test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 13] Official Feedback Thread on the Queues, New UI, and PPS

Comments

• Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    Today it said I matched a queue, then nothing happened and I had to wait for another queue to match.
    No idea what is going on.

With all the problems I and others are experiencing along with the disapproval in general, all I can conclude is this should not have been implemented and it wasn't ready anyway,

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Queues will pop and make you join them without telling you which one you're going into or even asking if you accept or decline.

I had one instance where I queued up both red alerts accepted one and got ported into the other.

Queues will pop and sometimes take well over a minute after clicking accept for them to do anything BUT due to the missing countdown timer you have no indication of its progress.

Why are the queue entries for red alerts seperate from those in sector space?

You can join a queue via the ui, but also via sector space and because the joining is more than a little broken you can accept the sector space one start it off then suddenly get whisked away by the pve queue alert and dropped off in a new one that may or may not be the same group.

Still really bad and clunky over all but at least the cooldown timer made a comeback,
  • Options
    starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    i was looking for KVA and cant find it,did they remove them? i can see some elite but no advance.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Khitomer Vortex? I see the opposite: Advanced version, but no Elite. The 2 yellow rank pips indicate the Advanced version of a queue. Elite version is represented by 3 red pips.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    The current incarnation of the queue interface is inconvenient to the point of aggravation.

Yes, the list was getting long. It would've helped if they hadn't stickied three seasons' worth of queues as "featured" on top in a desperate attempt to satisfy the metrics gods. Still, I was able to filter ground and space easily, see how many people were queued and get forewarning of which map was being loaded.

Now I have to hunt for the queues I want to do, click difficulty on each and every one every single time. Not that big a deal once or twice, but it avalanches into quite a tedious process. I can queue for more than three things, which is a definite improvement, but I can no longer mix space and ground because the pop just whisks me away without a chance to switch traits or specs.

If the various glitches get fixed, the new system will be tolerable. My current method is to filter by type on the choice of marks tab and scrounge up stragglers like NTTE from their own tabs. A favorites tab would be a good addition to this setup.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Not gone, just hidden.

You have to click on the chevrons in the "skill" column to reveal the other difficulty settings now, one queue at a time. Not that the game tells you this or anything. It sucks.
  • Options
    starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    sure those thx
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Don't feel bad OP it took me about three or four days to figure out the new queques. Yup got to love the new UI so simple to use and find a queque. Just kidding please seriously bring back the old one sure it wasn't perfect but was far easier then this new and improved one.
    Post edited by ssbn655 on
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Am I stupid, or is there now no way to queue for the same mission at multiple skill levels? It only seems to let me check normal, advanced or elite, and not any combination thereof.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Am I stupid, or is there now no way to queue for the same mission at multiple skill levels? It only seems to let me check normal, advanced or elite, and not any combination thereof.
    Nope you are not stupid. With this new and improved queque you can only check off one level at a time and they all share the same old cooldown no matter what level you pick.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    and they all share the same old cooldown no matter what level you pick.
    Well, that was what the devs chose to do before the UI overhaul.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Nope you are not stupid. With this new and improved queque you can only check off one level at a time and they all share the same old cooldown no matter what level you pick.

Well that's just asinine.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Why would you ever check more than one Queue at a time? Don't you know what you want to play? Besides that, you are giving others a false sense of nearing entry to the other Queues that you did enter.

Such selfishness and lack of courtesy to others. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    That shared cooldown for various levels of the same PVE Queue has been around for a long time before this new UI. Let's not pile on problems that aren't a result of the new UI, when they aren't.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    The shared cooldown might be, but being unable to queue them simultaneously is not.

And why am I complaining? It's not like I can sit there for 10 minutes waiting for some queue to pop so I can earn some rep currency I need to keep that daily moving. :-s

There really should be solo versions of every single one of these queues. I would appreciate being able to sidestep the whole "deal with people to form a premade" vs "gamble on a getting PUG full of incompetent assclowns" dichotomy.

*edit* And just spare me the "Um, it's called, like, an MMO for a reason, or whatever." TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Why would you ever check more than one Queue at a time?
    Because you want to play something now instead of waiting in line all day, duh.
  • Options
    There really should be solo versions of every single one of these queues. I would appreciate being able to sidestep the whole "deal with people to form a premade" vs "gamble on a getting PUG full of incompetent assclowns" dichotomy.
    Players should indeed be able to start private queues without minimum player requirement. Not because of dealing with people or getting poor randos, but simply because it's possible to finish a lot of them alone or with a short team, so there's no compelling reason we shouldn't be allowed to start them that way, too.
  • Options
    I guess some people just don't know what a winky eye means.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    wildeye042wildeye042 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    PvE UI: Change the All tab to Joined tab (one that remember the difficulty level of joined queues). Listing all the queues without adequate filters is somewhat pointless and the difficulty level pop-downs still make it a choir to use unless all you do are normal queues.

