOS boffs were a welcome addition!

P.S. I certainly didn't go to no Trek convention; so this shows, once more, it's really all random: I didn't get the gold-plated Ferengi Marauder because of being a loyal customer, any more than I received the holo-boffs for having been at any Trek convention.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Love the giveaway, it was my bitrthday and i got the boffs!, it was great timing!, so thanks Cryptic!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Love the giveaway, it was my bitrthday and i got the boffs!, it was great timing!, so thanks Cryptic!

~puts on a party hat, blow a party favor favor and throws some confetti and glitter~ ^_^ V
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • tehibristehibris Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    It would be nice if when clicking the link that says CLAIM you're sent to something confirming success... I got sent back to the homepage with no indication that it had worked.

Patching up to login with my Fed toon to see if it worked...

EDIT: Yep, worked. Thanks Cryptic :D
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Would have been nice if we could have one the way we were supposed to have been able to have got them though. I mean we did go to a convention but it is not our fault the CM leaves before we get a chance to send her pictures of us there. And this promotion being an RNG email one means no joy here :(

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    And that was my issue. You go to a US based COn you got them, but you go to the European one and you dont.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    dirlettia wrote: »
    And that was my issue. You go to a US based COn you got them, but you go to the European one and you dont.

I already debunked that in another thread: I didn't go to any convention, and still got all 7 holo-boffs.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    This one I got, too, both TOS boffs and Leeta (which I already had). So thanks.

About the "spent": I think it refers to money spent on zen, not zen spent on stuff, since I didn't buy much over the last 60 days, but actually got me some zen during the last sale.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    dirlettia wrote: »

Ever think CBS/Paramount who own Trek and is a US based company wanted the home market for Trek to only have them first?
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Ya, I also just got the TOS crew and Leeta. Nice rewards for doing...whatever the requirements are, but it would have been nice if they gave it as a code instead. I already had the TOS crew so would have been nice to be able to give this to someone.
    And I can't log by now. Even trying to log here was a pain. :neutral:
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Indeed a nice gift, I'm DLing the patch right now so I'm going to cross my fingers for when I log-into STO. I created 3 AoY characters, but only played 1 of them so far. My main is a regular Fed though so here is to hoping. Congratulations to those Cryptic deemed worthy enough, but seems like it would've been a nice overall everyone gifting. Besides, I feel I have to buy the new bundle now anyways since they included it on sale as well LOL.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Woo-hoo!! Got my email at 1:05 am today! So, don't loose hope yet if you didn't get it yet. Anyways...
    alphagor wrote: »
    Failed marketing strategy at it's brightest. Why not make these promos lifer exclusive? That way it would incentivise to actually get a sub instead of making longtime players hate the system and leave.

This.

They need to set some kind rules or at least explain stuff to us. Now it's the same situation as with the Nagus and Archon again. Some people got stuff, nobody knows why and no official word about it. If it really is pure RNG then fine, that's essentially fair but then there's also the issue that people who already have that stuff also somehow got the promotion while those who actually could get new stuff were left out. That's a (repeated) fail on epic levels.
    Has anyone tried figuring out what the people posting that they got the email have in common? Here goes my details:

LTS
    Buys Zen (none in the past month that I can recall, and then generally using a prepaid card)
    Logged in every day at least once for the past 3 weeks.

Know what? I feel like 1:05am might be about when the daily rep project for the new rep may have completed, tipping me into T4 of the rep. Anyone able to debunk this theory? Or confirm it? Can't really imagine that'd be the trigger if they weren't saying so...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • reaperclubreaperclub Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    My boost is in my promo tab, but I can't claim it, I already got it in some starter pack I opened. I didn't get another email for TOS crew
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User

I don't think it's in lieu of it as I have never gotten a promo Large XP boost before.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    As far as I know you can get multiple Promotions of the same thing as long as their 'sub-title' is different. I have two Tabby Cats there in that Promotions Tab.

Additionally, I have two Holo-Leeta's there as well. One was from the Groupees Promotion. That one was just Mirror Leeta. I picked up another during the Thanksgiving Black Friday (Weekend) Promotion. That was a choice of Dabo Leeta or Mirror Leeta. Today after I signed on after Patching both items in the Promotions Tab were choice Leetas.

I did also receive the TOS Bridge Crew and Epic Opportunity Emails as well. I claimed the crew on a couple of Characters already but have not yet seen the Large XP Boost. The only XP Boost thing I had in my Promotions Tab is for a claimed Small XP Boost.

EDIT: Just received the Leeta Email, logged in and now my Promotions Tab has THREE choice Leetas. All different 'sub-titles'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I never seem to be included in things like this..

:(
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Something something, said something, not relevant anymore.
    Post edited by alexraptorr on
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Hi all, this isnt a bug report yet, its more of a question.
    I already had the Star Trek Convention - Holo Leeta, I noticed today I got the Holo Leeta Bridge Officer - Promotional Leeta,
    Ro1CQSj.jpg

Question is do I get 2 Leeta's :-)

Thank you for your time.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,745 Community Moderator
    HUqGaiT.png

Threads:
    CRYPTIC EMAIL - 3 DAY XP BOOST
    CRYPTIC EMAIL - TOS CREW HOLO-BOFFS
    2 DIFFERENT HOLO LEETA'S
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch