What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 13] Official Feedback Thread on the Queues, New UI, and PPS

Comments

• arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    nccmax2 wrote: »
    arabatur wrote: »
    Did you mean cue?
    no i meant que as in "queues" pve queues, or as szim said "new UI", but there is better topic about this any way.[/quote

Obviously! At least you can spell queue correctly now. I guess the lowest form of humour flew straight over your head ;)
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Damn! That UI sure is a nasty sight to behold.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The only thing that is good is the way the "Queued Group" stays together after a run, so you can play more together. But even forming said groups is clunky, complex and non-intuitive, and fairly offputting.
    SulMatuul.png
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I don't like it right now, but if the selection menu for difficulty wasn't a menu*, mark cooldown added, and simply clicking to join a queue was brought back...then I could work with it. *I like to see how many people are queued up for whichever difficulty. Makes it easier to find and get a game going.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    The new Queue is just god awful!
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    In comparison the old UI was better, hand over fist.

This new UI, especially w/o any walkthrough, is overly complicated.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    its in the patch notes pvp temporarly taken offline
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Adding my 2 cents. Like everyone has said already, the new UI looks nice, but it's missing a lot of info, and figuring out how to change difficulties is too ambiguous, that arrow needs to be bigger. Also, as it's already been mentioned, we need to column that shows how many people are currently playing, how long until the cool-down is over, and it would be nice if there was an easier way to see what everyone is doing. Like a way to sort by most popular, or at least have the option to show all queues so you can quickly just scroll down the list and see what's the most popular instead of checking every difficulty of every mission one at a time.
    But with the uproar in the forums I DID take a look at it this morning.

All I can say is: it isn't very elegant. Nor very intuitive. Drop down list for difficulty is a bad idea.
    Radial buttons (check boxes) to select "Normal", "Advanced" and "Elite" for each title might work better?

And the only people who might find sorting by Mark Type would be newer players looking for particular marks.
    So, probably, a plus for Consoles....but once they get done with Rep....then it will be the same complaints as PC, I think.

Would be good to separate Ground from Space in the lists somehow.

Maybe buttons on top of the window for the popular queues...face it, that is what everyone is looking for.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    its in the patch notes pvp temporarly taken offline

^
    This
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    PC Patch Notes for 4/26/17

General:

Resolved an issue where enemies were often scaled to the incorrect level in some difficulties in some PVE queues.
    Core Assault:
    The Elite version is now available.
    Enemies despawn when the door is opened.
    Players no longer receive a fail message when a successful choice is given in the Simon Says styled game in room 2.
    Krieger Ground weapons from the Privateer lockbox:
    Now Bind to Account on Equip
    Now have random mods when obtained
    Space PVP queues are once again available.

Known Issues:

Foundry functions will be temporarily unavailable.
    The new queue “Twin Tribulations” will not be available at the launch of Escalation.
    We are making updates based on player feedback from its recent launch on Tribble.
    Temporal Operative and Command ground powers cannot be slotted as default Bridge Officer powers.
    The Kobali Adventure Zone map incorrectly labels the level range of the zones.
    The Kobali Adventure Zone missions cannot be replayed.
    The whistle sound for a when a queue match is ready plays twice.
    When the player opens the new PvE queue UI for only the first time, the categories will be out of order.
    Close the window and reopen to resolve this.
    Ground PVP queues are temporarily unavailable.
    Core Assault: Failing on Elite grants an elite Temporal Mark.

Space PvP came back this morn with patch.

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    The new UI is dressed up nice but as far as functionality goes is lagging behind the old one. I'd like to request additions to the new UI

1. Return of being able to see the daily cool down for marks/events
    2. The ability to filter and select the difficulty levels you want rather than having to select Skill for every PvE individually, this is not a QOL improvement on the old UI it just adds more tedious clicks that are not ness and takes longer to queue up for multiple PvE. Plus it resets to normal if you happen to close the UI.
    3. Missions have a 30 min cd, cool ! you tell me its locked and has a 30 min cd. How about like the old UI I can see when its due to come off cd. i.e timer
    4. Immediately disbanding team when mission is complete rather than like previously team disbands once everyone leaves the map.
    5. When creating a private lobby there is no chat option for the lobby need to bring this back. So creator can state game rules and confirm everyone is ready to launch

Agree completely with each issue you pointed out.
  • nccmax2nccmax2 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    arabatur wrote: »
    Obviously! At least you can spell queue correctly now. I guess the lowest form of humour flew straight over your head ;)

i am sry if i have offended you in any way while trying to clarify what i am talking about.

The new UI is dressed up nice but as far as functionality goes is lagging behind the old one. I'd like to request additions to the new UI

1. Return of being able to see the daily cool down for marks/events
    2. The ability to filter and select the difficulty levels you want rather than having to select Skill for every PvE individually, this is not a QOL improvement on the old UI it just adds more tedious clicks that are not ness and takes longer to queue up for multiple PvE. Plus it resets to normal if you happen to close the UI.
    3. Missions have a 30 min cd, cool ! you tell me its locked and has a 30 min cd. How about like the old UI I can see when its due to come off cd. i.e timer
    4. Immediately disbanding team when mission is complete rather than like previously team disbands once everyone leaves the map.
    5. When creating a private lobby there is no chat option for the lobby need to bring this back. So creator can state game rules and confirm everyone is ready to launch

for no.3 you can see cooldown time when you select pve, in the top right corner.
    i would really like the old UI back until the new one is iron out. this is even do pretty, terrible to use.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Yeah they just need to revert the whole thing and take their time to improve it. Right now it is worse in literally every way possible.