EDIT: Change the All tab to Selected/Joined tab.
    Post edited by wildeye042 on
  • Options
    wildeye042wildeye042 Member Posts: 87 Arc User

In the same vein, this is an idea I've been kicking around (and may flesh out later): Since battlezones can be soloed, for the most part, turn queues that share marks with a battlezone (Solanae Dyson Sphere, Badlands, Gon'cra) into daily/weekly events instead. Make the battlezones a little more structured and rewarding with repeatable/daily missions.

Actually, I just described the Voth battlezone which used to be great fun with tons of missions and lots of variety until everyone moved on to more challenging and rewarding content. I still run through it occasionally just for kicks. By comparison, the Undine/Badlands/Gon'cra battlezones quickly get stale and repetitive; they could all stand to become individually unique with more narratively relevant content added instead of being re-skinned clones of each other in otherwise big empty space. Just giving them more personality would help: patrols, hazards, random good/bad encounters.

More focus on the battlezones and less on forcing players into queues might help alleviate a lot of the frustration players feel. With the death of the trinity in STO, queues are now basically mini-battlezones anyway with a bunch of players with hugely varying levels of knowledge and capability pretty much doing their own thing.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    Is there now no way to queue for the same mission at multiple skill levels? It only seems to let me check normal, advanced or elite, and not any combination thereof.

I've never tried to queue for all three difficulties, but I have managed to queue for Advanced and Elite at the same time.
    This is how I do it:
    1. Check Advanced.
    2. Switch to Elite Difficulty, check it as well.
    3. Click the enter queues button and it should say something like 2 queues.
    You just can't see you're queued for Advanced unless you switch the difficulty back again.

But I gave up doing that because I never knew which one was filling up and Elite always launches while Advanced doesn't.
    I think that's more a subject of player appeal, Binary Assault isn't popular in Advanced, so Elite is the one you must choose if you want to do it.
    It still takes a while though, a 10 player queue doesn't launch as fast as a 5 player one.
    Or it could also be that the Competitive PvE queues aren't very popular, so less players are joining them.

And it's still doing mismatches, got three queue matches, only the last one launched.
    I am wondering why the many failures to launch.
    My most prevalent theory is that a player has gone AFK while waiting for the launch and doesn't click accept in time.
    Or it's first come, first served and if I'm not fast enough clicking accept, someone takes my slot who is faster.
    Another theory is that the game is filtering someone on my ingore list and not matching me to the queue to keep me away from them.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    I'd queued for a couple of PvE missions then transwarped to my Fleet Base. Whilst the game loaded I alt-tabbed out and then was AFK for a bit. When I got back and alt-tabbed back into STO I discovered I'd been hit with a leaver penalty. Can anyone explain how I can accept AND quit a match whilst being AFK and stuck in a load screen? Seems screwy to me!!!
  • Options
    I've heard if you're in a load screen when a queue pops, you automatically get leaver penalty. Probably one of the many perks of the oh so wonderful queue UI revamp.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The current queue system has a bug where it will join you without asking or warning.

Not even the audio warning either, not that you'd hear it as tabbing out kills all the game audio.

I've had it happen whilst inside a red alert, which should drop you from all other queues once you enter, and as a result got a leaver penalty.

The lack of testing for such a key system in the game is pretty mind boggling.
  • Options
    lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    I knew the join option was glitchy - I've been dropped into matches without being asked, and dropped from the queue without explanation, but wasn't aware you could be matched whilst in the load screen. Definite CrapTech design.
    The current queue system has a bug where it will join you without asking or warning.

Not even the audio warning either, not that you'd hear it as tabbing out kills all the game audio.

I've had it happen whilst inside a red alert, which should drop you from all other queues once you enter, and as a result got a leaver penalty.

The lack of testing for such a key system in the game is pretty mind boggling.

• Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    I had a fun one this morning..logged in, all my usual elite grounds were on cd (with no timer) despite leaving yesterday with everything off cd

Took ten or so minutes for the system to realise they should not be on cd - then I set elites up, waited and twenty minutes later..

..yup, queue kicked me with no notification.

They really need to sort this out
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    HUqGaiT.png

Thread: Leaver Penalty? O.o

Reason: Considering the overall opinion being that issues with the new UI and queuing system contributed in some way to the penalty.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch