test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What in the BLUE BLAZES did you all do to The Battle of Korfez elite?

WHAT DID YOU DO?! you ruined it! the only STF that gave me joy to fly over and over and over again because the end game is non-exesistent and you all ruined it?!
2j4zi3k.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    How did they ruin it? Is the background color purple now?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    warpcorewallywarpcorewally Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    It is a scaling issue. I made a comment about it in the bug report forum. In the years I've been playing this game, this is the first time I felt I had to post something. I really hope they fix this soon. Even with the post balance change adjustments that I made to my build, the NPCs are nearly invulnerable. We can't even get past the first wave of ships. The mission is unplayable now.
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    sure it is.

Did "you" go play it to find out?, or is this your "gut instinct"?

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    sure it is.

Dude... calm down. Scaling issues are a known problem right now. Raging about it won't make them work faster.
    It gets done when it gets done.
    3784911.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    sure it is.

Dude... calm down. Scaling issues are a known problem right now. Raging about it won't make them work faster.
    It gets done when it gets done.
    3784911.jpg

You think im not calm?, ok.
  • Options
    Lol as a matter of fact i have never done Battle of Korfez Elite, which is why i wouldn't tell anyone "sure it is" who said it was unplayable.

Keep in mind as an old goat i am always an iceberg, guess quotation marks somehow imply rage to some people.

Interesting.
  • Options
    You are coming across as a bit combative. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. I'm only working off text so how an emotion is being conveyed may be lost in translation.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You are coming across as a bit combative. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. I'm only working off text so how an emotion is being conveyed may be lost in translation.

Fair enough, however you don't know me very well, i am rarely combative but almost without exception blunt.

When i do get combative, no one misses it.

I find that without quoting certain phrases people these days, and i am not pointing the finger at anyone in particular here such as yourself or Azrael605, are often just too thick to get the point.

No need to be sorry.

• Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    It is a scaling issue. I made a comment about it in the bug report forum.

I have yet to try this STF again, but after reading this thread, I'll check it out tomorrow.

I wonder if that really is a scaling issue (bug) or if they simply ramped up Korfez to be at par with the other elite space queues... Korfez is really hardly "Elite" in difficulty. It was more of like an Advanced+ queue. Slightly harder or almost as easy as advanced, but way behind the other Elites. If they standardized scaling, then it may be why the NPCs have higher HP now.

Do they hit harder now too?
  • Options
    warpcorewallywarpcorewally Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    They hit much harder too. There's no way to complete the first wave in the time allowed. I've tried it 5 times over the last couple of days and it's just not happening. And as for azrael605, please try the que before you comment on the changes.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    *lights DPSlord signal*

@snipey47a
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Were the Bentham still broken?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Having tried this once just now in TSC, I can say that the mobs are now properly "Elite" difficulty in terms of HP and firepower. We got through the first 2 stages but failed the third (Benthan) stage. Had the Benthans not come out, we probably would have won it.

It's actually pretty exciting and challenging now. I personally like it.

We'll try again. :smile:
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Yeah, it's properly elite now, nothing too hard, just needs actually some effort, instead of being easy farming run.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Can't get beyond the first stage anymore. Usually pretty solid at tanking, but couldn't withstand the new and improved Vaaudwar at all.
    NOT going to complain as this game did need Elite content that actually IS Elite. I just hope the DPS Epeen wavers go play this REAL Elite content instead of patting themselves on the back for getting **** dps in their 241231231231223th run of ISA.

Sadly, it means I no longer qualify to play it, though that is my own fault really.

Nah they wont...they do ISA because it's easy and they pad their numbers...can't just fly in circles while spamming FaW in content where you actually have to try! :p
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Were the Bentham still broken?

Bentham has been broken since his head fell off. But you can still go and visit him in London ;)
  • Options
    Fair enough, however you don't know me very well, i am rarely combative but almost without exception blunt.

When i do get combative, no one misses it.

I find that without quoting certain phrases people these days, and i am not pointing the finger at anyone in particular here such as yourself or Azrael605, are often just too thick to get the point.

No need to be sorry.

Well... the emphasis you put on certain words did make it appear combative. I was just trying to diffuse the situation without causing a war.

And I do agree that sometimes people just don't get it.
    lianthelia wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Can't get beyond the first stage anymore. Usually pretty solid at tanking, but couldn't withstand the new and improved Vaaudwar at all.
    NOT going to complain as this game did need Elite content that actually IS Elite. I just hope the DPS Epeen wavers go play this REAL Elite content instead of patting themselves on the back for getting **** dps in their 241231231231223th run of ISA.

Sadly, it means I no longer qualify to play it, though that is my own fault really.

Nah they wont...they do ISA because it's easy and they pad their numbers...can't just fly in circles while spamming FaW in content where you actually have to try! :p

Kinda agree. Who cares if you can get X DPS in Infected Advanced? Its one STF where if things line up, you get epic numbers. Like to see those numbers in something like Japori or somewhere else where you don't have a team buffing each other with AP Beta. Sometimes... the journey is just as rewarding as the result. While it is fun to watch things melt... its also fun to feel like you earned that victory.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    A very utilitarian suggestion. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    So we did this again with a mixed team of 30k, 50k, and 75k+ pulled from various channels and we got to the final boss. Failed that one. We got the boss down to 80% or so then it would teleport and heal.

Still not calling this impossible, though I think you now need a team of 50k+ at the minimum to complete this, or a very high spike damage team. Potentially a team of all 75k+ players might be able to do it. Difficult to try though since it was hard forming a team to take this on in the first place.

Compared to HSE, the mobs here do not hit as hard as Hive Elite, but they are much more mobile so you'd have to chase them down. Also, some segments require you to split, so each member has to deal enough damage and healing on his/her own.

This is turning out to be fun! :smile:
  • Options
    I'm guessing a team with a Drain, CC/exotic and a couple of spike ships (maybe cannon builds) can do it.
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    Have I played it today? No, I'm at work right now & I don't work on a computer so no I can't play it right niw. That said, in the 6 years I've been playing STO I have never seen anything that made any part of the game "unplayable", closest I have ever seen was the so-called "acid trip" graphics bug from the LoR launch period.

Now in the time I have been playing I have seen many people claim that one thing or another has made part or all of the game "unplayable" and my reaction to that is always to play that content at the earliest possible opportunity, and like I said I have never once had anything be unplayable.

Then you should be working.
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    How did they ruin it? Is the background color purple now?

If you look closely at the baby gorilla pic, he has a purple background of sorts. I don't think he's been ruined.
  • Options
    generalkertag#2364 generalkertag Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I like a tough fight, it keeps things fun, but they went just a little overboard with Korfez Elite, I guess the devs really wanted to show the players what REAL DPS is lols. They were all like "oh, okay you min/max players want to see some real DPS, here ya go". However, I think it should be scaled back by at least 25% considering it only 1 of 3 STF where you can get Delta marks, and the ONLY one where you can get a decent amount of Delta marks. Having it so tough makes it harder on people who want to grind Delta rep gear.
    2j4zi3k.jpg

This discussion has been closed.