In the last patch notes it was still a work in progress. Next patch that goes to holodeck and it's finished. The result:

- an UI that requires more clicks to work,
    - filters that cannot be turned off (the reps on the left hand side which are basically filters),
    - hidden difficulties,
    - no option to join a new queue later on without first having to leave another queue you were already in,
    - sudden map transfers with no warning (which means that if you're handling some stuff on the exchange or fighting in a battlezone while waiting for the queue, you are suddenly interrupted)

Whoever thought that this system was ready for release, needs to rethink that decision. This new UI should never have been released in its current state without more testing and listening to feedback.
    If this was actually the goal, then you need to ask yourself why you would want players to have less information, less options and more difficulty in using one of the basic and most vital systems - which is queuing for game content.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I hate to be so negative, but this new UI is just worthless. I can't make anything else out of it, nor do I see any advantage of this UI over the previous one.

Why did we need a new UI anyways? If they could at least give us the reason for changing it, then we might be able to present alternatives. Like, if the length of the queue list was getting problematic (which I can understand) then a suggestion would be to just keep the old UI, but separate it into different tabs based on difficulty. No forced filtering would then be needed, just separation and spreading of the queues.

I'm not going to pretend that I know better how they could solve these things, but (in case anyone at Cryptic reads this) I do know that you guys can do better than this.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael, please take these into account too (see below).

Oh, and the double-click to 'join' is silly. :)

meimeitoo wrote: »
    Also. 2 things:

1) I can no longer queue for both Normal and Advanced (was waiting like half-an-hour for Tzenkethi Front Advanced to queue, so I figured I'd queue for Normal too then, but coukdn't).

2) It is no longer possible to see what you're queued for (unless you selected each mission you're queued for, LOL). This is annoying.

3lsZz0w.jpg
  • trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    If they were going to go this route, they should have added tab for:
    • All - so that you have a list of all of the missions available
    • Ground
    • Space

These tabs should be on the top before you go into specific marks specific ones. Still the old design was much better.

• ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    nccmax2 wrote: »

for no.3 you can see cooldown time when you select pve, in the top right corner.

Yes thank you I missed it initially as its fairly small. I shall edit that part out of my post
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    If they were going to go this route, they should have added tab for:
    • All - so that you have a list of all of the missions available
    • Ground
    • Space

These tabs should be on the top before you go into specific marks specific ones. Still the old design was much better.

Yeah, the Devs should bring back the old PvE interface with the suggested tab. It was pretty easy to filter on difficulty and double click to join a queue. If they want to add a filter for the specific marks players are looking for in the old PvE UI, then that would be considered an actual improvement.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    deniskr87 wrote: »
    to much clicking for just simple que... Old one was way better...

^^ This.

Honestly, though, I like this one better. Especially the grouping by Marks.

As for the clicks, Cryptic, don't take it too hard. Your work is ingenious. It's quality work. And there are simply too many clicks, that's all. Just cut a few and it will be perfect.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    i would be fine with it as long as they show how many people are playing the queue. Not actually queued but playing. That way I can avoid the dead ones.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • purplegrrrlpurplegrrrl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    All of this and a bag of chips. The old UI wasn't pretty, and it wasn't fancy, but it was functional. Highly functional.

Personally, I grind elite queues, both ground and space, primarily for the salvaged tech and crafting mats, so most of time I couldn't care less about which marks are associated with the queue and just take fleet marks if given a choice. But, as so many have already said, this new UI makes queuing for multiple STFs a real pain, and queuing for multiple elite STFs even more so. Hell, even just finding the queue I want now is harder because I have to remember which marks are associated with it instead of just scrolling through a nicely alphabetized list that I could sort and filter according my needs.

But when I am grinding for specific rep marks - and again, others have already said it, so I'm just adding my voice to theirs, as it were - being able to queue for the same instance at multiple difficulty levels is very handy, and I would very much like to be able to do so again.

Additionally, the lack of a confirmation pop up when successfully matched and a count down timer to let you know when the instance will actually start is sorely missed. See, I would sometimes queue for both ground and space, and the confirmation pop up would let me know which specific queue was ready, while the timer count down would allow me to quickly swap out skills and gear if needed - active rep space and ground skills, most specifically, but also certain ground kit skills that I sometimes only use for one particular instance or another, and/or other instance-specific gear/traits/skills/boff abilities/etc. In fact, when it comes to swapping out traits and active rep abilities, this heads up warning was pretty much vitally necessary, since you can't change those once you're actually in the instance. So I would really, really like to see that re-implemented.

My fear/suspicion is that this new UI is somehow so integrated with the new match-making system on the backend that a simple reversion will be nigh impossible without scrapping the new system entirely. But I hope that you guys can somehow restore at least some of the functionality of the old UI.
  • turkeysandvichsturkeysandvichs Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    The phrase 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' comes to mind.

Were there any complaints about the previous UI? It seemed perfect to me, it was easy to understand and navigate. This one is anything but.