test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAW Finally Nerfed

I never thought I'd see the day. Beam Overload took a hit too, but also got an interesting buff.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10426883-details-on-space-balance-changes

Comments

• Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    The question will be if accuracy just became important or not. I hope that torpedos will become more favorable and subsystem buffs add to science ships more than anything.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    That should be very interesting. And the innate immunity to warp core breaches for pets is very VERY welcome.

Who wants some pop-corn in my flame-&-tear-proof bunker?

That, however:
    Subnucleonic Beam is now a Lieutenant Commander or higher Science Bridge Officer Power. In its place, Science Captains now gain Deflector Overcharge, which significantly increases outgoing healing, exotic damage, control abilities, and drain abilities for a short duration.
    Not cool as it was a nice innate ability against some foes. But having it as a Boff ability should allow it to be used more often. But I'm gonna have to choose between it and GW.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    The entire "balance" update is meaningless unless they adjust the game to the average player. Right now the game is geared for 25k+ DPS. The average player can maybe get to 7K. They need to rework the game to not be reliant on DPS and more focused on new players. Only have elite ques for the ones that must have 50K+ DPS.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Who wants some pop-corn in my flame-&-tear-proof bunker?

One ticket to the flame proof bunker please!

This is gonna be fun..... >:)

SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Don't mind me, I'm popping corks and drinking bloodwine over the battered corpse of faw

..and to all those who are going to complain.. You all knew faw was op and so you should have realised faw would eventually get the kicking its royally deserved for many years. Kudos to the devs for finally getting the dyson spheres to tackle the dragon of faw finally​​
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    *Celebrates*

Maybe EVERYTHING won't die in a single second. It may need 2 seconds now :P
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    The entire "balance" update is meaningless unless they adjust the game to the average player. Right now the game is geared for 25k+ DPS. The average player can maybe get to 7K. They need to rework the game to not be reliant on DPS and more focused on new players. Only have elite ques for the ones that must have 50K+ DPS.

Quite so. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    sotsogmsotsogm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I'm cautiously optimistic about the changes.

The only thing that might make me a little sad is targetable torpedos' new immunity to Gravity Well. I like punching holes in spacetime!

Which, I guess I can still do for kicks even if it doesn't dispose of torps anymore, right? Take that, universe!
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    My biggest worry on accuracy changes for FAW is that one of FAW's best benefits pre-plasma consoles is point defense - swatting down torps/fighters.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    sotsogm wrote: »
    The only thing that might make me a little sad is targetable torpedos' new immunity to Gravity Well. I like punching holes in spacetime!
    And since NPCs will most likely be affected by the changes as well, GW and TR will no longer protect you from the D'Deridexes' and Borg's plasma torpedoes of doom.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I never thought I'd see the day. Beam Overload took a hit too, but also got an interesting buff.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10426883-details-on-space-balance-changes

Honestly, the BO change sounds like an overall buff to me
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    I can smell the fires already starting to burn.

Got room for another in the bunker? I'll bring the drinks.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Good to see hangar pets getting a small buff. Especially the increased responsiveness was much needed.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    And I'm also happy to see this change:
    The equation used to determine how weapons power influences your damage has been changed to a higher benefit at low power levels than before, and the same benefit as before at 100 weapons power, and slightly less while above.

Since they already did the same with Auxiliary power, thereby hitting Scis, it's fair that weapon power gets the same treatment now.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User

If you cannot get 25k your doing something wrong, I dont even have to try.

Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    This topic (FAW FINALLY NERFED) is nothing but a troll topic btw.
    tarran61 wrote: »

Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User

the page said it's about having fun, not being a dps god/goddess.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    The equation used to determine how weapons power influences your damage has been changed to a higher benefit at low power levels than before, and the same benefit as before at 100 weapons power, and slightly less while above.

Since they already did the same with Auxiliary power, thereby hitting Scis, it's fair that weapon power gets the same treatment now.

What exactly does it mean? That weapon power decreases above 100?
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    That blog looks like a collection of every suggestion I've ever posted strung into a single document.

Perma-scratch-the-paint for all hanger pets? Hell Yaaasss!
    Damage debuff and accuracy debuff for FAW? Hallelujah!
    Buff Beam overcharge? Bring it!
    Redesign Target Subsystems to work with ALL weapons? Thank you sir, may we have another?
    Faster targetable projectile speeds? Zoom zoom!
    Convert Weapon Power to follow the new Aux power scaling? Die over-capping. Die in a fire.

Let the old meta BURN. It's time for some new apex predators.
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »

I agree, it is only fair. Seems like the changes are ok to me. Although, I am not optimistic that these changes will actually bring about 'balance' and may not actually bring about variety of builds, possibly just a new meta.
  • Options

But Im not and I do have fun. Right ship, right traits which are from the rep and C-store ships and right Boff's with training.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    My biggest worry on accuracy changes for FAW is that one of FAW's best benefits pre-plasma consoles is point defense - swatting down torps/fighters.

There's at least 7 other sources of point defense - 4 of them with point defense in their name. If you want it, it's out there.

• Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User

But Im not and I do have fun. Right ship, right traits which are from the rep and C-store ships and right Boff's with training.

AVERAGE PLAYER. This does not apply to you or me. I have the financial ability to get my ship up to 40k and im happy there. But of my friends, I am one of 4 that can match that. The rest are NEW and cannot or do not understand how to get higher. So stop trolling and put yourself in the shoes of a new player who knows little and has a limited budget.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    That blog looks like a collection of every suggestion I've ever posted strung into a single document.

Perma-scratch-the-paint for all hanger pets? Hell Yaaasss!
    Damage debuff and accuracy debuff for FAW? Hallelujah!
    Buff Beam overcharge? Bring it!
    Redesign Target Subsystems to work with ALL weapons? Thank you sir, may we have another?
    Convert Weapon Power to follow the new Aux power scaling? Die over-capping. Die in a fire.

Let the old meta BURN. It's time for some new apex predators.

IKR? They actually listened to logical, well-thought out player suggestions. All good stuff so far. When you cheer nerfs to stuff you use all the time (for all the wrong reasons), you know they're making good decisions.

I'm guessing they introduced this more positive stuff first to soften the eventual, inevitable blow of nerfs to APA and GDF.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Projectile code is in a sorry shape. With 2 existing sources of "increase destructible speed" that have no significant increase in speed (and in some cases make your projectiles slower), pardon me if i am skeptical of any changes to destructibles speed.
    Indeed. Let's nerf the new changes to Engineers before it even gets out of the gate. Bravo.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

There's at least 7 other sources of point defense - 4 of them with point defense in their name. If you want it, it's out there.

Also, Accuracy Debuff is not the same as "You will never hit a heavy torpedo or mine or pet every again with FAW". It just means you need a few more shots.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.